[ROM][JB][CM10] Android 4.1.1 - CyanogenMod 10 Preview

Search This thread

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010

Several of you are saying you have the "same" problem, which refers back to an original message which mentions an ineffective fix attempt. So of course, you should expect to see the same problem you refer/reply back to. Can y'all be a little more specific about what you've attempted? Otherwise, we may confuse the crap out of anyone following this thread.

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
action

pershoots github just came alive with some jb merges starting to happen about 15 minutes ago, so he's working on it.
Along with the recent gains made at cm10, the next build should be very exciting and hopefully pershoot has nailed down the reboot / charge / funny screen colours at start..
I only had the weird screen once, and that was on the 0829 ( i think, can't remember exact dtae but July ) build

The 0812 version has behaved, but tbh - I've been busy on the SGS3 so haven't really used the tab 10.1 much in past 36 hrs

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
new stuff

yes the 10.1 code dropping will find it's way to helping for sure.
Regardless, we have utmost faith in pershoot, and he is busy weaving his magic as we speak at https://github.com/pershoot

pershoot pushed to jellybean at pershoot/android_frameworks_base 35 minutes ago
23d47e9 Merge "Framework: Tablet powerwidget improvements" into jellybean
80b12f8 Merge "Frameworks: tablet powerwidget management (1/2)" into jellybean
8260af8 HTCQualcommRIL: responseIccCardStatus: add subscriptionFromSource fea…
2 more commits »
and more...

I have a feeling the next few updates are going to be legendary :)
Thank goodness we have pershoot, because once the Galaxy Note 10.1 is launched, this old machine will only get less attention

jerkysh

Feb 25, 2011
Chisinau
haven't been here in a long time, i upgraded to stock 4.0.4 on my P7500 and it's nice, but i miss cyanogen :)
could someone tell me if this or cm9 has working cameras, 3G or something? it gets boring with stock rom

StarkCity

May 4, 2012
Palm Desert, Ca
www.facebook.com
haven't been here in a long time, i upgraded to stock 4.0.4 on my P7500 and it's nice, but i miss cyanogen :)
could someone tell me if this or cm9 has working cameras, 3G or something? it gets boring with stock rom

Rear camera is good.....3g.....but big things coming in a day or so. I'm using CM10 preview on multiple devices based on this port and its truly a great experience. Truth be told, there are issues from user to user, its best to read thru and see which builds are doing what to whom and why. I can tell you CM9 has currently had more work put into at this point so if you're looking for a sure thing go check that out. Just my opinion and have fun.....

Sent from my CM10 8.9

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
No SOD last night using p4-boot.zip on 0812 with tab off, interactive, oc. Last SOD that I have was during charging with tab on, wifi on, interactive, oc. I'll post last_kmsg if it happens again.

Edit: Each time after SOD and long pressing power button, the screen is distorted with many random colors for some seconds before boot animation. Booting again is fine. Sorry I cannot describe it better.

you abosolutely should not be getting any garbled colors. my advise, odin back to 3.2 (the whole tab will be wiped), then come back up, after i release the builds (tonight).

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
you abosolutely should not be getting any garbled colors. my advise, odin back to 3.2 (the whole tab will be wiped), then come back up, after i release the builds (tonight).

if you have flashed samsung ics, this will have changed your bootloader and may render you incompatible. the one from 3.2 is what you're shooting for.

PookiePrancer

Aug 9, 2010
if you have flashed samsung ics, this will have changed your bootloader and may render you incompatible. the one from 3.2 is what you're shooting for.

Don't know if you noticed, but he didn't apply your t2 patch. I was seeing the same thing he described...until t2. That patch has fixed the garbled screen, wifi shutting off, and charging SOD. I don't know what you did, and I may be saying this too soon, but I think you may have nailed the fix.

fusionjack

Sep 21, 2008
Don't know if you noticed, but he didn't apply your t2 patch. I was seeing the same thing he described...until t2. That patch has fixed the garbled screen, wifi shutting off, and charging SOD. I don't know what you did, and I may be saying this too soon, but I think you may have nailed the fix.

Yes, you are right. I didn't have a chance to try t2 patch before it was pulled out. My bootloader should still HC one. I never flashed Samsng ICS rom.

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
The t2 fix seems to have solved the SOD issue, at least the tab didn't freeze when I had it plugged into my pc at work for 1.5hours, sleeping. looking forward to your new build :)

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

ctirl

Aug 5, 2012
As far as I can see the t2 patch has resolved the SOD problem.
I've been running it for the last 12 hours and on charge for the last hour without any problems at all.

