[GAME] [2.3.3+] [FREE] Dracoo Lite

Search This thread

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
Very good work ! But what is the program that you have used for to design the background menu screen, the dracoo, etc and have you designed that and then have you imported them with scanner?

Last edited:

jmz768

Sep 17, 2008
Great game, I'm digging everything about it. Keep making levels for it on a regular basis and you'll have yourself a winner.

They Drew First Blood

Aug 27, 2011
Runs very smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate i897, JellyBean 4.2.2.

Can't wait for more level packs, thanks very much :good:

Update with levelpacks

TODAY IS BIG UPDATE DAY!! Its the day your version of "Dracoo Light" transforms into "Dracoo" and will get the option to purchase the first two levelpacks: Batmine and Jungle. We worked pretty hard to craft these two levelpacks. And we very much like the result: Well balanced levels, funny and challenging to play. Hords of enemies and minions to beat. Boss battles the like of which, the world has never seen the like of which. Hope you will have hours of fun and entertainment. Defeat the bosses (the evil bat king and the snake lord) and their minions! I bet you are dragon enought, aren't you? GO FOR IT!

Feedback is very appreciated. :laugh: :laugh:

Mike / xSheetGames

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
TODAY IS BIG UPDATE DAY!! Its the day your version of "Dracoo Light" transforms into "Dracoo" and will get the option to purchase the first two levelpacks: Batmine and Jungle. We worked pretty hard to craft these two levelpacks. And we very much like the result: Well balanced levels, funny and challenging to play. Hords of enemies and minions to beat. Boss battles the like of which, the world has never seen the like of which. Hope you will have hours of fun and entertainment. Defeat the bosses (the evil bat king and the snake lord) and their minions! I bet you are dragon enought, aren't you? GO FOR IT!

Feedback is very appreciated. :laugh: :laugh:

Mike / xSheetGames

Good ! when do you release the graphics tutorial ? :)

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
This will take a little longer. We planned to swim in money by now. But there is no pool and this non existing pool isn't filled with money either. :D :D So we cannot quit our dayjobs just yet to make these tutorials. But, eventually we will go down this road in the future. ;)

News for graphic tutorial ? :)

hey mimmog!
Honestly i would love to do that :) but right now we're fighting to make some money out of this whole game developing thing :D !making some valuable tutorials for you guys would take a lot of time!
But one thing I can of course do for you is to give you some tips on what to learn and what to practice! The truth is if you want to be good at this it takes a lot of time and patience. The most important skills are a good knowledge about design in general and the second thing is you need to learn how to draw! The bad news is it takes a lot of time, the good news these skills are not a gift they can be learned. I have been learning to draw and design stuff for about 5 years now and I still need to learn and practice a lot more ;)
However if you have that already and you want some specific knowledge about technical skills and the software I use I can give you tips on that as well ;) But if you have nailed already the basics, learning the software is a piece of cake!

Tools and Software I use:

- Pencil and Paper MOST IMPORTANT ;)

- Photoshop to paint Backgrounds and inanimate objects
- Flash to animate characters and designing elements like buttons etc...
- Illustrator for icon design or buttons or anything inanimate that comes in a vector style

- Graphic tablet a small bamboo should be fine if you start out! If you wanna go full pro you can get a Wacom Cintiq but they are very expensive ;)

That's a lot right?? If you don't have time to learn all of this i would recommend to learn a little of design principles and drawing and when it comes to software stick with Flash. If you don't need a painterly look then you're fine. You can use flash for backgrounds, buttons, characters, animation etc. only that it has that flat cell shaded look but that's fine and very appropriate for most games!

but i can help you more if you have a specific problem ;)

cheers, sebastian
xSheetGames

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
hey mimmog!
Honestly i would love to do that :) but right now we're fighting to make some money out of this whole game developing thing :D !making some valuable tutorials for you guys would take a lot of time!
But one thing I can of course do for you is to give you some tips on what to learn and what to practice! The truth is if you want to be good at this it takes a lot of time and patience. The most important skills are a good knowledge about design in general and the second thing is you need to learn how to draw! The bad news is it takes a lot of time, the good news these skills are not a gift they can be learned. I have been learning to draw and design stuff for about 5 years now and I still need to learn and practice a lot more ;)
However if you have that already and you want some specific knowledge about technical skills and the software I use I can give you tips on that as well ;) But if you have nailed already the basics, learning the software is a piece of cake!

Tools and Software I use:

- Pencil and Paper MOST IMPORTANT ;)

- Photoshop to paint Backgrounds and inanimate objects
- Flash to animate characters and designing elements like buttons etc...
- Illustrator for icon design or buttons or anything inanimate that comes in a vector style

- Graphic tablet a small bamboo should be fine if you start out! If you wanna go full pro you can get a Wacom Cintiq but they are very expensive ;)

That's a lot right?? If you don't have time to learn all of this i would recommend to learn a little of design principles and drawing and when it comes to software stick with Flash. If you don't need a painterly look then you're fine. You can use flash for backgrounds, buttons, characters, animation etc. only that it has that flat cell shaded look but that's fine and very appropriate for most games!

but i can help you more if you have a specific problem ;)

cheers, sebastian
xSheetGames
Hello !! Can you tell me from PENCILE AND PAPER to FINAL IMAGE for your dragon what are the steps ? you designs on paper and then? And How do you as the black outline of each object? Thanks !!!!

thanks daniel ;) I appreciate it!

here we go mimmog ;) my usual approach is if I want to design a character lets say a Rabbit for example. I don't know anything about them so I get pictures of real rabbits and do some drawing studies where I try to draw them realistically. Once I kind of get an understanding of what makes a rabbit look like a rabbit I can start to caricature them. Exaggerate different parts and so on. Also do some research on what artist you like and analyse what it is you like about them :)

At this first phase you don't care about making a beautiful drawing you just throw out a bunch of ugly sketches just to get different ideas and see if they could work or not. Play with different sizes and shapes. Very important is to create a nice silhouette, means if you would color everything black would it still read visually??
Once you are kind of happy with a design or at least an idea you could work on, get some transparent tracing paper and refine your drawing by drawing on top of it. Don't rush it, it will take some time! Iterate that process a couple of times with a bunch of drawing you like.

After that you scan the drawing you like and create your character in flash. It really depends on the style your going for if you want to use outlines or not. Having outlines is in some cases a bit problematic for animation.
On Dracoo I did it this way, I scanned the drawing, brought it into flash and then used a pressure sensitive brush to draw the outlines and get varied line thickness. Then i colored the drawing. You need to think of the different parts you want to animate and create symbols for them, so you can animate them individually. Picking the right colors in flash sucks, because its a lot work to change. What you can do is to export the colored flash vector file or just the outlines and bring it into Illustrator, there you have some handy tools to change the colors very fast. Once you're happy just export a png or something and bring it back into flash to colorpick the colors :D

I would recommend if you take it seriously read "Creating Characters with personality" by Tom Bancroft. Best book on character design there is :).
For animation basics get the book of Preston Blair and also "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams.
For the more technical stuff there's a book that's called "How to cheat in Flash" by Chris Georgenes, it's pretty good.
There are also a bunch of video tutorials about flash on cartoonsmart.com they are boring to watch but get the information across and the best one on flash animation,
is on lynda.com http://www.lynda.com/Flash-CS5-tutorials/character-animation/69088-2.html

I hope that helps a little :)

cheers, Sebastian

mimmog

Nov 5, 2007
thanks daniel ;) I appreciate it!

here we go mimmog ;) my usual approach is if I want to design a character lets say a Rabbit for example. I don't know anything about them so I get pictures of real rabbits and do some drawing studies where I try to draw them realistically. Once I kind of get an understanding of what makes a rabbit look like a rabbit I can start to caricature them. Exaggerate different parts and so on. Also do some research on what artist you like and analyse what it is you like about them :)

At this first phase you don't care about making a beautiful drawing you just throw out a bunch of ugly sketches just to get different ideas and see if they could work or not. Play with different sizes and shapes. Very important is to create a nice silhouette, means if you would color everything black would it still read visually??
Once you are kind of happy with a design or at least an idea you could work on, get some transparent tracing paper and refine your drawing by drawing on top of it. Don't rush it, it will take some time! Iterate that process a couple of times with a bunch of drawing you like.

