Thinking of getting a 16GB tab s

Search This thread

agc93

Mar 14, 2011
Brisbane
Is there anyway to use the sdcard as the main storage device though?
Theres no real way to use it as the "main" storage, but you can certainly put any and all of your music, movies, documents, clips, files, anything on the SD card and open it up in your favourite file manager. Apps are the only thing that can't be loaded on the external SD card.

DreadPirateDan

Oct 16, 2011
Queensland
I figured as much. Bad news for me! But i can't actually install any of my games to have them hog up my memory, so for now I guess i'm sweet as houses.

If only we had root access, looks like if you just rename the folders you could trick it into thinking the sd card is the main one..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I got a 32Gb a week after it was released in the UK. Am very pleased with it so far. I suppose it's just a case of knowing that you aren't going to be able to do anything all that different with it, other than the things you can already do with a laptop. It's for emails / surfing / social networking and the bits and bobs you can already do with an Android phone.

The overall size is very good and the screen is crystal clear. The speakers are disappointing. I found installing ASWLauncher EX was a big bonus - speeds up the UI and gives you room for more apps in a dock along the bottom of your 5 screens.

I've put a 32Gb full size SD card in the slot, and am using MX Video Player app to play movies from it, and PowerAmp to play mp3s from it.

I'd highly recommend getting the dock, as it means less use of the power cable, which feels a bit flimsy and gives you the impression that it could easily be broken. It also turns the tab into a nice picture-frame!

For transferring files to and from the tablet, I'd recommend FTPServer on the tablet (https://market.android.com/details?id=lutey.FTPServer&hl=en), and Filezilla on a pc/laptop. This removes the need to constantly put a cable in the side of the device, as the transfers are done wirelessly.

I haven't scratched the screen in all the time I've had it, and don't think it would scratch without some serious force.

... Just some of my views! Hope that helps.
    don't forget emulation works perfectly too (not just the PSN store games, which BTW are emulated anyway). So you have almost the entire PSX/SNES/megadrive/neogeo/N64 library potentially available, together with wireless controllers working out of the box.

FWIW, for video decoding, I've found using apple tv presets works perfectly, and preserves 720p