[ROM] [CyanogenMod 10] Jelly Bean for HTC G1 - 4.1.1 Pre-Alpha by SoCal Devs [Video]

Search This thread

jcarrz1

Retired Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
scienceprousa.com
This is a working CM10 port of Jelly Bean to the HTC G1, the first android phone!

nMKBZ.png

Remember, we are not responsible if you brick your phone. You must have proper 2708 SPL and radio. Follow the guide!

Special thanks: CyanogenMod team, Shelnutt2

Working
Touchscreen
WiFi
Apps
CM features
Google Now - partial

Not Working Yet
Cell/Data
Rotation

Video

BlackDownloadButtonNewReflection.png

Pre-Alpha http://www.scienceprousa.com/socaldevs/cm-10-20120808-EXPERIMENTAL-dream.zip

Install Guide http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19735858&postcount=111 thanks almostthere! use mtd 132​

Last edited:

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
ha and to think htc stopped @ donut!
this may never be "fast" or a daliy driver but who cares! this is still no less then amazing and ill have to give it a whirl this weekend! way to go! long live the dream:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Reactions: jcarrz1

SlashSpeed

Mar 24, 2009
I figured the suprise was something like this. Amazing job guys! Now let's hope it will be usable as a daily driver some day. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: jcarrz1

xanda143

May 26, 2012
No bloody way man lol I never thaught this was the surprise

Sent from my HTC Magic using xda premium

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
HTC Desire
Nexus 7
As you promoted the "big surprise" I looked at your github and saw that you were working on a JB release, but I never thought it would be possible. Congrats!

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using xda app-developers app

hrk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 4, 2008
Rome
Since it's on github, even if jcarrz takes a due vacation, somebody else can contribute (although tvall is w/o internet atm...)

Congrats and cool to have it on github. :)

steveharris87

May 13, 2012
Someone told me about this and even tho I don't have mine anymore I had to come and say well done mate I never thought I'd see this little beast have ics let alone jb. Job well done

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

AndyFox2011

Sep 20, 2011
My thoughts summed up in a single post.

No offence, I just feel like It's another "I did it first thing". Who knows, if it gets updated he could definitely prove me wrong.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Its nice to see some new life in teh G1 forum! i shall try this as soon as i can!

I hope its kept updated! :)

Good work dude, and good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a working CM10 port of Jelly Bean to the HTC G1, the first android phone!

nMKBZ.png

Remember, we are not responsible if you brick your phone. You must have proper 2708 SPL and radio. Follow the guide!

Special thanks: CyanogenMod team, Shelnutt2

Working
    Touchscreen
    WiFi
    Apps
    CM features
    Google Now - partial

Not Working Yet
    Cell/Data
    Rotation

Video

BlackDownloadButtonNewReflection.png

Pre-Alpha http://www.scienceprousa.com/socaldevs/cm-10-20120808-EXPERIMENTAL-dream.zip

Install Guide http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19735858&postcount=111 thanks almostthere! use mtd 132​
    The ROM download is up
    As someone looking to get a G1 here to play around with. I just want to say thank you for making this happen.

Why would you want to get a g1? Its the first android phone. You can only run every version of aosp android, cm, and aokp on it. There aren't many other varieties of roms besides sense, miui, blur (buried in the forums) and soon Firefox os and I think a few others. Our devs only check the forums every few hours. People like jcarrz just randomly drop pieces of awesome without any pattern telling you when it might happen. You can only find roms still supported based on recent versions of android, the older ones are just too frikin stable to be fun. Where is the fun in that?

/sarcasm

I hope people understand my sarcasm. I'm really bad at it.
    On an unrelated note, I can't find sources for this. :/
    I don't see a lot of possibility for this to be actually usable as a daily ROM. For the small number of people who actually use this as their daily phone, froyo is still the best and they know it. And yes I did do it first, but that's not why I did it. I did it for the novelty and the truth that it can be done.

Mtd 128

Jcarrz1