quick question

Search This thread

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
i decided i may activate my view but sprint doesn't get coverage in this are. i was wondering if there is anyway to unlock it to work on a different carrier.

i tried searching on here and google but all it showed me was results for rooting and unlocking the bootloader both of which i have done, but i could have missed something it is almost 5am.

any help is appreciated thanks.

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
I would consider a tethering plan or rooting your phone to tether that way.

CDMA phones are simply a no go for that. The View is just too good not to keep though. Beautiful device and it works very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
I would consider a tethering plan or rooting your phone to tether that way.

CDMA phones are simply a no go for that. The View is just too good not to keep though. Beautiful device and it works very well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

oh i plan on keeping it, i have had it for a while. was just trying to see if i could get in on someone else. thanks

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
I've heard you can make it work on Clear, but if you don't have Sprint service, it's pretty unlikely you'll have Clear service.

bsweetness

Mar 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure you can get it working on Boost Mobile.

With a CDMA device, your options for moving to a device to a different carrier are basically non-existent. You're essentially limited to the carrier that sells the device and any pre-pay carriers (and sometimes small, regional carriers) that use the network of the original carrier.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Unfortunately, Boost is going to have the same issue, since they are just a prepaid brand of Sprint. You can try PagePlus, though their data rates aren't exactly the cheapest.

Reactions: bsweetness

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011
the only ones who get service in my area are us cell and Verizon, so it looks like im s**t out of luck

Antiph3d

Jan 14, 2012
Pensacola, Fl.
Yeah, if you don't get good Sprint service you count Boost Mobile out. I'm on Boost and love it. I'm on the $15 a month plan and its worked out real good for me. The speeds are acceptable and are more than enough to listen to an MLB game or watch a movie on Netflix without constant buffering. Groove ip and google voice give me an extra phone number with unlimited calling if I should ever need it.

Your best bet is to tether like someone above me has posted. Only real drawback to that is that tethering drains your battery rather quickly.

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, if you don't get good Sprint service you count Boost Mobile out. I'm on Boost and love it. I'm on the $15 a month plan and its worked out real good for me. The speeds are acceptable and are more than enough to listen to an MLB game or watch a movie on Netflix without constant buffering. Groove ip and google voice give me an extra phone number with unlimited calling if I should ever need it.

Your best bet is to tether like someone above me has posted. Only real drawback to that is that tethering drains your battery rather quickly.

How are you doing a $15/month plan? I don't see anything like that on their website.

Also, have they started allowing WiMax access yet? I remember reading something about Boost having access to the Clear network soon.

pbanj

Dec 22, 2011

tethering is not an option

Antiph3d

Jan 14, 2012
Pensacola, Fl.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately, Boost is going to have the same issue, since they are just a prepaid brand of Sprint. You can try PagePlus, though their data rates aren't exactly the cheapest.