[APP] UPSM Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xperiacle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 12, 2012
Based on the info by @Arsaw on this THREAD, I made a simple app to easily add more apps to the list of Ultra Power Saving Mode supported apps. If the method described by Arsaw works on your S5 then this app should hopefully work as well, otherwise, there is no way I could make it work. This app only saves the list but in no way guarantee that the apps will work on ultra power saving mode or not. There could be issues with some apps so be aware of the limitations.

This is an initial test release. I have not tested it on a real S5 device but I have tested it on my Note 3 using an S5 ported Rom and hopefully it should work on a real S5 as well.

Just download below, install, run, select the apps you want, save (make sure you grant superuser root access) and it will save the list to the corresponding csc file.

Credit: Thanks to @Arsaw for the INFO.

Attachments

• UPSM_Manager_v1.0.apk
    191.3 KB · Views: 91,068
Last edited:

rraaka

Sep 8, 2010
first to thank !

stay hungry, stay foolish :)

yup, working on Note 2

Last edited:

mithundperfect

Aug 13, 2013
Agartala
youtube.com
When I download this, it is a zip file and hence unzipping doesn't give me the apk file to install per the installation instructions. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

It's an .apk file not .zip..just install it like a normal apk.. done

---------- Post added at 09:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Info: after adding apps it says to reboot.. But it works fine without reboot :)

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Works great. Although mentioned in the toast to reboot, it worked without even rebooting.
And as confirmed by @smeet.somaiya music works flawlessly and doesn't stutter for me too

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Works great. Although mentioned in the toast to reboot, it worked without even rebooting.
And as confirmed by @smeet.somaiya music works flawlessly and doesn't stutter for me too

Sent from my RPG with auto targeting

Working flawlessly on DN3 ROM.
Thank you @Arsaw and @xperiacle
You guys are awesome.. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Music player working in UPSM without any sttuters :thumbup: :)

Weird. My music crashed on me. Damn ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

devil_slayer

Apr 23, 2013
Cairo
Thnx

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Weird. My music crashed on me. Damn ?

it worked for me for lik e 30 sec then when the screen blacked out the music stopped and tried opening music again but didn't work

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thnx

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

it worked for me for lik e 30 sec then when the screen blacked out the music stopped and tried opening music again but didn't work

Yes. That's exactly what happened to me too.

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
Looking good!

I tried it on T-mobile S5. It takes a very long time to enter and exit UPSM (which was already slow). I only added the additional four apps, any ideas? I do have a lot of apps installed, is it loading and un-loading all of them or something?

Thanks

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Looking good!

I tried it on T-mobile S5. It takes a very long time to enter and exit UPSM (which was already slow). I only added the additional four apps, any ideas? I do have a lot of apps installed, is it loading and un-loading all of them or something?

Thanks

I have 80 apps installed and it takes normal timing to load with this app/mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on the info by @Arsaw on this THREAD, I made a simple app to easily add more apps to the list of Ultra Power Saving Mode supported apps. If the method described by Arsaw works on your S5 then this app should hopefully work as well, otherwise, there is no way I could make it work. This app only saves the list but in no way guarantee that the apps will work on ultra power saving mode or not. There could be issues with some apps so be aware of the limitations.

This is an initial test release. I have not tested it on a real S5 device but I have tested it on my Note 3 using an S5 ported Rom and hopefully it should work on a real S5 as well.

Just download below, install, run, select the apps you want, save (make sure you grant superuser root access) and it will save the list to the corresponding csc file.

Credit: Thanks to @Arsaw for the INFO.
    Working flawlessly on DN3 ROM.
    Thank you @Arsaw and @xperiacle
    You guys are awesome.. :)

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 AM ----------

Music player working in UPSM without any sttuters :thumbup: :)

Working as needed on the international S5. Is there a way to remove the stock browser from the first 3 apps on display? Much rather use Chrome and have a space for another app

I used Titanium Backup to freeze the stock apps. Then they didn't show up on the menu, and were open slots and I could replace them with what I wanted.
    I found solution for work this app in firmware ang2 - ang9. Open upsm manager and add apps to emergency mode. Then go to phone settings - app manager and found emergency manager service and clear settings. After this works great.
    great.. install, run, select the apps i want, save, activate UPSM and its works without reboot.. :D

Blackberry Messenger, Whatsapp, Google Maps (with Location activated), S5 Music, are working fine without any issue. those apps i expecting to use. one i got FC when testing S5 video, no problem, never gonna use it..
    btw some default widget on lock screen still working (turn on multiple widget before UPSM activated) like music, message. but some not working like clock and personal message, also zooper widget.. but no problemo again.. :)

another remarkable app by xperiacle.. thanks :thumbup: