[MOD]2010.05.04-ADW.Launcher, now with... a lot of things

Search This thread

Zoltair Wright

Feb 18, 2006
Nashville, USA
Long press to bring up background apps, short press for previews. never ran into the issue u are describing.

Yup the long press works as usual, and so does the short press. My problem is that I can't turn the short press off. (I don't really like/use it.) I already tried unchecking the option under ADWSettings and reloading. I even rebooted and it still wouldn't turn off.

EdKo66

Aug 31, 2009
Rhoon
www.voorugezien.nl
Also the launcher doesn't always seems to work, so I rather go back to the original version, but can't figure out how to do this. Any clue on that?

(since I can't seem to add an image, I removed it).

torchedlh

Feb 21, 2010
So I've installed the 6.999999.2 update and it seems exactly the same as the old one (stock SuperD 1.11). I dont see any new options in the setting menu or a shortcut dock. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I think I'm missing something very basic....please help, thanks.

EDIT: realized i had to change the default launcher from "nexus launcher" to "home". Did this by clearing the default setting from the "nexus launcher" in the manage applications menu. Sweet!

Last edited:

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
So I've installed the 6.999999.2 update and it seems exactly the same as the old one (stock SuperD 1.11). I dont see any new options in the setting menu or a shortcut dock. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I think I'm missing something very basic....please help, thanks.

easy, inside superD you selected the "nexus launcher", but when you flashed mine it replaced superD's "standard launcher".
pick the right one :)

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
I think I may have found my replacement for AdvancedLauncher. The stock app drawer is a useless pile of 250 icons to scroll through. I know the iPhone thing isn't great, but it at least increments the mess for me. Any more drawer work is certainly welcome on my part!

Contrary to my sig, I'm now running CM 5.0.7 Test2. All seems smooth except that the wallpapers don't get applied without restarting the launcher. Funny, because the Lockscreen registers the change.

It's a big deal for me, since I use Locale, (which is wonky in itself) which needs to be monitored. I use the wallpaper to tell me whay "Situation" is active so I know without a click if my phone is going to let off a full-volume fart notification tone (my daughter is 5) in the middle of the homily (sermon) on Sunday morning. I mean, it's good info to have quickly.

I'm going to try this on CM 4.2.15.1 to see if that's still the case.

I had to reboot my phone to get the status bar back after I disabled it. I'm not sure how tough it would be to bring it back without restarting the Launcher, but I guess I would put that in the hopper If I were the one working on this. But that's me. I loved having just that much more screen real estate, but I do use BarTender so that I can turn on my BT Wifi, etc. regardless of the app I'm in.

But you know how there are "apps" that you can click to change a setting? Wouldn't it be amazing to have an app (shortcut) to toggle the status bar?

Or what if the bar were only there when an app that isn't full screen is up, but not on the Home screen? Or if you could configure what apps let it show and what apps don't?

Since the Dock bar pops up when the app drawer handle is pulled up, I was wondering if another dock bar could be added when puling down. Hmmm.

I can tell I'm excited about this launcher. I start getting wacky and out-of-control ideas. I had the thought of putting HelloStatus in BarTender/BarControl (in notifications). It's stuff like that that keeps me from calling noobs idiots.

It's really nice work!

EDIT:

Whups. I knew there'd be something to add. I just tried to change the drawer scrolling method from the Samsung to standard android, and while I was at it I also enabled drawerr animations. I wnet to restart the launcher, and I got an acore FC (no wait). It just so happens I had it plugged in to ddms. I missed the first chunk because the log was too long, but here's the second:
Code:
05-08 12:11:21.425: DEBUG/AndroidRuntime(6831): Shutting down VM
05-08 12:11:21.425: WARN/dalvikvm(6831): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001e180)
05-08 12:11:21.425: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception
05-08 12:11:22.435: INFO/[Locale](540): PluginConditionFactory$PluginAsynchronousUpdateReceiver.onReceive(): Received update request for com.DroidMunkey.LocaleWifiConditions.EditActivity
05-08 12:11:22.535: DEBUG/WifiService(137): releaseWifiLockLocked: WifiLock{localeWifiConditions.Service type=2 binder=android.os.BinderProxy@441d7ae8}
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: width and height must be > 0
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate(Native Method)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:468)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at com.android.launcher.Launcher.showPreviews(Launcher.java:2452)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at com.android.launcher.Launcher.onNewIntent(Launcher.java:1133)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnNewIntent(Instrumentation.java:1119)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread.deliverNewIntents(ActivityThread.java:2567)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread.performNewIntents(ActivityThread.java:2579)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread.handleNewIntent(ActivityThread.java:2587)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread.access$3000(ActivityThread.java:119)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1910)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
05-08 12:11:22.575: ERROR/AndroidRuntime(6831):     at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

wow, what a post full of info :)
regarding the fc, is caused by a (my fault) try to show the previews while launcher is not fully loaded yet (upon restarting it, when android kills it, etc). i may end solving it someday :)

the other bunch of data on your post is a little cluttered, so maybe my answer is not the one you expected, but:
-i've found 1 only time my statusbar dissapear till i rebooted phone... but i was inside market app so not sure if it's launcher fault...
-there already exist apps to show/hide statusbar (chek few pages back), but the launcher cannot control which apps will show/hide the statusbar. Each app must decide itself.
-i've implemented a 4 directional "slide to" button (look in my github code) so i could add more things to do with sliding button left/right, but i left only "upwards" enabled cause i dont wanna make it so "feature overloaded"...

hudl

Jul 25, 2007
Vienna
If you move the icons not far enough that they scroll to the next screen, they will bounce back. I think it will greatly enhance the "scroll experience" if they won't...

