FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did any of the guides help you (Please vote for survey purposes)?

Yes

659 Vote(s)
75.49%
No (if not, please PM me with suggestions and additions)

56 Vote(s)
6.41%
Didn't get to use them yet

158 Vote(s)
18.10%

GUIDES [WM]: How to Increase Battery Charge Life (On Android - Pre"Android Guides")

3,864 posts
Thanks Meter: 332

By nir36, Retired Moderator on 15th January 2009, 09:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th May 2014, 03:34 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Originally Posted by aryanjoy9

How i do in moto g...i m unable to find this...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 PM ----------

How i increase battery life in moto g..

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The idea behind this is, reducing clock speed as low as possible. But this will have an impact on the responsiveness of your phone. You can use the app One Power Guard for this. You would have to chose whatever best for you. You can also use Greenify which closes the apps running in background and there by saves battery life.

For both of these apps to work your phone must be rooted. Those who says these don't have any impacts simply don't know how to use them !!!

And follow the well known tips to save battery further. 95% of battery saver apps in market are not effective. Most of them are just doing things that you can do easily by manual ( like Turning off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Backlight, hotspot, Autorotate, reducing brightness, removing Live wall paper, Reduce sleep time to minimum etc ). These apps might have a clean User Interface which will misguide you, but nothing else.

3rd June 2014, 11:33 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have an LG G2 and for some reason, I was never able to get more than 3-4hrs SOC time and compared to others, that result is horrendous. However, I managed to load a custom rom and kernel, and for the first time I've just achieved 5hr 30mins SOC with WiFi and Sync turned on all the time. Been watching videos and Whatsapp messaging all day so I'm pretty pleased.
2nd July 2014, 06:24 AM |#113  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by appviz

The idea behind this is, reducing clock speed as low as possible. But this will have an impact on the responsiveness of your phone. You can use the app One Power Guard for this. You would have to chose whatever best for you. You can also use Greenify which closes the apps running in background and there by saves battery life.

For both of these apps to work your phone must be rooted. Those who says these don't have any impacts simply don't know how to use them !!!

And follow the well known tips to save battery further. 95% of battery saver apps in market are not effective. Most of them are just doing things that you can do easily by manual ( like Turning off WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Backlight, hotspot, Autorotate, reducing brightness, removing Live wall paper, Reduce sleep time to minimum etc ). These apps might have a clean User Interface which will misguide you, but nothing else.

I fully agree with your words saying that "95% of battery saver apps in the market are not effective". The reason behind this is that those apps not working from the root of the system, rather they just temporarily stop the application from working.
But I would like to ask you one point that you have written that by reducing the clock speed of mobile, the battery life can be enhanced. So, I want to ask that do slowing down the clock speed affect the smartphone inversely.
3rd July 2014, 04:54 AM |#114  

More
i dont use greenify, but i did use it last year a long time. i recognized that there is much more than just running backgroundapps witch suck energy...

your mobile connection mode (2g-3g-4g), gps, wlan, vibration and display brightness are the most suckers at all

take a look at my post on this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53808252
4th July 2014, 03:56 AM |#115  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrapratap03

I fully agree with your words saying that "95% of battery saver apps in the market are not effective". The reason behind this is that those apps not working from the root of the system, rather they just temporarily stop the application from working.
But I would like to ask you one point that you have written that by reducing the clock speed of mobile, the battery life can be enhanced. So, I want to ask that do slowing down the clock speed affect the smartphone inversely.

Well, I am not aware of any bad effects of underclocking on smartphones. I'm not quite sure though. But obviously battery saving by underclocking comes with the expense of poor performance of phone, lagness etc.

I guess using underclocking only when you need (may be battery is less than 20-25 %) wouldn't do any harm. You can have all your phones performance back when you get a charger !!
7th July 2014, 10:32 AM |#116  

More
how change bat !!
i have zen5, i can't change the baterry ...
8th July 2014, 10:42 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thank
Thank u , i so helpful for me!!!
9th July 2014, 03:09 AM |#118  

More
thanks for thr information..
my hh samsung galaxy s2.
now my batray more efficient
9th July 2014, 04:29 AM |#119  

More
thanks your post !!!
9th July 2014, 12:26 PM |#120  

More
Thank you very much!
11th July 2014, 01:40 AM |#121  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up thx
Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
activesync, backup, bluetooth, custom cities, drive mapping, guides, lines, network info, recover, remote, toggle bluetooth, toggle wifi, usbtopc, weather cities

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)