After that you scan the drawing you like and create your character in flash. It really depends on the style your going for if you want to use outlines or not. Having outlines is in some cases a bit problematic for animation.
On Dracoo I did it this way, I scanned the drawing, brought it into flash and then used a pressure sensitive brush to draw the outlines and get varied line thickness. Then i colored the drawing. You need to think of the different parts you want to animate and create symbols for them, so you can animate them individually. Picking the right colors in flash sucks, because its a lot work to change. What you can do is to export the colored flash vector file or just the outlines and bring it into Illustrator, there you have some handy tools to change the colors very fast. Once you're happy just export a png or something and bring it back into flash to colorpick the colors :D

I would recommend if you take it seriously read "Creating Characters with personality" by Tom Bancroft. Best book on character design there is :).
For animation basics get the book of Preston Blair and also "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams.
For the more technical stuff there's a book that's called "How to cheat in Flash" by Chris Georgenes, it's pretty good.
There are also a bunch of video tutorials about flash on cartoonsmart.com they are boring to watch but get the information across and the best one on flash animation,
is on lynda.com http://www.lynda.com/Flash-CS5-tutorials/character-animation/69088-2.html

I hope that helps a little :)

cheers, Sebastian
Hi Sebastian ! thank you for your advice! :) Can I ask you what have you use for game levels creation ? They are in json format ? do you know RUBE ? Thank you !

ozi9891

Jan 24, 2014
Game looks nice and finished.
However one thing bothers me - constant speed - it feels really rigid.
Slowing down and speeding up might give more flavour to the game. What do you think?
Slow motion is great effect for showing how obstacle destroys into particles.
Regards,
Andrew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. After playing video games for almost 20 years now, we (a frind of mine and me) finally decided to create one by ourselves. We released the first version on google play store these days...

I hope everybody has a great time and a lot of fun with this game. For questions to technical details and other stuff i am available, of course, in this thread, or you can drop me a mail

Fly the dragon named Dracoo through the lovely 2d scenery in this casual game. Roast as many enemies as possible with your fiery breath. But watch out, they will try to harm you.

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-48-01.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-54-09.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-59-15.png

phoca_thumb_l_screenshot_2013-03-01-11-51-03.png

Steer Dracoo past all obstacles, stay clear of bats and other shady creatures and eat as many chilis as possible for your breath.

I've done a little level-editor too, to take away the pain of creating levels. If you like, you can try to create some nice levels and then send them to me Maybe, if you have some funny ideas, it will make its way to the full version of the game: http://dracoo-leveleditor.xsheetgames.com

Google Play Store Link

AndroidPit Link

QR-Code.png

I would love to get some feedback! Please tell me what you think.
    We will release the full version with 45 Levels and 3 Levelpacks on March 31th.

Greetings Mike
    xSheetGames
    Looks pretty fun! I'll check it out :)

Sent From Xperia Tablet S
    Looks pretty fun! I'll check it out :)

Thank you very much. I hope everything will run smoothly. I once tried it on a xperia tablet s and encountered some problems. Please let me know if the latest performance updates helped. I would love to read your feedback on the overall user experience. There is still some time left for us to include the customers voice in the full version.
    Thank you very much. I hope everything will run smoothly. I once tried it on a xperia tablet s and encountered some problems. Please let me know if the latest performance updates helped. I would love to read your feedback on the overall user experience. There is still some time left for us to include the customers voice in the full version.

The game runs really smooth with no problems so far for me. Its really challenging but that might be because im so bad at games xD cute graphics as well :) may I suggest different 'types' of dragons or fireballs in the future?

Maybe have a selection of 'easy', 'normal', and 'hard' levels? :cowboy: