HELP! APN On Dev Edition

Search This thread

markwebb

Ok, I suddenly have lost LTE data and cannot make phone calls.

I have pulled the sim card and reinserted but I keep getting a popup window asking me if I want to connect to Global and not CDMA/LTE. I change the request to LTE and make sure setting is there.

It won't connect to 4G. and keeps asking about Global.

I am rooted and ROM'd with unlocked bootloader and have even tried my trusty stock image -- no go!

All of my ROM backups have the same issue and I can't place a call.
:crying:

Yes, my bill is paid and in order.
What can I do? I doubt VZW will help me since it is a Dev Edition and I purchased through Samsung, not them.

APN settings seem to be blacked out so I cant change. It does allow me to delete it.

HELP! I need to place calls.

Last edited:

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
Ok, I suddenly have lost LTE data and cannot make phone calls.

I have pulled the sim card and reinserted but I keep getting a popup window asking me if I want to connect to Global and not CDMA/LTE. I change the request to LTE and make sure setting is there.

It won't connect to 4G. and keeps asking about Global.

I am rooted and ROM'd with unlocked bootloader and have even tried my trusty stock image -- no go!

All of my ROM backups have the same issue and I can't place a call.
:crying:

Yes, my bill is paid and in order.
What can I do? I doubt VZW will help me since it is a Dev Edition and I purchased through Samsung, not them.

APN settings seem to be blacked out so I cant change. It does allow me to delete it.

HELP! I need to place calls.

If it persists across different roms it sounds like either faulty sim or for some reason your modem or kernel is corrupted. I would re flash modem. After that try to re flash kernel. If that fails a new sim might be in order. I presume you have checked with another phone to be sure it's not a VZW problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

markwebb

I
If it persists across different roms it sounds like either faulty sim or for some reason your modem or kernel is corrupted. I would re flash modem. After that try to re flash kernel. If that fails a new sim might be in order. I presume you have checked with another phone to be sure it's not a VZW problem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I will try the modem route first and then the kernel route.

Although each ROM has a different kernel, so I don't think that is the issue.

Yes, no problem with VZW as the other half's phone is working.

Data works on LTE for Internet but can't place any calls and all received calls do not ring phone: goes into VM.

Edit: at Verizon and not SIM card. New SIM card gives me voice but no data. Says voice roaming.

Last edited:

markwebb

Ok, here is the problem after 2 new sim cards: Data is showing as "CDMA RX1TT" I cannot get data or voice now. Says voice is roaming with a triangle.

Is this a software setting or hardware setting? Something has changed on my phone, despite changing from stock to ROMS, etc.

VZW store is at a loss and though the rep was good, suggested I call top tier VZW support tomorrow and made notes in my account.

So, any clues as to what could cause this? Is my Dev phone now shot?

mhannah3333

Feb 1, 2013
If it truly is an APN issue i can post my APN from my Verizon SGS4 and you can use an app called APN backup and restore to push it to your phone or push it manually using root explore and then set permissions. Let me know.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

equake

You might have a corrupted EFS partition in which case you would need to restore a good copy of that. Some of the time its in LTE/GSM mode for whatever reason in which case you would need to change it to LTE/CDMA mode.

my 2 cents

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Skeetch79

Oct 29, 2010
West Milford, NJ
Google Pixel 5
I had a "DUH" moment when I was in a similar situation. I had forgotten that I had enabled the hidden menu on my DevS4 and changed the "band" preferences to try and force the AWS band. This took the phone off of "automatic band connecting" and I was unable to connect to data. Once I remembered what I had done, I simply when back into the menu and switched from forcing AWS band back to "automatic". Just my 2 cents.

markwebb

I had a "DUH" moment when I was in a similar situation. I had forgotten that I had enabled the hidden menu on my DevS4 and changed the "band" preferences to try and force the AWS band. This took the phone off of "automatic band connecting" and I was unable to connect to data. Once I remembered what I had done, I simply when back into the menu and switched from forcing AWS band back to "automatic". Just my 2 cents.

Hello Everyone! Sorry for the delay. Actually, this is what kinda occurred, as the 1/15 build of OctOs ROM which I flashed had an issue and it was posted on Facebook, which I didn't see until Saturday. It changed the CDMA subscription to NV and so even with stock or other ROM backup images, it carried over and didn't re-adjust. I had to reinstall that bad ROM, make some changes per OctOs instructions and BAM: all is well.

As you know on stock rooted, one cannot change certain settings and they were greyed out.

At least I got another backup sim card from VZW should I ever need to activate an older phone. :)

Thanks for everyone's help!