[SUPPORT THREAD] The Galaxy ~S5~ All in one support thread!**NOOB FRIENDLY**

Search This thread

moe67er

Jan 1, 2012
Is Screen Mirroring still working without further steps after rooting with CF Autoroot method?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
Increasing ringtone is annoying in my opinion. Will I have to root and wait for a custom rom to fix this issue?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: eyecon82

johnnyb33

Dec 6, 2013
Hey guys is there a way I can dump the full firmware off my phone and make it a tar.md5 file to flash with odin possibly helping any other users with a sm-g900i?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kernelhackx

Apr 10, 2014
Guys,

Anyone downloaded this yet? Link If yes, does it contain the kernel source file? It's a big download and I have crappy Internet, just want to kow if its worth downloading, I'm currently looking for the kernel source code for G900F. TIA!

EDIT:

Nvm, it has the kernel source. Nice! Looks like I'll be busy for awhile...

Anyways here's the source: Link

Last edited:

Assimilator69

Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
very noob questions. so I have an s5 on stock optus variant of the SM-G900I

if I want to flash to a non optus stock AU firmware to get rid of the bloat. what is the process?

do I need to root first and set up recovery? or can I just flash

just looking for a step buy step for this senario

Ricky Divjakovski

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
very noob questions. so I have an s5 on stock optus variant of the SM-G900I

if I want to flash to a non optus stock AU firmware to get rid of the bloat. what is the process?

do I need to root first and set up recovery? or can I just flash

just looking for a step buy step for this senario

2 options, either wait for me to get my S5 tommorow
or install custom recovery, root, manually debloat the rom yourself.
optionally you could flash a custom compatible with your variant..

Assimilator69

Apr 13, 2014
Melbourne
2 options, either wait for me to get my S5 tommorow
or install custom recovery, root, manually debloat the rom yourself.
optionally you could flash a custom compatible with your variant..

thanks for the options, i'm already downloading a non carrier au version from the live Samsung site but not sure what to do once I have the file
as I said very noob :D e.g. what apps I need ect...

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
thanks for the options, i'm already downloading a non carrier au version from the live Samsung site but not sure what to do once I have the file
as I said very noob :D e.g. what apps I need ect...
Look up "how to flash files with odin"!
Or just follow the same steps to flash recovery in my HOW TO S5 root thread, but instead of choosing a recovery file select the odin flashable file(tar)
or if its a custom rom, install a recovery for your device and flash via recovery :)

Reactions: Assimilator69

moe67er

Jan 1, 2012
Screen Mirroring

Anyone tried it yet to connect rooted device via screen mirroring without facing issues?

With the Note 10.1 2014 I had several issues to establish a connection with a rooted ROM.

Thanks in advance

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Anyone tried it yet to connect rooted device via screen mirroring without facing issues?

With the Note 10.1 2014 I had several issues to establish a connection with a rooted ROM.

Thanks in advance
old news mate, thats been in ALL galaxy ** devices :p
you need to patch some libs!(libWFD_ENGINE.so and libWFB_ENGINE_S5.so)

bnathan

May 27, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Does anyone know yet if you can flash different product ROM's? I have a SM-G900I and want to flash the SM-G900F ROM as it doesn't have features removed. Hardware wise they are exactly the same but will it cause an issue? will it trip knox?

Ricky Divjakovski

Feb 4, 2013
Sydney
Does anyone know yet if you can flash different product ROM's? I have a SM-G900I and want to flash the SM-G900F ROM as it doesn't have features removed. Hardware wise they are exactly the same but will it cause an issue? will it trip knox?
ive seen in a thread the two variants are similiar and other have flash roms for the G900F on the G900I.
not 100% sure though.

Faelun

Apr 12, 2014
I'm using the default samsung messaging app and when I first got the phone it used to display a badge count of how many unread texts I had, but now it doesn't? The same thing is actually happening to my facebook app as well.

I did restart my phone to factory settings (but I reinstalled all the updates it told me to) and I switched to nova launcher (free version) any thoughts on why I might be having this issue? I can't seem to find any settings that would prevent these badge counts from showing up other than perhaps the fact that in nova launcher it has a paid option to enable them?

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
My wifi icon sometimes does not show however I'm still connected to wifi. In order for me to fix the icon, I have to put the phone into airplane mode then turn off airplane mode for the icon to come back. Anyone else having this issue?

Reactions: eyecon82

kevint27

Apr 14, 2011
VERY noob question: What does bloat means?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts