[Q] Need help. I think I messed up somewhere.

Search This thread

LedHendrix

Mar 25, 2011
I'm trying to get TWRP installed. I rooted my phone with KINGO Root and that went fine. Installed TWRP from the Google play store. I installed TWRP through the app.
It ask me to choose the model of phone I'm on. I have a i337m from Telus. It asked me to confirm that dev/block//dev/block/mmcblk0p21 was my recovery block. I selected yes. It then flashed and said it was successful and asked if I wanted to boot into recovery. I selected yes, but now my phone hangs on the boot screen.
It say recovery booting in the top right as well as "Recovery is not SeAndroid enforcing" and "Set Warranty Bit: recovery". It stays there and doesn't do anything else.

Did I just brick my phone?

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
I'm trying to get TWRP installed. I rooted my phone with KINGO Root and that went fine. Installed TWRP from the Google play store. I installed TWRP through the app.
It ask me to choose the model of phone I'm on. I have a i337m from Telus. It asked me to confirm that dev/block//dev/block/mmcblk0p21 was my recovery block. I selected yes. It then flashed and said it was successful and asked if I wanted to boot into recovery. I selected yes, but now my phone hangs on the boot screen.
It say recovery booting in the top right as well as "Recovery is not SeAndroid enforcing" and "Set Warranty Bit: recovery". It stays there and doesn't do anything else.

Did I just brick my phone?

The SeAndroid, and warranty bit warnings are normal, try manually flashing TWRP through Odin; sounds like it was a bad flash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

LedHendrix

Mar 25, 2011
The SeAndroid, and warranty bit warnings are normal, try manually flashing TWRP through Odin; sounds like it was a bad flash.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

My PC and Odin aren't detecting my phone anymore. I try to get into download mode holding the volume +power + home button but it doesnt work. I'm stuck on the galaxy S4 splash screen.

LedHendrix

Mar 25, 2011
My PC and Odin aren't detecting my phone anymore. I try to get into download mode holding the volume +power + home button but it doesnt work. I'm stuck on the galaxy S4 splash screen.

Ok my mistake I made it to download mode and it connected to my pc. I pressed Volume up instead of volume down. Feel dumb right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok my mistake I made it to download mode and it connected to my pc. I pressed Volume up instead of volume down. Feel dumb right now.

It happens to the best of us, we all have to learn some way. I bet you never forget how to get into download mode now! ;) good luck!

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app