Great work Pershoot. Appreciate all the effort.

Ostrich Egg

Jan 30, 2011
Has anyone tried flashing CM10 after having installed the official ICS update? I see where Pershoot says that the new bootloader might be incompatible with these builds but I wonder if anyone has tested it?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
As far as I can see the t2 patch has resolved the SOD problem.
I've been running it for the last 12 hours and on charge for the last hour without any problems at all.

Great work Pershoot. Appreciate all the effort.

cool. will get builds out tonight/tomorrow morning and get everything for ICS uploaded in to CM shortly thereafter, while i transition to 3.1 for all tabs, and get out a stable release for CM9 with all functionality in tact (i.e. front cam), then CM10 can continue to be worked on.

Last edited:

Yezariael

Jun 24, 2012
Winterthur, Schweiz
Has anyone tried flashing CM10 after having installed the official ICS update? I see where Pershoot says that the new bootloader might be incompatible with these builds but I wonder if anyone has tested it?

Yes, me :)

You will get a rolling recovery screen and therefore can see nothing... you have to flash a different bootloader via Odin to fix this.

Localhorst86

Jul 5, 2011
Germany
Unfortunately i seem to have been too quick. My tab just SOD with the t2 fix applied. Last kmsg and uname will follow...

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Unfortunately i seem to have been too quick. My tab just SOD with the t2 fix applied. Last kmsg and uname will follow...

its ok. just flash the new build i upload tonight/tomorrow. not going to work on this further for the interim as 99% of the people are good (with most of the remaining people who had issue are resolved). it will keep me away from completing the work i have in front of me.

SOD is a tegra2 defect, and all im doing is concocting SW workarounds for it. most tabs are good, but a very very small portion are not at a given time.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOADS

I'm not going to build CM10 anymore, pershoot already published his experimental builds, you can find them (for all Galaxy Tab 10.1 models) here: Droid Basement

Google Apps

gapps-jb-20120729.zip

Mirror 01: gapps-jb-20120729.zip
    Mirror 02: gapps-jb-20120729.zip (thanks to kingofcomedy)
    Mirror 03: gapps-jb-20120729.zip

gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip

gapps-jb-20120716-signed.zip

FLASH SUPPORT

Check this guide: [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Be aware, it may cause troubles with web surfing, consider this before reporting problems.

VIDEOS

CM10 Preview JB 4.1.1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (thanks to illmatic24)

PC CONNECTION

wlaidi.jpg
    I have made a camera patch for this rom. It will only get the rear camera working. This is the first android zip I've made, but it works for me. You can get it here:

http://ganiman.com/gtab_jb_camera_update.zip

Flash with CWM or TWRP. If you try to switch to the front camera, it will cause gallery to crash and the camera app will not open anymore. Clearing data on the gallery app fixes this.
    NEW BUILDS

Wi-Fi Only (GT-P7510) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4wifi-sig.zip

md5: 09fcdc58c83c30e8ff00e756010c0ca1
    sha1: 576e14db1493118776dbdcf1ab839f916ce042f2

Wi-Fi+3G (GT-P7500) -> cm-10-20120726-UNOFFICIAL-p4-sig.zip

md5: 32fff488ffb32126bc5255e2e866da5b
    sha1: fe42a4b7cdb43536268fe06009b1add083ebcc42

Google Apps: gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip [source]

This are the last builds of CM10 from me. pershoot is (very soon) going to upload testing builds, and this builds are virtually the same thing, I think there's no need for redundancy. Besides, for several reasons, is better to get them from the source (in this case, pershoot).
    i know its off topic but any chance u have started working on 4.2 already? :) saw tat 4.2 is being pushed to AOSP. in ur opinion does our tab support 4.2?

this tab will support 4.2.

when it is integrated within CM, then it will be in all builds from that point.
    So it sounds like BT audio is the only major issue at this point, which is great. Glad the mic/video now work simultaneously.

What issues are you working on before you'll call it a public release candidate?

there will be no public RC from me, per se. CM10 is not even at RC stage (to my knowledge; but not aware of all devices under the umbrella). when ive squashed the majority of the stuff, ill put builds out for public use (on DB) for playing with (probably this week). Then upload source changes in to CM and get nightlies going for this tab for all variants (probably after the android bbq).