missed calls, phone never rings

Search This thread

yohan4ws

Oct 23, 2012
Calgary
has any of this been confirmed on other providers ? ... I have the same sometimes, but only once in a while when the phone's in deep sleep mode attributed to ICS..

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
has any of this been confirmed on other providers ? ... I have the same sometimes, but only once in a while when the phone's in deep sleep mode attributed to ICS..

Yes, there are reports of similar things happening on other providers in various regions during different periods of time. There is a similar thread with those reports at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1779654. Unfortunately both threads seem to have gone a bit cold which leads me to think that this happens in clusters during bad combinations of OS/Firmware and service. I think it is worth reviving the other thread which has more details in the posts. Side note: in my case deep sleep has been eliminated as a possible sole cause.

Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T
JB 4.1.1

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2012
missed calls

My Phone has also suffered from this problem intermittantly - In UK on 02,

My wife was complaining my phone would ring and ring and I would not answer then it would divert to VM.

My phone had no log of a missed call. - I did a couple of tests and showed that from her Galaxy SIII (02) to my SGH-i927 ...no call showed, but if rung immediately after that using a Landline (02) it rang...calling again from SIII again no call.....we put it down to the Network.

Personally I'm not too worried as it gives me a perfect excuse for not taking her calls :p

incidentflux

Dec 10, 2011
Ajman
incidentflux.blogspot.com
I've been having this problem a lot lately, with Etisalat in United Arab Emirates. Pretty sure its ROM related. People say phone was ringing, but I get nothing, no ring or vibration nothing, no number flashing. Minutes or hours later, missed call notification SMSes from provider.

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
It's ROM related indeed, I had the problem on my Glide running 4.0.4 Stock, since I changed to CM 10.1, the problem absolutely dissapeared. Also, the problem wasn't present on GB, I could almost bet that this problem only exist on ICS.

aj45690

Apr 9, 2010
Atlanta
3 different phones same issue

I too have been dealing with this problem. I thought it was my phone a few years back. New phone...same issue. Now into my third phone in 4 years and still dealing with not getting calls and texts with full signal bars. I went from a Nokia flip to an HTC windows mobile to my Captivate Glide. Several roms a new house and a few sim cards later still having the same old issue. Im convinced it's AT&T. There are a few threads on their support site covering this known issue. As bad as that issue is they are still the better service in my area. How sad is that?

genpaolo

Oct 6, 2012
The Wake Lock - PowerManager by darken SETTINGS

I'm pretty happy so far. The Wake Lock - PowerManager by darken works!

No more missed calls, and it also fixed my clock, which I think, in turn fixed my duplicate sms messages problem as well.

:highfive:

I also have your same problem: Missed calls and duplicate sms.
I installed The Wake Lock - PowerManager by darken but I don't know the the settings that I must use .
I fear it drain the battery.
Please , tell me how you use it !
Thanks

mara-

Oct 7, 2012
I also have your same problem: Missed calls and duplicate sms.
I installed The Wake Lock - PowerManager by darken but I don't know the the settings that I must use .
I fear it drain the battery.
Please , tell me how you use it !
Thanks

Choose partial wake lock. This will mean no deep sleep, and I think you will have big battery drain. Someone mentions 10% per hour, which is unacceptable for me.

My brother has this phone, and I flashed him LiteKernel 4 and situation is better. Phone always wakes, but in some occasions, there is a slight delay and that delay is two time ringing in phone earphone from which I'm calling after which Captivate starts ringing.

mauser270

Oct 20, 2012
Battery drain does not seem to bad to me with wakelock on about 5% a hour well worth having calls get through

linuxguy42

Apr 5, 2014
Just to confirm, happens to me in Poland. I've got PAC ROM based on Android 4.2.2.

I have had these problems on all the ROMs that I have used since stock ICS (4.0.4 through 4.4). I don't know how real this is, or maybe it is just my imagination. I have seen messages come in as soon as I go outside the house. Maybe the signal inside the house is the problem, though it generally seems good.

grtsarav

Mar 21, 2011
@linuxguy42 I had this problem a few weeks back...my phone is rogers but i had att baseband when i updated to stock ics here...it got fixed when i switched back to rogers modem and i tried out both latest cm11 bubor or crdroid build, it worked without a hitch....

sent from crdroid kitkat

Sheltinka

May 13, 2014
Bratislava / Nitra
It's ROM related indeed, I had the problem on my Glide running 4.0.4 Stock, since I changed to CM 10.1, the problem absolutely dissapeared. Also, the problem wasn't present on GB, I could almost bet that this problem only exist on ICS.

Nope, my network is O2 in Slovakia (not AT&T) and I'm still on Gingerbread (not ICS) and I still experience this problem once in a while.
Also on Thursday a friend called about thousand times, and I got her texts just fine but when she called, the phone didn't ring, although when I checked later, the calls were in the Log...

JohnTheHero

Apr 2, 2011
Nope, my network is O2 in Slovakia (not AT&T) and I'm still on Gingerbread (not ICS) and I still experience this problem once in a while.
Also on Thursday a friend called about thousand times, and I got her texts just fine but when she called, the phone didn't ring, although when I checked later, the calls were in the Log...

He meant modem firmware- there's are two available, from At&t and from roger. Your phone has one of those, even if your provider is O2.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts