My HD2 hardware mod- Wireless charing

Search This thread

Carnivore9

Jun 5, 2010

I used a pixi charging back case (5.99usd) and touchstone charging base (9.99usd) to create this mod. You can find them on clearance at radioshack!

Can be made for other devices: ipods, iphones, bluetooth headset, etc...

Comment plz.

-Carnivore

Last edited:

RedWave31

May 9, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hey, why do you use this microUSB port?
There's one marvelous thing about our HD2 : the dual-backplate setup :p

-> Use the golden plated contacts right next to the sim card.
They're used for the "old/weird" special car back-plate in order to make contact via the magnetic holder (aka the "original" car kit)

This way u'll be able to mod a plastic back plate with all the mechanism integrated, you just have to "make" two pins (and understand how the third middle one works) that connects to the HD2 motherboard :p

Hope that helps :p But i'm sure our HD2 will be the only one who will survive the wireless charging mod without too much trouble vs unibody etc

keesmathot

Mar 24, 2010
Reeuwijk
Nice

Yeah it looks nice but i don't think anybody is siriously going to use this do you??
Wy doing all this effort for making while you just can plug your charging cable in??
Anyways nice work. Good that people are trying to improve the phones usability.

palmbluetooth

Feb 27, 2006
I tried doing something like this a little while back, the connectors next to the sim card can be used for charging which would make the whole thing much nicer and easier, it worked good, but the HD2 metal door blocked the signal so it would not charge, so I used it with a sillicon case on top, it was good but not the best, then I tried to hard wire it inside, opened the HD2, it got few dust specs behind the LCD from opening, I tried blowing them away and the whole screen died, well it was a sad story which eventually ended up on ebay, and I had to get a different one I WILL NOT TRY THIS AGAIN, i hope.

c_legaspi

Nov 25, 2008
thats good of you to try. hope you find a compatible plastic back for it or some other solution.

ill be looking forward to your progress on this as i have a palm pre and an extra touchstone charger.

Carnivore9

Jun 5, 2010
Hey, why do you use this microUSB port?
There's one marvelous thing about our HD2 : the dual-backplate setup :p

-> Use the golden plated contacts right next to the sim card.
They're used for the "old/weird" special car back-plate in order to make contact via the magnetic holder (aka the "original" car kit)

This way u'll be able to mod a plastic back plate with all the mechanism integrated, you just have to "make" two pins (and understand how the third middle one works) that connects to the HD2 motherboard :p

Hope that helps :p But i'm sure our HD2 will be the only one who will survive the wireless charging mod without too much trouble vs unibody etc

The car kit's replacement back is also metal. But I will look into those 3 pins in back. Anyone know what they do exactly?

lude219

Jul 13, 2008
Huntington Beach, CA
The car kit's replacement back is also metal. But I will look into those 3 pins in back. Anyone know what they do exactly?
they activate the navi-panel and charge your phone at the same time. Do they have the navi-panel for the TMOUS version? I'm not really sure, but yea, if you're able to use the 3 pins inside, then it'll free up your micro usb connector.

Carnivore9

Jun 5, 2010
they activate the navi-panel and charge your phone at the same time. Do they have the navi-panel for the TMOUS version? I'm not really sure, but yea, if you're able to use the 3 pins inside, then it'll free up your micro usb connector.

I actually was fooling around with a microusb charging head and found that if you ground one of the data wires, the navpanel will show up. I was a little confused at first since I've never used it before then figured out it was a hidden feature.