[ROM] tiny_ics_stage3.9 [CM7r2] (based on Sandvold/texasice Rom) (04.Feb.)

Search This thread

KuliX

Dec 22, 2010
ICE CREAM SANDWICH for CMr2 Hboot

dgbaueuc4l6.png

Important No.1
I want to say thanks to texasice from the Evervolv Team and Sandvold, that i'm free to use their work for this build, and that we can offer this in our german ics forum and host it on our own server.
And thanks to all the other devs who are involved.
All thanks are due to them!

Important No.2
I'm not a developer!
I take no responsibility!
I'm just beginning to learn!

Important No.3
If you need a full working Rom for daily use - don't use this one
If you can't help youself - don't use this one
If you think that i can fix everything for you - you already know...

Important No. 4
If you run into any trouble with this Rom, don't ask in Sandvold's thread!

Important No. 5
Thanks to bWorks (Tom from icsforum.de) for hosting all files on his server!

So, what do you get?
This is a stripped down version of Sandvolds ICS-Beta-0.3.9 with modifications in the updater script to install a couple of apps to internal memory (you can unintall them like every market app).
And some other small modifications.
It works smooth on CM7r2 Hboot.
No more, no less.

System Applications
- ApplicationsProvider.apk - LiveWallpapersPicker.apk - BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk - MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk - Bluetooth.apk - MarketUpdater.apk - Calendar.apk - MediaProvider.apk - CalendarProvider.apk - MediaUploader.apk - CertInstaller.apk - Mms.apk - ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk - NetworkLocation.apk - Contacts.apk - NoiseField.apk - ContactsProvider.apk - NovaLauncher_beta.apk - DefaultContainerService.apk - OneTimeInitializer.apk - Development.apk - PackageInstaller.apk - DownloadProvider.apk - PhaseBeam.apk - DownloadProviderUi.apk - Phone.apk - DrmProvider.apk - PicoTts.apk - EVToolbox.apk - QuickSearchBox.apk - Exchange.apk - Settings.apk - GenieWidget.apk - SettingsProvider.apk - Gmail.apk - SetupWizard.apk - GoogleBackupTransport.apk - SharedStorageBackup.apk - GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk - SoundRecorder.apk - GoogleFeedback.apk - SpeechRecorder.apk - GoogleLoginService.apk - Superuser.apk - GooglePackageVerifier.apk - SystemUI.apk - GooglePackageVerifierUpdater.apk - Talk.apk - GooglePartnerSetup.apk - TelephonyProvider.apk - GoogleServicesFramework.apk - UserDictionaryProvider.apk - GoogleTTS.apk - Vending.apk - HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk - VisualizationWallpapers.apk - HTMLViewer.apk - VoiceDialer.apk - KeyChain.apk - VoiceSearch.apk - LatinIME.apk - VpnDialogs.apk - LiveWallpapers.apk - WAPPushManager.apk

Applications on internal memory (removable)
- AndroidTerm.apk - Gallery2.apk - Browser.apk - icecreamsandwichclock.apk - Calculator.apk - Maps.apk - Camera.apk - Music2.apk - com.adobe.reader-1.apk - Music.apk - com.estrongs.android.pop.apk - MusicFX.apk - com.sand.airdroid-1.apk - org.uguess.android.sysinfo.pro-1.apk - DeskClock.apk - Torch.apk - Email.apk - VideoEditor.apk - Galaxy4.apk - YouTube.apk

This is the link to the Rom (no captcha, no wait time, no advertising)
OBSOLET

md5sum for tiny_ics_stage3.9
183f47c3b6a2dd8d819ddff061b82171 tiny_ics_stage3.9.zip

Installed launcher is Nova Launcher Beta
Thanks to kevin@TeslaCloil
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

T9-Dialer, CM9 Music-App and custom Deskclock
in this post
Thanks to thesavagedonkey

Missing Sounds for Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms can be found at the bottom of this post
Don't flash this *.zip file via recovery!
Download and unzip the file and place them on sdcard.