Can someone tell me where i can change this algorithm by myself? Like "get file xyz and change value abc in ...xml"...

Sorry guys, don't want to clutter this thread - but no one knows? I tried to find some values in different xml files with "AXML Printer GUI" but have no clue which ones to change... Helix Launcher is near to not bouncing back, but also does it. And i like the speed and behaviour in ADW Launcher so much more!
Anyone? I would really appreciate any hint!

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
Sorry guys, don't want to clutter this thread - but no one knows? I tried to find some values in different xml files with "AXML Printer GUI" but have no clue which ones to change... Helix Launcher is near to not bouncing back, but also does it. And i like the speed and behaviour in ADW Launcher so much more!
Anyone? I would really appreciate any hint!

there's no xml edit you can do to such a thing. it would involve a lot of java editing the source and overwrite the actual scrolling/touchevents implementation.

FatBoyExtraordinaire

Jun 24, 2008
Philadelphia
Anybody having issues with the newest SetCPU widget slowing down their homescreen/launcher. Took me a minute to figure out what was causing it, but it was the latest widget, the one displaying the current state. Once i removed it, everything was smooth again.

hudl

Jul 25, 2007
Vienna
can someone, who has the wallpaper which is used in the first site screenshot, please upload it :)

greetings
I don't have this wallpaper - but if you want a REAL BIG BUNCH (>50 000) of high quality Wallpapers, go to the Market and download the "Linda File Manager". It's free, one of the best file managers and has the (new) ability to download Wallpapers (maybe this one is there too?)!

hayabusa07

Feb 3, 2009
allright...I did try mabilo and found some nice things too....:)

my file manager is astro, but im interested in LINDA either so thank you very much for the tip :D

greetings

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AnderWeb, you may want to edit the OP to say that this will NOT work on TheOfficial TMO Roms (only AOSP, unless someone reported ADP working)
    Please add a note to the main post warning JIT users that they might have to re/un-install the JIT to get the Launcher working.
    If you're using JIT, you should remove JIT, flash launcher, then reinstall JIT. That's not my launcher fault, is the Jit behaviour messing dalvik-cache...

Ok, time to edit the introduction stuff :)
    This thing is being done completely as a "learning/having some fun" project, and is my FIRST "javandroid" thing so may contain a lot of bugs, may crash your fridge, may overheat your microwave, and so on.
    ATM i have no "team collab" on this, i'm doing the most out of myself, and "myself" is a very limited person, so don't expect miracles :)
    If someone wanna help, please tweet me!
    Also if anyone wants to donate me to buying ice-creams for my son, do it here

Here are some screenshots :)
    shot1.png
    shot2.png
    shot3.png

shot4.png
    shot5.png
    shot6.png

shot7.png
    shot8.png
    shot9.png

There are 2 main "branches" of this mod:
    • the 0.6.x branch is (and always will be) for Android 1.6 donut ONLY.
    • the 0.7x branch is for Android 2.1 eclair and will grow up.
    At the moment the Eclair branch is considered EXPERIMENTAL/UNSTABLE and is not a *proper* port, neither has the right support for different screen sizes/resolutions, so use at your own risk

Installation method:
    • Put the ADW.Launcher.zip into the root of your sdcard.
    • Boot into recovery.
    • NANDROID (just be cautious :) )
    • Flash the file.

Changelog, Downloads & usage instructions/information
    Check them here

NOTICE
    Some settings will force launcher to shutdown itself after aplying, so if your launcher shuts off on settings exit, you should "relaunch" it pressing your home phisical button.

Theme-related things
    This thing is not "themed", it uses default highlight colours, etc, so if you're using a themed launcher or a themed rom, it will overwrite it and you'll loose those changes.
    Solutions:
    • Ask your themer/rom dev to change this launcher images.
    • Try using metamorphs out there to change it yourself

Metamorphs

NOTE "Githubbed", hope is everything allright... my first time using source control systems...
    AnderWeb's Github
    I've uploaded a 0.3b cause i forgot to change some landscape mode graphics :) Sorry!
    Nice Work!

Try to flash, flash ok, reboot ok, ... don't work...... :(
    A lot of FC.....

Restore nandroid.... ok.

I'll wait the next release.....

Bye
    Idk

How many screens do you have in your actual setup?
    I've heard having more than 5 makes the fc party when flashing things like this.
    7 screen, i'm using adv launcher from Binary theme, if this is the problem i'll wait the next release.....

Tia
    Idk

Ok, then you have 2 options:
    1-remove 2 screens on your adv.launcher, then flash :)
    2-wait till i can merge this onto adv.launcher if i ever can :)

gl!
    It's a great launcher, the only suggestions I have for changes are very minor:
    • Add dividing lines between LAB, menu and RAB
    • Remove scrollbar from app menu
    • Increase RAB and LAB icon size to match default Froyo
    + 1111 Agree on this.