[Q]What is the Best Way to Root Note SGH-i717??

Search This thread

zeus1911

Jun 8, 2014
Hello, I was just wondering the best way to root the AT&T Samsung Note SGH-I717. I have looked up many ways but every time I scroll down to the comments I read everyone is having problems. I would just like the best and most proven way to root the phone. I use the phone with straight talk, it is an unlocked att phone, will rooting the phone affect anything with Straight Talk? I am new to rooting so please be detailed and give me links to get everything I need. Thank You so much.

captemo

Jan 13, 2012
Kentucky
Hello, I was just wondering the best way to root the AT&T Samsung Note SGH-I717. I have looked up many ways but every time I scroll down to the comments I read everyone is having problems. I would just like the best and most proven way to root the phone. I use the phone with straight talk, it is an unlocked att phone, will rooting the phone affect anything with Straight Talk? I am new to rooting so please be detailed and give me links to get everything I need. Thank You so much.

so here is the deal, here are 2 methods with very subtle differences. you didn't say what your phone was running now, so here are my suggestions.......

READ, READ, READ

I know you are new here, and I was once too. I went through all of this and was very nervous about the process. (no real reason to be)

I spent a good 2 weeks reading so I would feel confident about what I was doing. I would read through these and figure which is better for you or which you feel more confident in using. they would both work fine depending on your situation or what you phone is running. because these threads are older, you may run into an issue as to where the download files are not active anymore. that is where a recent Google search could come into play. you say you have read the comments for different methods have had negative results. problem is you don't know whether that person followed the directions correctly or whether they were just in a hurry and missed something.

that's why I posted both these threads. compare to what you have read. I have a habit of going to the back of the threads and read forward. this tells me what the most recent problems may have been and if there is a solution. though the files may or may not be active, you can always get the file. its the PROCESS which is correct. compare them.

as I said........... READ, READ, READ

it puts you in the situation to help yourself first

take your time, do as the process suggests. I even rehearsed it several times. due to my lack of experience, I wanted to be as prepared as possible in case something went wrong.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1504218

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1518962

both of these threads are from very reputable members of the community. as all threads will suggest......they are NOT responsible for what you do. make sure you are ready. watch Youtube tutorals, compare processes, have your files loaded and where you have easy access, read and rehearse.

take your time

whatever you need to do to feel confident. if something goes wrong....KNOW what you are going to do next. if you don't know where you went wrong in process or deviated from it, then others cant help.

good luck and I hope I have helped

edit.......

just saw this...this is at the back of Da G 's thread. suggested by AGOATTAMER. he is the man when it comes to having old links to process. this IS the one I used, that I couldn't find.
http://rootgalaxynote.com/galaxy-no...y-note-sgh-i717-icsgingerbreadeasiest-method/

Last edited:

zeus1911

Jun 8, 2014
Thanl You Very Much. I am running 4.1.2 jelllybean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Free mobile app