Pixel with Hardware Version PVT. Can I Unlock & install twrp on this phone?

Search This thread

squallvai

Apr 16, 2009
Yogyakarta
Redmi Note 8
I have a pixel phone with hardware version status is PVT (Production Validation Test). Can I unlock & install twrp on this phone?

Pixel
Android 10
Build number
QP1A.191005.007.A3

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_161423_856.jpg
    IMG_20200616_161423_856.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 317

enderzip

Aug 3, 2019
Hanoi
Nexus 7
Google Pixel
If you have a Verizon model then unlikely
If you have a unlocked one, go to Developer Settings and enable oem unlocking and usb debugging, reboot to fastboot then type: fastboot oem unlock. It will wipe your data so make a backup first.

squallvai

Apr 16, 2009
Yogyakarta
Redmi Note 8
If you have a Verizon model then unlikely
If you have a unlocked one, go to Developer Settings and enable oem unlocking and usb debugging, reboot to fastboot then type: fastboot oem unlock. It will wipe your data so make a backup first.
Thanks for your answer

I look into bootloader yesterday.
It says
Product/Variant: Sailfish-US-PVT
Boot Slot : b
console: Disabled
Secure Boot: Production
Device is LOCKED

I can use any network on this phone
How about this info, is it Rootable?

Attachments

• IMG_20200617_021525.jpg
    IMG_20200617_021525.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 222

enderzip

Aug 3, 2019
Hanoi
Nexus 7
Google Pixel
Thanks for your answer

It says
Device is LOCKED

It seems like you have a Verzion model, go to About Device, press Build Number 7 times and go back, you will now have a Developer Settings in the list. Press it and look for Allow OEM Unlock. If it grey out then unfortunately, your Pixel might not be unlockable. If its not, press it and reboot to fastboot. Open ADB and type: fastboot oem unlock . A unlock screen will appear and it will warn you about unlock the bootloader will wipe your data. Press unlock if you have made a backup of your data ( you can continue without making a backup ) or reboot back to android and make a backup if you want to keep your data ( any changes will be reverted ). After that, your device is unlocked and you could install twrp on it. Search google for how to install twrp on pixel since the way to install twrp on pixel is different than other devices.

Reactions: squallvai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for your answer

It says
    Device is LOCKED

It seems like you have a Verzion model, go to About Device, press Build Number 7 times and go back, you will now have a Developer Settings in the list. Press it and look for Allow OEM Unlock. If it grey out then unfortunately, your Pixel might not be unlockable. If its not, press it and reboot to fastboot. Open ADB and type: fastboot oem unlock . A unlock screen will appear and it will warn you about unlock the bootloader will wipe your data. Press unlock if you have made a backup of your data ( you can continue without making a backup ) or reboot back to android and make a backup if you want to keep your data ( any changes will be reverted ). After that, your device is unlocked and you could install twrp on it. Search google for how to install twrp on pixel since the way to install twrp on pixel is different than other devices.