[Q] Help possible vrick

Search This thread

thandlovsky

Dec 24, 2011
Im really scared. I have an atrix rooted and unlocked. I had neutrino 2.7gt on it and due to being buggy I chose to flash ee, but did so as an update. It worked but then I had to format my sd card and re flash the addons and when i did i got stuck in a bootloop. so i tried to get into android recovery mode and now I just have a blank screen please help me.

italosnt

Jan 13, 2012
Aracaju
Try flash a SBF Rom via RSD Lite. Take care, you must be careful. This is not a hard brick, so there is a solution. Tell me when you do it :)

Reactions: thandlovsky

justin11141

Apr 30, 2011
Dallas
This exact same thing happened to me with the blank recovery screen and boot loop, what I did to fix it was wiping my recovery via fast boot then flashed neutrino2.7 again using rom racer. It turned out that notorious posted a bad link to the rom that resulted in this.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Reactions: thandlovsky

italosnt

Jan 13, 2012
Aracaju
LOL

Of course you can flash a sbf after unlock. I got this SAME problem. Solved it flashing a SBF rom and got that problem that don't recognize soft buttons. Solved this new one with a fix found here, at XDA Forum!

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
Do not flash SBF after unlock. Ignore this post and 'unthank'! :)

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Its recommended not to sbf flash, but seeing as you offered no alternative method, perhaps you should delete your post. I also have used sbf flash to recover from a soft brick and confirm it works. You will need the last firmware you use for stock.

Reactions: italosnt

Zednanj

Mar 5, 2012
The same thing happened to me. I used fast boot and erased the recovery in fast boot and then fast boot flashed cwm recovery using the zip. File from their website
I used the instructions from the second post on this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1564363

Last edited:

CaelanT

Of course you can flash a sbf after unlock. I got this SAME problem. Solved it flashing a SBF rom and got that problem that don't recognize soft buttons. Solved this new one with a fix found here, at XDA Forum!

Its recommended not to sbf flash, but seeing as you offered no alternative method, perhaps you should delete your post. I also have used sbf flash to recover from a soft brick and confirm it works. You will need the last firmware you use for stock.

Both of you:
Just because you flashed a SBF after unlock and didn't hard brick does not mean it's OK to do it. There are warnings all over the forums about flashing a SBF after unlock. You should NOT flash a SBF, plain and simple.
I won't delete my post. My post stands, The post prior to it recommends flashing a SBF. I need offer no alternative to tell the OP that this is bad advice!

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
Both of you:
Just because you flashed a SBF after unlock and didn't hard brick does not mean it's OK to do it. There are warnings all over the forums about flashing a SBF after unlock. You should NOT flash a SBF, plain and simple.
I won't delete my post. My post stands, The post prior to it recommends flashing a SBF. I need offer no alternative to tell the OP that this is bad advice!

Warnings against unlocking bootloaders.. did you stop at those warnings? Warnings about flashing custom ROMs, did you heed to those warnings as well? The only reason they SUGGESTED not to use rsd is because it runs the most risk! Your phone loses connection from your computer, you get hard bricked. Phone loses power during flash, hard bricked. Cwm is the quickest and safest (as is fastbooting) but doesn't mean you can't use rsd. Stop being a troll.

CaelanT

Warnings against unlocking bootloaders.. did you stop at those warnings? Warnings about flashing custom ROMs, did you heed to those warnings as well? The only reason they SUGGESTED not to use rsd is because it runs the most risk! Your phone loses connection from your computer, you get hard bricked. Phone loses power during flash, hard bricked. Cwm is the quickest and safest (as is fastbooting) but doesn't mean you can't use rsd. Stop being a troll.

I never said you can't use a SBF! They didn't suggest it is bad advice, I did! You basically agreed with me, so what's your point?

italosnt

Jan 13, 2012
Aracaju
I never said you can't use a SBF! They didn't suggest it is bad advice, I did! You basically agreed with me, so what's your point?

I said: "Try flash a SBF Rom via RSD Lite. Take care, you must be careful. This is not a hard brick, so there is a solution"

You said: "Do not flash SBF after unlock"

It's a bad advice, i know it. Do you see another way to solve it? Or do you prefer a phone soft bricked than try to solve it? If there is a better way to do.. i don't know it, so tell me. Sorry but we're trying to help him/her, he/she doesn't know what to do. Please stop say you're right or wrong, that i'm right or wrong... it doesn't matter :). Please post a solution, we will thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flash a SBF Rom via RSD Lite. Take care, you must be careful. This is not a hard brick, so there is a solution. Tell me when you do it :)
    This exact same thing happened to me with the blank recovery screen and boot loop, what I did to fix it was wiping my recovery via fast boot then flashed neutrino2.7 again using rom racer. It turned out that notorious posted a bad link to the rom that resulted in this.