If you recieved your Oppo Find 7 - share first impressions here

Search This thread

benzso63

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2012
Usa
Sorry to hear that but to be honest. You should have bought the Oneplus One instead. Cheaper and one of the best Android phone on market. Tons of ROMs and support here at XDA.
The sandstone back texture just amazing! The only thing I like about this Oppo 7 is the notification light on the bottom that was it LOL. Nothing else ! I don't care the fast charging.....etc. The onePlus one has more than enough juice for the whole day.

at 1st the phone was great for about 2 hours before i noticed one of the wrost QA on a device i have ever seen. out of the box is has a stuck/dead pixel. granted there are alot of positive stuff about the phone but the main thing, the screen, the thing you look and interact with has something like that right off the bat... makes me just want to throw this thing at the wall and kick myself for giving oppo my money for this device. i cant even resell it for half the money i paid for it! its been about a week now and i think im stuck with this device, as there is no resolution in sight.

when i contacted oppo they refused to sent me a test unit that works. and said that it doesnt effect "user experience" i guess at the end of the day i have myself to blame. i should of done more research in how shabby thier QA was. well fool my once shame on you fool me twice... na they wont get me twice. i doubt ill ever buy an oppo device again. i feel like despite all the good about the device buying one is like playing russian roulette. if you are lucky you might get a good one... but there are soo many folks i found who had issues with thier devices, that i cant help but feel bad for.

bottom line.. its a good phone. but the warranty is ****. and the company behind the phone isnt much help.

darrenpauli

Aug 5, 2010
Melbourne
My Find 7 was a freebie of a mate would you bloody believe. I came from an iPhone 3gs!
First impressions: Wow.
Shortly after: ColorOS stinks!
I used to root and mod droids aggges ago before having iPhones thrown at me. Anyway, I'm now on Nameless Rom and can't wait for Lollipop!!

Lord Childe

Dec 11, 2013
London
www.naturalblood.co
The thing is slim, elegant and beautiful (unlike the plastic-looking OnePlus One)... and I didn't expect to get a superb audio player as well.

I flashed Nightly ROM - got the infamous screen of death whenever I locked the screen, so I ditched cyan and flashed colorOS v2 but found it impossible to get permanent root, so I came back to 1.2.7. No issues. I like the elegant, smart UI of colorOS.

Being an audiophile I was disappointed that viper4andriod is incompatible with colorOS. But MaxxAudio gives a fantastic sound - limited options, maybe, but listening with a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers and it impresses much.

Last edited:

mikey_sk

bye bye oppo

gave up with oppo's awful roms, you guys have made such a great effort polishing it up here, and the dev's have made a great contribution to this device, particularly the DU and Omni teams.

got a nexus 6, runnind de-enctypted stock Lollipop and FRANCO KERNAL, and this thing literally FLIES. Massive difference to the Find 7 no matter how much i loved that phone.

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
my first impression of my Find 7a when i got it in my big hands was like hmm, this here is actually a good size phone for me and the quality for the prices is really good, and i fell in love with the skyline notification light when i first saw a pic of it. (I came from a LG Optimus G E975 running stock Cyanogenmod)

bcs i didn't have much money last summer and i purchased my Find 7a i purchased it second handed from the phones first owner.

I most admit that Oppo has done a good just with the ColourOS and it's gestures bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have kept for so long, normally after a day or two i flash Cyanogenmod on to my phones bcs the stock rom just drives me crazy with their overlay or has many things I don't like about it and i always been a lover of getting as pure android as possible, but with a few tweaks here and there.

Only thing that's a bomber with the Find 7a is it was released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and not Android 4.4 KitKat, but Oppo Finally last year released ColourOS 2.0 in Beta running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which i felt was the only thing missing from the start.

Right now i am running KaKulayOS v1.1 but the ColourOS' need to love memory is my biggest con here, bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have seen using like 1,5~1,8gb of ram on my devices only running a few apps, disabled a lot of running a app killer and using Oppo's Task Manager to clean with but it stills like after less then a day from a reboot or shut down going to like 5xx mb to 3xx mb free ram and it starts out with 1,xx gb free it's just how can all the extra use soo much and i come from LG and i haven't seen that in their roms that also got a lot of features :eek:

But i am thinking about going Cyanogenmod or maybe Namelessrom to get back to about pure android but i don't wanna miss tap2wake bcs it's the thing i use to wake my devices op 99,9% of the time.

So if anyone got some good things to say about CM or Namelessrom then do it, bcs i want to know what's not working before i flash anything :fingers-crossed:

Irwenzhao

Nov 23, 2013
Singapore
my first impression of my Find 7a when i got it in my big hands was like hmm, this here is actually a good size phone for me and the quality for the prices is really good, and i fell in love with the skyline notification light when i first saw a pic of it. (I came from a LG Optimus G E975 running stock Cyanogenmod)

bcs i didn't have much money last summer and i purchased my Find 7a i purchased it second handed from the phones first owner.

