[ROM]Stock Motoblur 2.3.6 rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, optimized[xt860]CWM

Search This thread

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
This is based on the newest bell update (to 2.3.6) though this rom has been reported with "minimal" tweaking(copying a compatible libmoto_ril.so and your original build.prop is nothing for a fix) by users of models other than the xt860. As the topic says it's been rooted, deodexed, zipaliged, optimized w/xUltiimate both apps and framework OFC. I've flashed this zip to /system(non-safestrap) and /preinstall (safestrap) and had only a minor hiccup of having the setup launch twice on me once, I rebooted and wiped and the problem was gone. I left everything in the rom for complete stock, you could return the phone if you unrooted and removed the custom recovery minus the voice search which I replaced with an older version as stock was fcing, just update it with market and it will work great. You get the H/H+ symbol on the bar etc. You can debloat/whatever this before you flash with winrar, explorer, winzip, 7zip etc. I hope you find it useful. Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I take no responsibility for you bricking your phone if you flash this, know where your recovery utilities are ahead of time.

I uploaded it as stock bell as possible since we're so short on bell sbf etc but hope to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

Download it Here

Mirror Quoted Below

http://db.tt/8ugHaraJ

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Ty syaoran12 for the super sweet looking and informative installer script and matdalb for the system dumps used to create the zip.
(As well as Hashcode, Koush, everyone who's done any developement on this phone or any other droid platform ofc, the people here on and the hosts of xda)

User reported this working on xt883, trying to sort out details but it looks like flashing the radio.img from your model specific sbf package and then copying over the libmoto_ril.so and build.prop was what worked for the user here

Last edited:

verkerria

Mar 13, 2011
Im wondering what differences there are between our stock ROM (2.3.4) and Bells 2.3.6... Besides the obvious model changes

Droid 1 Rooted (ChevyNo1 0.9MV Kernel, LGB2.6)
Droid 3 Rooted (Hashcode gave me some Ice Cream)

g35mt

Jul 17, 2005
Orange County, California
Does the rom update the radio? I have a droid 3 but flash with 863 radio. Could i flash this rom with out screwing up the unlock? I am using my droid 3 on ATT right now. Love this baby. Thanks.

Willis111

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 7, 2008
Ontario
gracias senor..gonna try it out tonight.

Cool, lemme know if it works. You're gonna have to remember to push a verizon build.prop and probably libmoto_ril.so to the phone to get it fully functional, I'd start with just pushing the build.prop and see how far that gets you then the libmoto_ril if you're up but having trouble with data.

g35mt

Jul 17, 2005
Cool, lemme know if it works. You're gonna have to remember to push a verizon build.prop and probably libmoto_ril.so to the phone to get it fully functional, I'd start with just pushing the build.prop and see how far that gets you then the libmoto_ril if you're up but having trouble with data.
Alright, i got good news...man that was a pain in the arse. Took me a while and because i have a stubborn head, i was able to get it. I was able to get it to work on ATT. I know i am on bell rom but system information said otherwise. Please look at the pictures below. System show my i am on 2.3.4.

Here is how i did
1) get boot strap going
2) boot into recovery
3) factory wipe
4) install 2.3.6 rom
5) factory wipe again
6) let it boot
7) copy build(system) and libmoto (system\lib)
8) that didn't work
9) flash radio image from 863
10) boot up and repeat step 7
11) boot up fine..now got phone working with h+, etc. brow internet without wifi working. So i am accessing 3g data.

20120128_102134.jpg

20120128_101942.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

i wonder because i flash the radio image from xt863 that display the information.

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Alright, i got good news...man that was a pain in the arse. Took me a while and because i have a stubborn head, i was able to get it. I was able to get it to work on ATT. I know i am on bell rom but system information said otherwise. Please look at the pictures below. System show my i am on 2.3.4.

