[APP] Fast "Burst" Camera for Android

Search This thread

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Fast-Burst-Camera.jpg

When HTC and Samsung came out with burst camera in their quad core devices we were all excited by one of the camera feature "Burst shot mode"

But now thanks to Spritefish we can now have the same experience on our Android devices and you don't need to have the One X or S3

Fast Burst Camera has made its way onto the Play Store and it does exactly what we were looking for. Simply hold down the button and you can snap up to 30 frames in a single second if your device allows it. The free version works just fine, but has a few ads which can seem intrusive. For $4, you can buy the pro version which unlocks some additional features such as auto-focus and lighting settings. View the video below to see some real life experiences with the application and see if it could help you take some neat shots.

Note : due to the high speed, pictures are not taken in the highest resolution possible.

Play Store Link (free) | Play Store Link ($3.99)

Last edited:

victorinoxs

Feb 1, 2009
With that kind of pic resolutions, I might be better off by just shooting a video and extracting those frames manually afterwards.

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Used the app on my galaxy note, I am amazed by its ability. Just the image quality needs improvement. I tried the lite version though, anyone see any difference in the pro version?

DJChameleon

Nov 21, 2006
Seattle, WA
When I read the portal news piece I was anticipating a tool to take rapid fire full resolution pics. While my G2X doesn't have a dedicated camera processing chip but it is still a dual core Tegra phone. I was disappointed to continue reading and discover it was about an app I've had on my phone for nearly a year. Don't get me wrong, I really like the app but it wasn't what I was expecting. Kinda bummed because the stock ROM camera software was pretty good and could do six photo bursts at 2MB but the ROM sucked monkey balls. Still recommend fast bust camera a long a you have plenty of light.

Sent from my phone.

Gokh

Jan 14, 2012
The burst speed is incredible, no lag but the resolution is very low (800*480 insead of 2000*1600)

Envoyé depuis mon Blade

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah 800*480 with no lag really isn't impressive nowadays and the pictures are useless at that resolution.

hrstrand

Mar 19, 2011
With that kind of pic resolutions, I might be better off by just shooting a video and extracting those frames manually afterwards.

Note that this will give you a bad result, as the video is compressed and ripping pictures from this compressed stream will give pictures with compression artifacts in them.

best regards,
Peter Frøkjær Strand,
Developer of Fast Burst Camera

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Nice app. It would be great if we could adjust the shutter speed manually.

You can set the shutter speed in the preferences for the app.

best regards,
Peter Frøkjær Strand,
Developer of Fast Burst Camera

SoHaunted

Oct 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
This app was the free app of the day on Amazon last year, it is in no way new.

I used it for a while but image quality is not the best. Improve image quality and I may be tempted to give it another try.

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
This app was the free app of the day on Amazon last year, it is in no way new.

I used it for a while but image quality is not the best. Improve image quality and I may be tempted to give it another try.

Will change the title.... As for the image quality will let peter answer that.... Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Scratchling

Feb 10, 2012
Dublin
Tempted to buy but not being able to test a proper res with focus is a bit dud.

103 Frames in about 12s (Gif cuts off the end a tad)
burst2.gif

jdm_dsm

Jun 18, 2012
Calgary
I've been looking for this function in my phone. Always seemed odd that it didn't come with it out of the box...
Thanks for the app!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast-Burst-Camera.jpg

When HTC and Samsung came out with burst camera in their quad core devices we were all excited by one of the camera feature "Burst shot mode"

But now thanks to Spritefish we can now have the same experience on our Android devices and you don't need to have the One X or S3

Fast Burst Camera has made its way onto the Play Store and it does exactly what we were looking for. Simply hold down the button and you can snap up to 30 frames in a single second if your device allows it. The free version works just fine, but has a few ads which can seem intrusive. For $4, you can buy the pro version which unlocks some additional features such as auto-focus and lighting settings. View the video below to see some real life experiences with the application and see if it could help you take some neat shots.

Note : due to the high speed, pictures are not taken in the highest resolution possible.

Play Store Link (free) | Play Store Link ($3.99)
    Seems a must-have app for my SGS2 CM9! Thx!