I most admit that Oppo has done a good just with the ColourOS and it's gestures bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have kept for so long, normally after a day or two i flash Cyanogenmod on to my phones bcs the stock rom just drives me crazy with their overlay or has many things I don't like about it and i always been a lover of getting as pure android as possible, but with a few tweaks here and there.

Only thing that's a bomber with the Find 7a is it was released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and not Android 4.4 KitKat, but Oppo Finally last year released ColourOS 2.0 in Beta running Android 4.4.2 KitKat which i felt was the only thing missing from the start.

Right now i am running KaKulayOS v1.1 but the ColourOS' need to love memory is my biggest con here, bcs this is the first manufacture rom i have seen using like 1,5~1,8gb of ram on my devices only running a few apps, disabled a lot of running a app killer and using Oppo's Task Manager to clean with but it stills like after less then a day from a reboot or shut down going to like 5xx mb to 3xx mb free ram and it starts out with 1,xx gb free it's just how can all the extra use soo much and i come from LG and i haven't seen that in their roms that also got a lot of features :eek:

But i am thinking about going Cyanogenmod or maybe Namelessrom to get back to about pure android but i don't wanna miss tap2wake bcs it's the thing i use to wake my devices op 99,9% of the time.

So if anyone got some good things to say about CM or Namelessrom then do it, bcs i want to know what's not working before i flash anything :fingers-crossed:

CM 12 Nightlies just got releases today, haven't tried it yet (and not planning to), but it's CM, what could go wrong?

I'm currently using Nameless 5.0.2. So far it's awesome. No major bugs so far, but some other users have reported issues. But nothing major should happen provided you follow the correct steps.

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
CM 12 Nightlies just got releases today, haven't tried it yet (and not planning to), but it's CM, what could go wrong?

I'm currently using Nameless 5.0.2. So far it's awesome. No major bugs so far, but some other users have reported issues. But nothing major should happen provided you follow the correct steps.

It could and has bricked a lot of phones!

GTCC

Jan 18, 2013
Posted that before people bricked their devices. Sorry for wrong info. Nameless for KitKat, one of the most stable 5.0.x releases so far.

I thought that CM had already fixed their builds. Seems that CM causing SystemUI to crash.

Yeah I knew you posted it before people started reporting bricking. Even if they do brick there phone they can get it back by using your expert guide on the Oppo forums.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    which one is better, 7 or 7a? there's group of people in my local country claiming that 7a has better screen and better camera shot. they said that 2K screen resolution is too overkill so the GPU needs to works harder than in 7a.
    can please someone confirm?

I've had both. The 2k screen is definitely better than the 1080p screen, and anyone saying it's "overkill" didn't wanna fork over the extra $$$. The 3GB of RAM is CRUCIAL. Ask anyone that ditched their Note 3 for the GS5 and felt the loss of that 1GB of RAM...when you download your apps to the phone, you will be surprised at the lack of RAM you will have available with certain things running in the background...even when you close out all apps. In most cases, you'll have less than 400MB left on a 2GB version, while you have over 1.3-1.5GB remaining on the 3GB model.

You WILL feel that difference. Don't believe me? You'll see it the most when you keyboard is needed. I've always noticed on any 2GB phone I've had such as the GS5, HTC ONE M8, and 7A that the keyboards lag A LOT! Doesn't matter if you're using a stock keyboard, Swype, Android Keyboard, Swift, you name it...they lag! There is a considerable difference on the phones with 3GB of RAM such as the Note 3, Sony Z2, and the Find 7.

I haven't had a hiccup on my Find 7 yet as far as performance goes. The added resolution does nothing to take away from performance. The cameras seemed identical to me on both the 7 and 7a so no idea where the talk about the camera being better came from.

Like I said, those opposing the Find 7 because of its QHD screen are the same ones that would buy it 10 out of 10 times if they had the patience to wait for it (the 7a did come out over a month before) and/or the extra cash to fork over. If you got the cash, the Find 7 is your phone.
    This is the best I have had on color os. I had over 6 hrs of screen on time!
    Just received the phone a few days ago:)

Here are my initial thoughts:

Packaging:
    The box it comes in is lovely and looks so good. Everything packed nicely and gives a real premium feel.

Phone:
    Holding the phone feels really nice. I was worried about the size as I am coming from a Nexus 4, but it fits great in my hand(s). The weight and the distribution is impressive, for a larger device it is very nice to hold and feels like it weighs less than it actually does. The position of the power button is perfect. Being a lefty I find it much easier to operate than my Nexus 4 which has the power button on the right.

