FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Andro...3/hFB1pGyte7c/

See if the link works guys. Apparently the 800 will have native support for the Always Listening feature. There will be no escaping it.
However, I'm sure not all OEMs will end up implementing that feature. What do you think?
7th August 2013, 12:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Ah, I really want that feature. One of the things I miss from my 4s was going directly to siri from the screen off.

Not a huge deal breaker though.
7th August 2013, 12:19 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neswii

Ah, I really want that feature. One of the things I miss from my 4s was going directly to siri from the screen off.

There is something about your phone always listening that may make some people hesitant.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to numus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift numus Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 12:46 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 267

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by numus

There is something about your phone always listening that may make some people hesitant.

Unless you really have a lot to hide, you shouldn't be too scared of this, so long as you don't frequently yell your social security number and your credit card pin.
The Following User Says Thank You to sauprankul For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sauprankul Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 12:34 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neswii

I don't think the 4s had always listening. I'm pretty sure u have to activate Siri

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium
7th August 2013, 12:45 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi311

I don't think the 4s had always listening. I'm pretty sure u have to activate Siri

Sent from my HTCONE using xda premium

Right. It wasn't (isn't) touch less. You could, however, access Siri directly from the lock screen.
Rirere
7th August 2013, 04:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

Right. It wasn't (isn't) touch less. You could, however, access Siri directly from the lock screen.

The same is true of Google Now, though (at least if you're not using a secure lockscreen). The interesting bit for me was really the voice interaction.
7th August 2013, 12:46 AM |#8  
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,053

Donate to Me
More
1 word for all of you paranoid folk: custom kernels.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 01:42 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

1 word for all of you paranoid folk: custom kernels.

That's 2.
7th August 2013, 02:23 AM |#10  
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,053

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul

That's 2.

I meant to write phrase you troll
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CNexus Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)