Video Review made by Appl_Usr can be found here:
Part 1
Part 2

Known bugs
Video recording is a bit choppy
Full hwa
Usb tethering

Attachments

• ringtones_alarms_notifications.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 956
Last edited:

KuliX

Dec 22, 2010
Changelog

tiny_ics_stage3.9
wipe recommended

Data Roaming disabled by default
modified updater script to flash a couple of apps to internal memeory (can be uninstalled like every market app)
nearly all apps are available
Much smoother
Gallery should work better
Panorama mode works for camera

tiny_ics_stage3.6
no wipe needed, if you are on stage3.3 or stage3

Latest Nova Launcher Beta13 with additional Language packs
added MIUI Camera instead of the stock one
and from the Sandvold changelog:
Smoother framework
Ad hoc wifi support
Better working MMS app (larger resolution on pics)

tiny_ics_stage3.3
no wipe necessary, when you are on stage3 right now

Latest Nova Launcher
Gmail added
Voicesearch and Voicedialer deleted (can be installed from market)
Working adb
Exchange calendar sync
Videorecorder improvements
Better working modules
Gtalk works better

tiny_ics_stage3
full wipe necessary!

USB Mass storage works
Video recording works
No reboot when homescreen is in landscape mode and pressing power button
More dictionaries for IME keyboard
lockscreen - volumebutton music control
notification toolbox - tap settings icon to switch between, long press to open settings
Browser added
Email added
Exchange added
Calculator added

tiny_ics_4.0.3_stage2
no wipe necessary if you come from stage1

Trackpad with Wake enabled (no unlock) (thanks drewis)
Talk added
Torch added
Nova Launcher update to Beta10
delete wake function from home, menu, back and search buttons

Last edited:

StillTheWatcher

Nov 23, 2011
London
Do we really need a new thread for this? Why not just make cm7r2 versions for Sandvold's build which is uses Evervolv's work too and just take credit for making it in his OP?

KuliX

Dec 22, 2010
And do you think, Sandvold or any other member will be happy when users spam his thread with questions about this build?
I don't think so....

Edit:
But thanks for your suggestion, cause it reminded me to update the OP and tell people that they don't post questions in Sandvolds thread about this rom!

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BMelz

StillTheWatcher

Nov 23, 2011
London

Important No.2
I'm not a developer!

Important No.3

You've already stated that you're not much use when it comes to fixing things, so why not just make a thread in the general discussion thread for support for your cm7r2 version? Instead of making a "new" ROM with just a different title. I think to have your own ROM you'd kind of giving yourself a little more credit than is deserved, if your changes were major then it's justified but being able to claim your own ROM purely due to removing a few apps is unfair on real Devs who have worked hard to be able to have their own ROM thread... I have read your OP but didn't agree still, but hey this is just my opinion and I have a low post count...

mclaren2

Dec 4, 2010
good idea but wayyy too many apps are missing by default. i can understand if some1 leaves out flash or google maps but browser and calculator? thaths a dealbreaker for me and i guess im not the only 1.....

KuliX

Dec 22, 2010
@ StillTheWatcher

you you can be sure that I'm not interested in fame, counts of posts or thanks or anything
Just want to share something...
No more, no less

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Jalalben

topgeardave

Aug 5, 2011
Noob question but isn't there a way to install a portion of the system onto the sd-ext like sense 3.5 ROMs?

shahmohamed

Nov 13, 2008
Its a good thing you comes out with this topic, it may give Sandvold's a little less disturbance on cm7r2 request for his rom. Any further discussions for this hboot should be discuss here. Not on the primary topic that mostly to develop the rom and for stocks hboot. Don't get distracted by negative thinkers. You already stated you only trim Sandvold rom and i think he will thanked you for your effort. You can always update Sandvold on your trimmed version so he can upload it to his site and high speed mirrors. In here we can discuss to make cm7r2 version of Sandvold rom more stable. Kudos to u!