Here is how i did
1) get boot strap going
2) boot into recovery
3) factory wipe
4) install 2.3.6 rom
5) factory wipe again
6) let it boot
7) copy build(system) and libmoto (system\lib)
8) that didn't work
9) flash radio image from 863
10) boot up and repeat step 7
11) boot up fine..now got phone working with h+, etc. brow internet without wifi working. So i am accessing 3g data.

20120128_102134.jpg

20120128_101942.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

i wonder because i flash the radio image from xt863 that display the information.

Try doing a factory reset after pushing the build.prop and motolib. Other times I've pushed build.props I find it doesn't take effect until I do that

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

g35mt

Jul 17, 2005
After some digging, i know why. i used the build file from the 2.3.4 and that is why the information are incorrect. i check the build file and it show 2.3.4. i am going to confirm later if i change 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 in the build file. reboot the phone and i should see 2.3.6.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

g35mt

Jul 17, 2005
After some digging, i know why. i used the build file from the 2.3.4 and that is why the information are incorrect. i check the build file and it show 2.3.4. i am going to confirm later if i change 2.3.4 to 2.3.6 in the build file. reboot the phone and i should see 2.3.6.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Confirm..just as i thought. The about phone get most of the information front eh build.prop.

Reactions: Willis111

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is based on the newest bell update (to 2.3.6) though this rom has been reported with "minimal" tweaking(copying a compatible libmoto_ril.so and your original build.prop is nothing for a fix) by users of models other than the xt860. As the topic says it's been rooted, deodexed, zipaliged, optimized w/xUltiimate both apps and framework OFC. I've flashed this zip to /system(non-safestrap) and /preinstall (safestrap) and had only a minor hiccup of having the setup launch twice on me once, I rebooted and wiped and the problem was gone. I left everything in the rom for complete stock, you could return the phone if you unrooted and removed the custom recovery minus the voice search which I replaced with an older version as stock was fcing, just update it with market and it will work great. You get the H/H+ symbol on the bar etc. You can debloat/whatever this before you flash with winrar, explorer, winzip, 7zip etc. I hope you find it useful. Hope I haven't forgotten anything.

I take no responsibility for you bricking your phone if you flash this, know where your recovery utilities are ahead of time.

I uploaded it as stock bell as possible since we're so short on bell sbf etc but hope to also provide a ready to go rom base for anyone who wants it.

Download it Here

Mirror Quoted Below

http://db.tt/8ugHaraJ

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Ty syaoran12 for the super sweet looking and informative installer script and matdalb for the system dumps used to create the zip.
    (As well as Hashcode, Koush, everyone who's done any developement on this phone or any other droid platform ofc, the people here on and the hosts of xda)

User reported this working on xt883, trying to sort out details but it looks like flashing the radio.img from your model specific sbf package and then copying over the libmoto_ril.so and build.prop was what worked for the user here
    thanks i appreciate it, one thing i noticed on physical keyboard arrow keys are opposite of what they should be... hmm any ideas?

The alt key mapping and d-pad for xt860 and 862 seem to be different. I often have that problem, I just replace /system/use/keychars and /system/use/keylayout with those from a rom with the correct mapping.

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium
    For SafeStrap 3.0.5
    Bell 2.3.6 Optimized.safestrap.zip http://d-h.st/VqbX
    Size: 176.77 MB (185353482 bytes)
    Md5: e32de709655074aeadee2d9862ae24c7

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

added SD3_4800/system/etc/rootfs folder to Bell 2.3.6 Optimized.zip/system/etc/
    to make safestrap compatible
    well i look into this, and the problem is the framework-res.apk heres the fix flash this, it was the eri.xml in xml folder i flashed your tweaked bell redsox985, with the libmoto_ril.so from 905, and also flashed somemadcaaant's build prop, and i had the same problem then i flashed my framework fix and no more roaming indicator , :)
    also go edit the system version in build prop so you won't get no annoying update

http://min.us/mbiajsfH6T#1o