FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Problem with new AT&T Tilt ROM 1.62.502.0

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sunil28, Junior Member on 17th February 2008, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I just upgraded the ROM and after upgrade, I notice that the few websites (www.wf.com and beta.m.yahoo.com ) which previously used to work with 1.57.502.2 ROM, does not work anymore. When I try the first one, I get "Browser not Supported" and when I try the website I get "HTC Pilgrim not supported". Anybody else has this problem? Any clues? This problem I reported with these 2 websites occurs with both IE and Opera Mobile browsers. First I thought it was limited to IE, but verified Opera as well which has same problem. So, I am sure it has to do with this new ROM upgrade which changed some of the registry settings or device identifier. Anybody any clues ?
17th February 2008, 06:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
There are several ways to fix this problem, the easiest being,
use KaiserTweak that is stickied at the top of this forum, and change PIE User Agent CustomBase to HTC-8900(AT&T Tilt).

Or you can use a registry editor to do the same thing.
I prefer KaiserTweak, it's easier and lots of stuff you can tweak.

Alemaker
17th February 2008, 06:30 PM |#3  

More
KaiserTweak worked for me. For some reason the 1.62 ROM I downloaded had defaulted to the stock TyTn II PIE Agent. I switched it to HTC-8900, soft reset, and bammo, back in business. From what i remember, the old rom was defaulted to HTC-8900 when i opened KaiserTweak the first time.
17th February 2008, 07:07 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
This problem still continues with Opera Mobile
Great, Thanks!! KaiserTweak help me fix the problem with IE.

But it still same issues visiting these websites from Opera Mobile, any other magic here?
17th February 2008, 08:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
try un-installing and re-installing Opera, and make sure to get rid of all it's folders on your phone before re-installing.
17th February 2008, 08:43 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Still not working
I uninstalled Opera, then made sure that I removed all the folders/files it had created, then did a soft reset and then re-installed opera, still no luck. Continue to have issues with these 2 websites. Any other ideas ?
18th February 2008, 08:28 PM |#7  

More
i just recently updated to the 1.62.xxxx rom... i dont have problems with opera though but i got these issues on my fone.. 1st off, when i take a picture, i cannot load the file.. i cant see what i took. it gives me an error saying that the file cannot be opened(this happens when the default storage is the storage card.) also, when i save something to the storage card, i get another error that says, a device attached to the system is not functioning. i already tried doing a hard reset and i still get errors... any clues??? thanks! im thnking of going bck to the old ATT rom... (sorry for any typos.. im using my phone to write this reply... )
5th March 2008, 07:00 PM |#8  

More
i know this might be a stupid question for everyone that knows what their doing but i do have a registry editor but i cant find the place to change the pie agent.....where can i go to change that?

thanks in advance for your help
5th March 2008, 07:06 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
why not just use kaisertweak or search for the reg key, although i bet its easier to use kaisertweak
5th March 2008, 08:13 PM |#10  

More
im really a noob so i dont know anything about kaiser tweaks but i have task manager that has reg edit on it...so id rather use that then just getting a new program. i hope someone can help me find that location to switch the user agent. but just wondering does changing it really make a major difference???
7th March 2008, 04:26 AM |#11  

More
Angry No HSDPA
With the previous ROM I was able to take advantage of the increased speed of "H" while on the internet after using the Kaiser Tweak. With the new 1.62 ROM my "H" seems to have dissapeared and I only see the 3G even after running the Kaiser Tweak again. Anyone else having this issue? Did our friends AT&T get greedy and lock us out of the high speed?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)