Sent from my HTC Desire

Reactions: KuliX

KuliX

Dec 22, 2010

jshields

Apr 6, 2009
Chester
You've already stated that you're not much use when it comes to fixing things, so why not just make a thread in the general discussion thread for support for your cm7r2 version? Instead of making a "new" ROM with just a different title. I think to have your own ROM you'd kind of giving yourself a little more credit than is deserved, if your changes were major then it's justified but being able to claim your own ROM purely due to removing a few apps is unfair on real Devs who have worked hard to be able to have their own ROM thread... I have read your OP but didn't agree still, but hey this is just my opinion and I have a low post count...

Please go away if you don't like it keep it to yourself he has every right to post this here and I do see making a cm7/r2 ver because people want it and he's providing it. Thanks to everyone who contributes something. Unlike this douche :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Reactions: KuliX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

dgbaueuc4l6.png

Important No.1
    I want to say thanks to texasice from the Evervolv Team and Sandvold, that i'm free to use their work for this build, and that we can offer this in our german ics forum and host it on our own server.
    And thanks to all the other devs who are involved.
    All thanks are due to them!

Important No.2
    I'm not a developer!

Important No.3

Important No. 4
    If you run into any trouble with this Rom, don't ask in Sandvold's thread!

Important No. 5
    Thanks to bWorks (Tom from icsforum.de) for hosting all files on his server!

So, what do you get?
    This is a stripped down version of Sandvolds ICS-Beta-0.3.9 with modifications in the updater script to install a couple of apps to internal memory (you can unintall them like every market app).
    And some other small modifications.
    It works smooth on CM7r2 Hboot.
    No more, no less.

System Applications
    - ApplicationsProvider.apk - LiveWallpapersPicker.apk - BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk - MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk - Bluetooth.apk - MarketUpdater.apk - Calendar.apk - MediaProvider.apk - CalendarProvider.apk - MediaUploader.apk - CertInstaller.apk - Mms.apk - ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk - NetworkLocation.apk - Contacts.apk - NoiseField.apk - ContactsProvider.apk - NovaLauncher_beta.apk - DefaultContainerService.apk - OneTimeInitializer.apk - Development.apk - PackageInstaller.apk - DownloadProvider.apk - PhaseBeam.apk - DownloadProviderUi.apk - Phone.apk - DrmProvider.apk - PicoTts.apk - EVToolbox.apk - QuickSearchBox.apk - Exchange.apk - Settings.apk - GenieWidget.apk - SettingsProvider.apk - Gmail.apk - SetupWizard.apk - GoogleBackupTransport.apk - SharedStorageBackup.apk - GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk - SoundRecorder.apk - GoogleFeedback.apk - SpeechRecorder.apk - GoogleLoginService.apk - Superuser.apk - GooglePackageVerifier.apk - SystemUI.apk - GooglePackageVerifierUpdater.apk - Talk.apk - GooglePartnerSetup.apk - TelephonyProvider.apk - GoogleServicesFramework.apk - UserDictionaryProvider.apk - GoogleTTS.apk - Vending.apk - HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk - VisualizationWallpapers.apk - HTMLViewer.apk - VoiceDialer.apk - KeyChain.apk - VoiceSearch.apk - LatinIME.apk - VpnDialogs.apk - LiveWallpapers.apk - WAPPushManager.apk

Applications on internal memory (removable)
    - AndroidTerm.apk - Gallery2.apk - Browser.apk - icecreamsandwichclock.apk - Calculator.apk - Maps.apk - Camera.apk - Music2.apk - com.adobe.reader-1.apk - Music.apk - com.estrongs.android.pop.apk - MusicFX.apk - com.sand.airdroid-1.apk - org.uguess.android.sysinfo.pro-1.apk - DeskClock.apk - Torch.apk - Email.apk - VideoEditor.apk - Galaxy4.apk - YouTube.apk

This is the link to the Rom (no captcha, no wait time, no advertising)
    OBSOLET

md5sum for tiny_ics_stage3.9
    183f47c3b6a2dd8d819ddff061b82171 tiny_ics_stage3.9.zip

Installed launcher is Nova Launcher Beta
    Thanks to kevin@TeslaCloil
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389071

T9-Dialer, CM9 Music-App and custom Deskclock
    in this post
    Thanks to thesavagedonkey

Missing Sounds for Ringtones, Notifications and Alarms can be found at the bottom of this post
    Don't flash this *.zip file via recovery!
    Download and unzip the file and place them on sdcard.

Video Review made by Appl_Usr can be found here:
    Part 1
    Part 2

Known bugs
    Video recording is a bit choppy
    Full hwa
    Usb tethering
    Stage3.9 is available
    Gonna update OP and changelog soon

Edit:
    OP and Changelog updated.
    Please read the changelog, because the structure of updater script has changed.
    tiny-ics-stage4-rc1

Here is a link to the latest stage4 for people who like to test early versions.

tiny-ics-stage4-RC1

Some important notes
    - I will not update the OP
    - I will not update the changelog
    - I can't support this version

Why?
    - because I will stay with the aokp build from K900 for a while

And why do I release stage4?
    - because I've been asked to release it anyway
    Changelog

tiny_ics_stage3.9
    wipe recommended

Data Roaming disabled by default
    modified updater script to flash a couple of apps to internal memeory (can be uninstalled like every market app)
    nearly all apps are available
    Much smoother
    Gallery should work better
    Panorama mode works for camera

tiny_ics_stage3.6
    no wipe needed, if you are on stage3.3 or stage3

Latest Nova Launcher Beta13 with additional Language packs
    added MIUI Camera instead of the stock one
    and from the Sandvold changelog:
    Smoother framework
    Ad hoc wifi support
    Better working MMS app (larger resolution on pics)

tiny_ics_stage3.3
    no wipe necessary, when you are on stage3 right now

Latest Nova Launcher
    Gmail added
    Voicesearch and Voicedialer deleted (can be installed from market)
    Working adb
    Exchange calendar sync
    Videorecorder improvements
    Better working modules
    Gtalk works better

tiny_ics_stage3
    full wipe necessary!

USB Mass storage works
    Video recording works
    No reboot when homescreen is in landscape mode and pressing power button
    More dictionaries for IME keyboard
    lockscreen - volumebutton music control
    notification toolbox - tap settings icon to switch between, long press to open settings
    Browser added
    Email added
    Exchange added
    Calculator added

tiny_ics_4.0.3_stage2
    no wipe necessary if you come from stage1

Trackpad with Wake enabled (no unlock) (thanks drewis)
    Talk added
    Torch added
    Nova Launcher update to Beta10
    delete wake function from home, menu, back and search buttons
    hi,

since a used the rom (about a couple of days) i can say it is rock...
    i made some changes and would share if this can help someone.

I got barely app crashes... except thos know.
    So the big deal is the earn room into system so a deleted TTS (EN -DE)file not needed and replace only needed (FR)

I replace /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf which wheigh is 5.176Ko by the same but less heavy 3.639Ko (tested without problem)
    I grab it from runny rom dunno remember exactly.
    Code:
    adb push c:\fonts\DroidSansFallback.ttf /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf

I also replace camera.apk by one grabb in latest dk_zerocool b0.2.6 got only crached on landscape... it records video and take pictures quality is fine but not best (this is still a phone) :)

I paste a small tiny script call vaccum into /system/etc/init.d
    This allow the resize the DB... blablabla... google it. You earn some MB on internal if you do like me install/uninstall app to test, try etc... (credit come from anderl78)

finally while the site was dark, i visite the portal and discover a brand new CM9 music app which is working fine, this is not perfect yet but the dev is still working on it... themable

Look to his site, CM9 music app

So i just wanna say that i have no credits for this, it s all coming from communities. Thanks to all for this amazing place and sharing.

enjoy ;)