Screen:
    The screen is amazing. One of the best I have used. It’s crisp and a delight to use. Not much more to say really.

ColorOS:
    I actually like ColorOS. The look and customisation that comes with these sorts of ROMs along with the built in apps are all plus points, so I have no problem with it. I find it looks much better than AOSP as the black/grey/blue just look a bit boring to me. The lighter colour and customised areas on the OS are much more pleasing to the eye, in my opinion. But people will always be divided on this as everyone has everyone has their own preference.

Other stuff:
    I am so far not having any issues. I am not sure if I see the yellow tint that others have seen or not, I thought I saw it on some apps but in others I don’t. Maybe it’s my eyes or I have just adjusted to it, either way is not causing me any problems.

The speed of the phone is great and am loving the gestures. Haven’t really played with the Camera yet but a couple of shots I took look really sharp.

All in all, I am very happy so far and am sure will continue to be so.

If in any doubt about buying this, don't hesitate. One of the best phones out there at the moment… in my opinion.
    I've got the phone since Friday now (3rd day) and it's a great phone.

+ Recharge, overall quality, screen, feel in the hand, amazing speakers.

- Fast drain on batery, yellow tint on the bottom of the screen (as many others)

pics: click here

;)
    best phone I ever had.
    hardware: Impressive built quality, awsome gorilla glass with almost perfect touch (but I had to remove that **** of screen protector that killed touch sensitive), conversation quality is like havin ur friend talkin beside you and it get signal where other phones die.
    software: I m using colorOS 1.2i, it has lacks of some feature, but it sports everything you really need and it does it fast and easy to use. It's like a stock android with kool features. Never had bug like force closing of apps....for me it's much better to use than a touchwiz and I feel like I m using a reactive nexus or a cooked rom.
    camera: should I spend words? no...it's the best, there's no competion. it doesnt have any gimmick feature like htc zoe..but it's so easy and fast to find the settings u need, just shoot! and pics are nearly professional.
    loudspeaker: it's in gods arena, beside z2 and htc one. if htc m8 is the king in this way, find7a is a prince, and u ll be happy of having.
    Battery drain: kernel and governor need to be fixed. I had a good 6% of drain when using it with lte and screen on, but I also had 5.5% in stand by mode. so....here it's how I fixed and now I get 1.5% in standby (tnx to Gsam and Wakelock apps):
    -removed stock google news and wheater widget, it doesnt allow sleep mode and it drain 1.5% of battery per hour
    -removed yahoo wheater app (removing just widget is unuseful)...saved other 1.5%
    -WIFI advanced settings : everythin off but optimization wifi...saved another 1.5%
    - I use pattern unlock mode, from ever, someone reported that using stock colorOS mode drains battery

I noticed that when switching off WIFI , 3g/4g connection is already on...never happened with other phones, they all took some seconds for 3g to be working, maybe this means connection drain battery as it never goes really off even when is under wifi? dunno..

something I didnt like , but doesnt matter:
    -power button sucks, it s less than half millimeter, so it's very hard to push it. but I dont really care, I use double tap to lock and unlock it!
    -back cover. it's good and has grip, nice color and wotever...but it's very very slim and flexible. due it's so slim, antenna works like a blackberry but I m afraid it will destroy itself easily, bcs it's already starting to be flexible at my touch.
    -screen: awsome , color are very good, but a more calibrated temperature can improve it. it's not blueish like some reviewr says...but a better temperature could improve its gamma as well, that s very high (I used to calibrate televisions some years ago so I have a special look on screens). at a first look , find7a screen is like an LG g2 screen with a wrong calibration (but more realistic colors ).
    -It arrived with a dead pixel , but it s impossible to notice it due it's a full-hd screen, so I really dont give a shot about it.
    -yellow screen, there's a yellow ghost at the base of the screen for 2 millimeters...but believe me guyz, I v seen ppl going crazy on forums for this, It's something u can notice only on a completely white screen and if nobody tells u, your not going to see it! but if u love perfection, I can say that it went away after some days of usage...I m sure it's glue and it takes some days of warm screen to be fixed.
    -optional case: tnx oppo to send me such a gift in real leather, but I trash it after 1h. software doesnt support this case, having it in my pocket means it opens itself and screen goes on, but when u close it , the screen stays on anyway. I have to open it to pick up a call! wtf! why does it have such a window if I have to open it???
    -warranty: oppo policy in europe is to send the phone I dont know where in europe, they will send I dont where in china, someone I dunno will decide if I have to pay to repair the phone. anyway I will pay to ship it. Ok, I accept to save 300€ on s5, m8, z2...and get 1+ if I destroy my find7...

just my opnion, everyone has his needs, wot is good for me can be bad for u...