Need help with mounting SD card of Nandroid update!

Search This thread

GRRjayyy

Feb 22, 2014
London
Hi there,

I rooted my phone today and installed CWM.
I then wanted to perform a nandroid back up, factory reset, then install a custom ROM.
However i've been having a problem that's been driving me crazy for the last couple of hours :(

When i try to backup with CWM to my external SD card it says
>Can't mount backup path.
So i go to mounts and storage, try to mount external_sd and it says
>Error mounting /external_sd!
And even when i try to format it it says the same thing!

What can i do? i completely formatted my SD card and it still won't work.

Also another question. It will back up to my internal SD, but then if i do a factory reset, will it not erase EVERYTHING on the internal storage, thus erasing my back up??? NEED HELP BEFORE I GO MAD!

If anyone has had this or seen this before i'd really appreciate some help! I'm running on a galaxy S3 which is such a common phone i'm surprised i've got any problems. The sd card is a sandisk 64gb.

hopefully someone can give me a hand!

thanks!

GRRjayyy

Feb 22, 2014
London
Hi there,

I rooted my phone today and installed CWM.
I then wanted to perform a nandroid back up, factory reset, then install a custom ROM.
However i've been having a problem that's been driving me crazy for the last couple of hours :(

When i try to backup with CWM to my external SD card it says
>Can't mount backup path.
So i go to mounts and storage, try to mount external_sd and it says
>Error mounting /external_sd!
And even when i try to format it it says the same thing!

What can i do? i completely formatted my SD card and it still won't work.

Also another question. It will back up to my internal SD, but then if i do a factory reset, will it not erase EVERYTHING on the internal storage, thus erasing my back up??? NEED HELP BEFORE I GO MAD!

If anyone has had this or seen this before i'd really appreciate some help! I'm running on a galaxy S3 which is such a common phone i'm surprised i've got any problems. The sd card is a sandisk 64gb.

hopefully someone can give me a hand!

thanks!

Just updating this. now my computer wont recognize my sd when i plug it in. However my phone will. and my computer will find it through my phone. ??