• Yes, I've got a misty silver Arc with cracks

Votes: 42 7.3%
  • No

Votes: 231 40.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

radheck

May 4, 2011
that´s is a huge problem , because that phone cost 500 euros , I have 2 arc without that kind of problem , one with 2 month and the other one with 3 days , but im afraid. :mad:

sidneylopsides

Oct 25, 2008
I've just read this thread, and then looked, and I do have a hairline crack in mine there, but then again I've dropped it many times, I'm quite clumsy...

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Yeah, well, last time I saw you, you'd just gotten them :p

My cracks pretty similar, you can only see it in certain light and I only spotted it because I was looking for it after reading this thread.

robiceli

May 5, 2010
Sighisoara
No cracks on my 3 months old midnight blue Arc yet and hopefully it won't ever happen.

I usually wear jeans and carry my phone in my pocket, in a soft carrying pouch which I bought and used since day 1.

Last edited:

m2kk

May 12, 2011
Tallinn
I've got a really small crack that doesn't run all the way through to the top of the housing. But still - it is there :(

sneakingimperator

Jul 4, 2011
Naples
Crack on ARC

Hello dear,
I am Italian and I have a Deutsche ARC.
I also have an Xperia Arc with a horrible crack under the sensor.
I contacted sony ericsson ITALY support via chat on the sonyericsson official site.
I explained the problem and I also linked this discussion to highlight the seriousness of the problem.
They answered me saying that they are not aware of this problem, they can not follow and read the forums, and they say that the users should bring the problem back to them, instead of talking on the forums.
And finally I was dismissed by saying that I would try to bring it to technical assistance and see what they'll say.
So I invite all those with a crack under the sensor to contact chat support and inform them, even if you have already repaired it, so that they realizing this and our terminals will repair for free.
(Sorry for the bad English)

D

Deleted member 3665957

my 3-month midnight blue arc got that hairline crack too.
dunno when, only noticed it after read that thread.

Flo95

Oct 31, 2010
Tomorrow I have it since 2 weeks and it's fine.
Midnight Blue Arc

Sent from my LT15i using XDA Premium App

norge-xda

Apr 26, 2011
Salerno
Same here, I checked my Arc after reading this topic...and the crack is there! Damn!
It's definitively a SE problem, we all have the same crack! It's impossible that we all let the arc dropping and causing exactly the same crack

l3mm

Nov 27, 2009
Leeds
Had my Arc about 2months now and I have just noticed a very small crack between the light sensor and top of screen.

I must say tho, I don't think I would have noticed it if it wasn't for this thread (dam you XDA!), but it is definitely there.

I always keep it in leather case, but I have dropped it a couple of times, most recently out of the case on a hard floor so I thought the screen would have cracked I was so clumsy but its all ok

sneakingimperator

Jul 4, 2011
Naples
Same here, I checked my Arc after reading this topic...and the crack is there! Damn!
It's definitively a SE problem, we all have the same crack! It's impossible that we all let the arc dropping and causing exactly the same crack

we have to contact the S.E. support ! I did it yesterday via chat on the Official S.E. site.

my horrible crack :(
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/dsc00148ny.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/dsc00155vt.jpg/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW THING ( A EMAIL OF SONY) :

Our Blogs Support Forum Facebook
    Hi radheck,

In regards to your inquiry about the reinforced housing for the Xperia™ arc, we have investigated the issue and we are happy to confirm this. We are using reinforced components to make the Xperia™ arc.

If you require more information, or have any other questions, please reply to us at SEAnswers.Us@Support.SonyEricsson.com, or our Twitter account at http://www.twitter.com/SEAnswers.

Best regards, Lidia Sony Ericsson Social Media Team

IF YOU LIKE , PICK THANKS
    If you have this crack and would like the front cover replaced you should contact your local support team for more info. Now days a improved front cover is being used.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The Arc S doesn't have the house cracking problem.
    Your welcome.

I must be honest, I also checked out other models and I then only found one that would interest me if I could choose a new one. And it would be the Samsung Galaxy S II... In the future maybe the Sony Xperia S. But I would wait a few months and see if it would suffer from the same problems as the Arc (s) ...

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    I've contacted SE Belgium through facebook and they told me the crack is in fact a crack in the paint and doesn't affect the phone's safety...

Mine has also been sent for repair... still waiting though. Hope it's fixed permanently..

In Belgium your phone is repaired by Dynafix, so don't count on it getting repaired for free. But still, know your rights. In Belgium you have the right to DEMAND a free and instant replacement during the first 6 months after the purchase, unless they seller can prove you caused the problem by abusing your phone.

So, if it's not repaired, you can actually demand them to give you a new phone. Ask them if they have one in stock before you tell them you have every right to get a new phone.

And get a receipt. Your 2-year warranty period RESTARTS when you get a new device.

(warranty in Belgium is pretty awesome, shame nobody knows it)
    i have exact the same problem without dropping my phone -.- .

Pictures :

sam06252WKO9.jpg

sam0626JHYZJ.jpg

sam0628II9GC.jpg

that photo is identical to the crack on mine