Viper4android?

Search This thread

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Can someone please tell me how to actually get it working? I installed it and rebooted after when was instructed to and anything I change on it I don't hear the difference. I'm really new to this app So any directions from someone experienced with it is appreciated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MathiasMcMurray

Mar 28, 2012
Salt Lake City
Can someone please tell me how to actually get it working? I installed it and rebooted after when was instructed to and anything I change on it I don't hear the difference. I'm really new to this app So any directions from someone experienced with it is appreciated

Are you installing 1.2.0? Which carrier model phone do you have? Until this most recent update there was no support for T mobile or AT&T, there is now. Make sure you have the correct recovery, and the most recent build of Viper for the M8, do a full wipe and then install. Let me know your result.

I was under the impression you were referring to the Viper Rom. My apologies!

Last edited:

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
Are you installing 1.2.0? Which carrier model phone do you have? Until this most recent update there was no support for T mobile or AT&T, there is now. Make sure you have the correct recovery, and the most recent build of Viper for the M8, do a full wipe and then install. Let me know your result.

UK unlocked. I downloaded the app. Can't get it to work. If I tick a box or whatever sound quality doesn't change

dsymbol

May 2, 2009

1. ROOT your device.
2. Install busybox if doesn’t come with root.
3. Modify build.prop:
Open up /system/build.prop in text editor using any file explorer with root access.

tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
Ipa.decode=true to lpa.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
Save.

4.Download, extract and copy ViPER4Android_FX_A4.x.apk to your device. (I chose this apk)
5. Install the apk
6. Run ViPER4Android_FX app from app drawer, allow root access if asked.
7. When driver installation prompted, choose Yes.
8. V4A auto detects your CPU and show available driver modes below :
No modes: For processors with or without VFP .
Battery Saving: Available for all processors with NEON.
High Quality Mode: Available for processors with NEON.
Super Audio Quality: Available for processors with NEON. (I chose this option)
9. Choose your desired selection.
10. After installation done, Reboot device.
11. Open up V4A FX, in menu, FX Compatible Mode set to Normal Mode.
12. Slide to the right to select Headset. I ticked every boxes (EXCEPT Force Enable V4A) & select extreme.

13. In PowerAmp > Audio > Advanced Tweaks > make sure all boxes de-selected.
14. Play a song from PowerAmp (choose whatever equalizer preset you want)

15. Go back to Viper4AndroidFX app > Menu (3 dots) > Driver Status. If the small window has "Processing: Yes". then you got V4P installed correctly.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts