Ascension Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just curious why discontinued? just made me really sad

Don't fret. Give redemption a try. It's a great ICS ROM from The Collective. It's solid and has been my daily driver for quite awhile. It's still being updated.

I do thank flappjaxxx for all his efforts. I have been using his ROMs since bbmod. I can't wait to see what he does next.

RIP Ascension.

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A4.0

rasroygbiv

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
fromnerdstonoobs.com
Don't fret. Give redemption a try. It's a great ICS ROM from The Collective. It's solid and has been my daily driver for quite awhile. It's still being updated.

I do thank flappjaxxx for all his efforts. I have been using his ROMs since bbmod. I can't wait to see what he does next.

RIP Ascension.

May even have some newer projects coming up to offer some more variety to the collective lineup. Stay tuned...

Redemption/Absolution/Ascension

Pick_A_Name

May 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
um.....am i having a derp moment (well either way, DERP) or is there not a way to separate the ringtone and notification volumes.......i don't see the checkbox where i would expect it, and just a slider that says its for the volumes of both....

I know that this is old now and that the ROM is closed, but I found an app for this issue. It's called slider widget. Redemption has separate sliders as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Open again!

Threads are no open again which me Ascension will continue on!
    A few guidelines I expect everyone to follow to make sure we continue on.

1. Don't demand support for this alpha quality rom. Don't get offended if someone tells you to search for a solution.

2. Read the first and second posts completely.

3. Do not be ugly or rude in my threads. I am serious about this. I will close them down again the minute people stop being nice.

4. I don't care what feature is in what rom. I add features as I see fit or as I learn how to implement them. Don't start feature requesting the minute a release drops. I have a life outside of XDA and Android and ICS. If I drop a release that means I just got done spending many many hours working on it. Keep that in mind.

5. Have fun and enjoy Ascension!

RIP Ascension.

May even have some newer projects coming up to offer some more variety to the collective lineup. Stay tuned...

Redemption/Absolution/Ascension
    Alpha 4 is Live!

"The Dude" is Live in the form of Alpha 4 build 1 in the First Post or in the OTA!
    I dedicate this one to dude6595 for donating a spiffy Nexus One Phone (my secret favorite device)
    Thanks Dude! And thanks to everyone else who has donated or helped out in the threads and enjoy the ride everyone!
    I've had nothing but problems with the app compatibility in the market after changing the DPI. None of the fixes worked. I could clear the cache and restart all day long and still get errors. It would work maybe once or twice when first installing the rom and after a reboot it would go right back to incompatible. This left me with the problem of choosing stock dpi or changing the dpi back every few days to check for updates. Not saying anything bad about the devs they made it clear dpi change wouldn't play nice with all phones. Mine especially hated it as I've had the problem since absolution 3.5 or somewhere around there. Even with Ascension I still get the message. For those of you who are "screwed" like me and love having a different DPI I found an app that appears to work to fix the problem. https://market.android.com/details?...wyLDEsImNvbS5iaXJkYXBpLmFuZHJvaWQuZHBpcHJvIl0. LCD Density Modder Pro. I put it on my touchpad and my phone earlier this afternoon and it worked like a charm on both. No more dpi problems in the market for me. Just thought I'd share. Sadly it isn't a free app but the frustration it saves me and how easy it is makes it worth it to me.

Another problem I've had, no fault on the part of the devs, is facebook refuses to sync my contact's pictures. It's the little things in life that drive me nuts. The issue isn't just our phones a quick google reveals this is an ongoing problem with many people. So the market to the rescue again https://market.android.com/details?...0by5wcm9ncmFtLmFuZHJvaWQuc3luYy5mYWNlYm9vayJd Friends Sync will sync your FB contact's pictures. Don't even need to have the stupid FB app installed anymore! Just fyi there are quite a few sync apps that do this so you can pick which one you want. I just happened to settle on this one.

Just thought I'd share 2 solutions to irritating things I've found. Hopefully I didn't sound too salesmanish as I am not associated with either of those apps in any way shape or form other than the fact that they do what needed to be done for me.

As always thank you collective crew for the great roms, awesome availability for questions, and patience way beyond anything I could ever hope to have.

Very little

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...