Simple finger friendly SMS app...missing...

Search This thread

atmt

Nov 20, 2008
Hello All,
I've been searching for such an app for quite a long time and can't find it. It's amazing that I can find almost everything for your windows mobile platform but the simple finger-friendly application is missing (I have Samsung Omnia). I don't like threaded messages, it's just annoying so Vito SMS-Chat or Extreme Text are not good for me.
I need a program working in a few simple steps...
- view inbox on startup with a possibility of replay
- choose New message and input the text with big on-screen keyboard
- choose recepients (one or few, from the contact list)
- SEND.
That's it... I don't believe it's so hard to do such a software so please tell me why the hell nobody can do this!

66mustang

Feb 9, 2008
Northampton
I've achieved this by using HTC Home, I click on the number of messages and I get my inbox. If I want to create a new message I've mapped a button to launch a blank message. I use HTC's Phone Pad as my input keyboard - it takes up a lot of real estate on the screen, but you can text very quickly with it.

None of these came out of the box with my O2 XDA Stellar, it took a few months of trial and error and searching for apps to find the ideal solution (for me).

Let me know if you want to see some screen grabs - I'll have to download some screen grab software...