[WIP] Official CM7 for the LEO! no ETA right now

Search This thread

cobhc

Nov 20, 2009
Nottingham
Great news! Hope to see a full working CM7 soon. Hopefully this will sort out the performance issues I was having with MDJ's port!

charnsingh_online

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2009
Amritsar
Latest reports -

Problems.
1. The screen doesn't even turn off all the way, just goes black. (should be fixed used hd2 sensor code)

2 the pull down bar is white (like the first GB ROM's). - fixed

3. The ROM has zero signal or data, doesn't pick up and at all. - Didnt look into that yet, most probably due to ril , easy fix

4. You see a white screen when moving through any windows (like the first GB ROM's). - fixed

5. It said my 1024 leo has 481mb free left like it's a EU leo. - kernel related, will make vendor for both

6. wifi - should be fixed

Some of the above and the update.zip errors to be fixed

should be fixed - not tested but i worked on them and hope they are fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: method2madness

charnsingh_online

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2009
Amritsar
I dont have an HD2 to work on and i dont know how nand build functions and have learnt a lot over the last days, what i am working on right now is fixing the broken stuff. The build i am doing is compiled from source rather than ported and right now i am trying to get a fully working build and will move onto integrating HD2 into cm-kernel after that so it gets all the features and everything along with n1, desire , incredible, and evo as they all progress together, same hardware and i want hd2 on that list. I would really appreciate if the hd2 devs would chime in and help rather than seeing no positives

Also i am not using mdj kernel but seeing hd2 nand flashes stuff differently than other devices, so we are just swapping the system folder from my rom with mdj so mdj kernel is being used

Last edited:

miller710

May 31, 2010
Pelham, NH
I dont have an HD2 to work on and i dont know how nand build functions and have learnt a lot over the last days, what i am working on right now is fixing the broken stuff. The build i am doing is compiled from source rather than ported and right now i am trying to get a fully working build and will move onto integrating HD2 into cm-kernel after that so it gets all the features and everything along with n1, desire , incredible, and evo as they all progress together, same hardware and i want hd2 on that list. I would really appreciate if the hd2 devs would chime in and help rather than seeing no positives

Also i am not using mdj kernel but seeing hd2 nand flashes stuff differently than other devices, so we are just swapping the system folder from my rom with mdj so mdj kernel is being used

This makes me happy to hear. Will this have a working wifi hotspot? If you need help from an hd2 developer, I suggest you get ahold f MDJ. He did good work porting CM7 so he might be able to help you build it from scratch.

Elmo108

Nov 6, 2010
thank you for you effort. im really excited to see the HD2 becoming an official CM-Port. :)

karendar

Aug 9, 2010
Montreal
You know, reading this thread makes me glad I got rid of my Xperia X10 to buy an HD2... ;) Imagine, a Windows Mobile phone which can run 6 OS's and will be officially supported by an Android dev community.

Congrats to all devs! You guys made this device the best phone of the decade!

imfloflo

Oh alright, my bad. It was written that GPS worked but not fix. The diem files fixed the GPS issues for most. thanks for the hard work to both of you.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Maybe it's the europe settings which aren't good, i read something about this on thread must investigate it tomorrow morning. thanks for the tip

dlsniper

Feb 5, 2010
Maybe it's the europe settings which aren't good, i read something about this on thread must investigate it tomorrow morning. thanks for the tip

I might have something to share with
I've had no signal lock with stock MDJ even if outside for 20 mins with GPS Status (app from Market) trying to get a fix of location. After editing /system/etc/gps.conf and changing sever to 1.ro.pool.ntp.org (ro it's for my country, search with google for the NTP servers from pool.ntp.org in order to get the list of available servers in your country) I've got the first fix in like 3 mins or so then for fixes within half an hour from last fix it was locking in under 10 seconds.

Since the GPS won't fix from inside my room with phone stick to the window but in WinMo 6.5 it was working like that I suspect that there might be some problems with GPS initialization or something but I'm not a developer so I can't speak for sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its down to video, wifi(done testing needed) and gps(tested working, no fix though) now. Video should be easy so its pretty much done now, 1 or 2 days moar
    I can't believe we still have to explain the benefits of open source development, but here goes:

Having official support by CM is beneficial because all of the code is public. Imagine if every chef and developer who is currently cooking for the HD2 could contribute their code and fixes to a single build. That build would work the best, because everybody would have full access to the code and the ability to test and make changes to it. The final product will help all other chefs when making their own variations. CM merely takes open source android code and builds upon it with performance tweaks, UI improvements, and other types of innovations.

That is not to say that MDeeJay's work has gone to waste. His work cooking a CM7 rom has helped charansingh to develop several fixes in his own development of CM7. Furthermore, his kernel is currently being used as a known working kernel while all of the other problems are ironed out. If anything, MDeeJay could be a major player in contributing to the official CM7 due to his particular experience in the matter. In the end, everybody's contributions will result in a product that will benefit us all.

I highly believe that MDeeJay will continue to cook roms for us all, and you will always have the option to use his versions or an official CM7 version.
    MDJ kernel is gone (it didnt have wifi working) Now i am working with a highly modified kernel by raiderx303, Just fixed wifi on it and now i am trying to incorporate the New DSP drivers that will help getting 720p on smoothly when its done for other devices.

Its really a shame that mdj having the knowledge and everything didnt even care to respond, He was active on forums, Anyway I dont care about that, Also nothing was taken for mdj rom ( his rom was compiled and not a source) except kernel in starting which helped boot so that errors could be fixed

For Now we have a 100% working CM7 from source, Ill post the rom after few optimizations in kernel and some cleanup
    ok still having issue with this gps.