[HC 3.1] – OTA (update.zip) – (Update: 6/18/11)

Search This thread

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Stock recovery not liking it. Aborts itself after you select the zip from update. Not sure if the zip is corrupted or maybe my tablet doesn't have enough battery.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

this is not for the stock recovery.

please read the instructions on the posting.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Oh okay, well unfortunately adb logcat isn't working I get

"- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -"

when I try to execute logcat. It does find the device though in adb devices. Can't do anything on DDMS either. How long should rebuilding dalvik take?

that means something failed. go back to recovery and do a restore of your backup.

boot back in. then go back to cwm (use the latest, 0608 that i posted here in the forums/droidbasement), and restore system/boot only from the dload posted this morning. check /tmp/recovery.log for any issues. then reboot and try to boot it.

if it happens again, go back to cwm, do a full wipe (dont worry, you can restore data later on), then restore system and boot only. then try to boot it.

i did two restores this morning myself, and all checks out fine on my specific device.

Last edited:

doublehoya

Jul 31, 2010
North Jersey/NYC
So I'm having a fastboot driver issue, and I'm about at the end of my rope.

Question- if I have CWM already installed (using ROM Manager), can I unpack the zip, copy the folder to clockworkmod/backups, and restore using CWM like I was just flashing a backup I had made myself? My guess is that if it were that easy, pershoot would have set it up that way, but hope springs eternal...

Thanx again for posting the backup, pershoot. Good looking out.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
So I'm having a fastboot driver issue, and I'm about at the end of my rope.

Question- if I have CWM already installed (using ROM Manager), can I unpack the zip, copy the folder to clockworkmod/backups, and restore using CWM like I was just flashing a backup I had made myself? My guess is that if it were that easy, pershoot would have set it up that way, but hope springs eternal...

Thanx again for posting the backup, pershoot. Good looking out.

i havent tested CWM from RM, so i cant advise at this current moment. please get fastboot working. it is crucial to have this functionality, not only for now but for later on.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
ill do my best to get an update.zip format out tonight (was very late in the morning, so wanted to get something out for you all which couldn't do OTA on the device due to sammy's server issues).

doublehoya

Jul 31, 2010
North Jersey/NYC
i havent tested CWM from RM, so i cant advise at this current moment. please get fastboot working. it is crucial to have this functionality, not only for now but for later on.

You're right, of course. I'll keep working at the driver issue- better safe than sorry. It's frustrating because it works with both my evo and my tb, but not the tab. Where's that damned sledgehammer?

Thanx again for the help & the quick response.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
You're right, of course. I'll keep working at the driver issue- better safe than sorry. It's frustrating because it works with both my evo and my tb, but not the tab. Where's that damned sledgehammer?

Thanx again for the help & the quick response.

reinstall the driver set from droidbasement. you can find it under drivers in galaxy folder (for windows only).

now try.

if a no go, then remove the driver (if using windoze), in device manager (fastboot or some such), then unplug/replug. you should be able to see it.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
All stock images are on droidbasement in sys-backup folder and in the posting.

kentoe

Mar 17, 2010
reinstall the driver set from droidbasement. you can find it under drivers in galaxy folder (for windows only).

now try.

if a no go, then remove the driver (if using windoze), in device manager (fastboot or some such), then unplug/replug. you should be able to see it.

Where are these drivers? I can't find them on droidbasement

newbapotamous

Aug 3, 2010
OTA

So I totally just did the OTA update to 3.1 on the I/O LE Tab and noticed that live wallpapers can't really be set as lock-screen wallpapers... WTF - anybody else notice any changes? The system still seems kinda laggy compared to the Xoom 3.1 that I have. Weird...

Top Liked Posts