Motorola RAZR I Announced & Discussion Thread!

Search This thread

jonmorris

Apr 22, 2012
Hatfield, UK
www.jmcomms.com
It works well because it's not an add-on, thus it doesn't quit to save memory (like the power saver app does on the new Xperia phones) and then not work.

I recommend trying it, although the battery is good anyway.

Dracutus

Oct 30, 2012
Want White

I really fancy this mobile, but am holding off from buying one in the hope that Motorola will release a white one, the same as the Razr M in America..a choice of black or white. Does anyone know if a white one for instance on its way in a month or two, or is it just a black Razr I?

Dracutus

Oct 30, 2012
Yup, thanks for that, did see that advert before, and I hope the white one wont be too long. Also last night read a forum post regarding the latest Google LG Nexus 4 phone and its very low price..£240 -£280, Well, my thoughts are that other Android phone suppliers will cut their prices also to compete with the high spec but low price Nexus.

Last edited:

cinaski33

Oct 10, 2009
tavullia
I have it since 2 weeks after a horrible htc one s. This is the best moto ever. Led light like the blackberry, rock solid like the old razr, great touch, 1 intel core instead of millions of cores and best of all... the best signal kicking over Samsung and HTC. They just sucks compared to this jewel. Only missing jb... hope soon...

Inviato dal mio XT890 con Tapatalk 2

android88

Jan 21, 2012
I have it since 2 weeks after a horrible htc one s. This is the best moto ever. Led light like the blackberry, rock solid like the old razr, great touch, 1 intel core instead of millions of cores and best of all... the best signal kicking over Samsung and HTC. They just sucks compared to this jewel. Only missing jb... hope soon...

Inviato dal mio XT890 con Tapatalk 2

There are already leaked official JB ROM's for the Droid RAZR M which is the sister of the RAZR i.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Edit: I never did hex editing so it'd take me a while.. if you are willing to upload your kernel that'd be badass ;)
    Just need to change default.prop's secure line from a 1 to a 0 lol

I made an insecured boot.img
    please try this one :eek:
    dl.dropbox.com/u/4692298/XT890/razr_i_boot_insecured.zip
    Regarding the Jelly Bean upgrade; as people are aware, Motorola has stated its planned upgrade schedule for US devices, including the Razr M.

I asked about a UK update and received this today from their PR company:

Motorola will provide updated software upgrade timing for non-US devices before the end of October

That should hopefully mean that by early next week, we'll have a confirmation of when JB will be rolled out - and I expect it will be before the end of this year, not 6-9 months time as with previous devices - or not at all if you owned an Atrix.
    Yea P3 was able to as well. Anyway you figured out how to re-pack and could post instructions? I'd love to get an insecured kernel ;)

Have no confidence :p

1.Open the razr_i_boot.img with a hexeditor.
    2.Find "1f 8b 08".
    3.0x0046C860 to 0x006134EF,This area is compressed cpio.
    4.Move to modified ramdisk directory. and making cpio.gz file.
    cd ramdisk_mod
    find | cpio -H newc -o | gzip -9 > ramdisk_mod.cpio.gz
    5.Open the ramdisk_mod.cpio.gz with a hexeditor.
    6.Overwrite ramdisk_mod.cpio.gz to razr_i_boot.img(0x0046C860 to 0x006134EF) using hexeditor.
    7.Save this image file. which size is the same as razr_i_boot.img

sorry for my bad english.
    Do we know yet if the bootloader on the i is unlockable with the moto unlock site (https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-a)?

Motorola said at the launch event that the bootloader can be unlocked 'where allowed', meaning networks may lock the bootloader on their versions. This is SIM-free so should be fine.

Yes, it has a hardware camera button (with instant start up even when locked/standby- which works every time [hint hint Sony!]). Not sure what version of Bluetooth - and I can't easily try loads of video clips.

I'm at my parents today so no access to a computer and have been way too busy doing other things to get the system dump of the phone. I'm in the process of writing reviews of other devices, as well as coping with a cold and a 7 month old baby that also has a cold!

Also, I knew the phone had HSPA+ (it shows that at the top, as either 3G, 3G+, H, H+). The phone help also shows DC and 4G icons, but is obviously the help text for the RAZR M because it can't show 4G seeing as it isn't LTE. What I don't know is if it supports DC-HSPA+ or not, as I don't know if Orange/T-Mobile uses it (but I can say that it hasn't shown at any time on the phone).

I'll try and put my Three SIM in one day, as their network should have it pretty much nationwide now. However, my thought is that it does NOT support this, which is a shame - but then again, hardly any phones do support this.
    Depends on what the operators want. Much of Scandinavia has LTE, so perhaps the M will be sold if it supports the right frequencies?

You will be able to be able to buy it SIM free otherwise.