[APP][4.2+] Latest Sony Music 9.4.8.A.0.13 {Updated 9 March 2021}

Search This thread
Sep 29, 2020
This used to be the best player without a doubt but with the recent changes to the id3 tags is definitely just another one of the bunch.

Please, I am looking for a replacement music app, one that handles lyrics, automatic tagging and a decent interface like this used to, paid or non paid doesn't matter.

Looking for recommendations!

OsGhaly

Jan 26, 2014
Cairo
This used to be the best player without a doubt but with the recent changes to the id3 tags is definitely just another one of the bunch.

Please, I am looking for a replacement music app, one that handles lyrics, automatic tagging and a decent interface like this used to, paid or non paid doesn't matter.

Looking for recommendations!
PowerAmp with Musixmatch plugin for lyrics

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Naresh Rawat

May 13, 2015
Jamnagar
@Ben Ling@Zera01@KevinSkyWalker

Hey,
Can anyone of you guys make a universion mod of the latest Xperia Music APK version 9.4.7.A.0.6 that's released almost two weeks ago? Been expecting the new version to be modded universally by this time around, from anyone of you, but nothing yet, so tagging

And for anyone trying to run this app on Android10, earlier I was not able to run this app since my Android One Phones including Mi A3, Infinix Note 5 & Motorola One Power been updated to android 10, appx for last 8 months, but now I've got a workaround here in this OP, written by some user here I read earlier, & currently, this app v9.4.7.A.0.0 running smoothly on all of those mentioned devices without my issue running on the top of STOCK ANdroid 10.

so here I'm briefly mentioning the steps

1. Uninstall any existing /earlier versions of this music player app first & reboot your phone once. If you don't have any earlier version installed in your phone, proceed from step 2.

2. This is important
if you're keeping all the music files/songs/tracks in your external (MICRO SDCARD) memory, then move all of those music files/songs/tracks in your internal (PHONE) memory, otherwise, music player would crash after 20 seconds of playback if your music files are in external (MICRO SDCARD) memory.

3. Install the Music 9.4.1.A.1.1 (Sep 2018) version APK first, search this OP by the version number & you'll get the APK released by Ben Ling back in 2018.

4. Test this Music 9.4.1.A.1.1 (Sep 2018) version after installation, if you ain't having any issue like crash & playback is normal, then proceed only. Usually listen to 2/3 tracks randomly. At least that's what I did.
P.S: If you face any issue related to the missing AlbumArt /Cover in this version. Ignore. That'd be fixed in updated version when you'll install.

5. If you ain't facing any playback related issue on v9.4.1.A.1.1 (except album art/cover picture missing issue) then install the latest version v9.4.7.A.0.0 (again search on this OP via the version number & you'll get), that should fix the missing album art version as well.

So, that's it. If this method works for you, enjoy.

Some Clarification:
1. I ain't any DEV or MOD, so can't really comment about any tech glitch or issue.
2. I just shared my exp[erience here about how to get this thing works in phones running on (STOCK) android 10 to help other folks who've tried to get this thing works (like me for last 8 months) & still trying to figure. Many of these may have been already told/shared by others users as well here before here.
3. I don't use any other SKINNED (MIUI, ColorOS etc) android phones like Redmi, POCO< RealMe etc, I only pure stock android phones with android one programmed, so can't say or comment anything about those phones & OS. I don't use any CUSTOM ROM either, so can't say or comment anything on that too.
It worked for me on my ROG Phone 2 with stock Android 10. Ty?

Reactions: rKsREDMI1s

Qvlayndar01

May 21, 2017

SM-03

Mar 18, 2015
Realme GT 2 Pro
Try this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EL5hUW4XO5x4WjH3JS91jWWlUYm8c1di/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Download here. Its universal version. Works great for Android 10

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EL5hUW4XO5x4WjH3JS91jWWlUYm8c1di/view?usp=drivesdk
Downloaded the APK from the second link provided here & tried installing on mMi A3 non-rooted running on stock Android 10 over the top of already installed & in prefectly running condition Music v9.4.7.A.0.0, & the result is this
"App not Installed"

https%3A%2F%2Fdl.xda-cdn.com%2F5%2F1%2F1%2F3%2F5%2F1%2F9%2F0.png%3Fkey%3DiOzYC9tpYA8dRzPx3vQJ1g%26ts%3D1602418439

Same for this one as well.

Last edited:

Qvlayndar01

May 21, 2017
Downloaded the APK from the second link provided here & tried installing on mMi A3 non-rooted running on stock Android 10 over the top of already installed & in prefectly running condition Music v9.4.7.A.0.0, & the result is this
"App not Installed"

Same for this one as well.
Do you have any sony music installed before? Like previous version? If yes, try to uninstall then you can install this one. I'm on Pixel Experience Android 10 and works great. If no, then I dunno

SM-03

Mar 18, 2015
Realme GT 2 Pro
Do you have any sony music installed before? Like previous version? If yes, try to uninstall then you can install this one. I'm on Pixel Experience Android 10 and works great. If no, then I dunno

ok, let me try after uninstalling the earlier version. Will Revert & update here.

EDIT: UPDATE

I uninstalled the earlier installed music version 9.4.7.A.0.0 & installed both of your APKs of v9.4.7.A.0.6 one by one

Result: Both installed successfully this time around. But the

'SonyMusic-9.4.7.A.0.6.apk' from this link you shared has the following issues.
-Same issues like crashing at 19/20 secs of playback time
-Another issue is missing all the AlbumArt covers in music(mp3) files

So this version is faulty.

Then, I uninstalled that 'SonyMusic-9.4.7.A.0.6.apk' & now this time installed the 'Musik - v9.4.7.A.0.6 AP.apk' from this link you shared

Result: It's working perfectly fine without any playback crash at 19/20 seconds & no albumArt missing.

End Note: I found that this Musik - v9.4.7.A.0.6 AP.apk is quite stable in Mi A3 running on stock android 10 with September 2020 update.

Requesting to take a note, & correct/make the necessary changes in your modding technique from my founding & results & keep making such universal sony music player mod for the future versions as well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Arial_bold

Aug 26, 2020
Just tried the above method and link on Samsung s10 with android 10 and it still crashes after 20 seconds with music stored on a SD card. It will only work correctly if music is on internal storage. Someone please fix this glitch with expandable storage.

SM-03

Mar 18, 2015
Realme GT 2 Pro
[/COLOR]
Just tried the above method and link on Samsung s10 with android 10 and it still crashes after 20 seconds with music stored on a SD card. It will only work correctly if music is on internal storage. Someone please fix this glitch with expandable storage.

Yes, as I wrote here earlier, in order to use this music app in Android 10, music files should have been stored in internal phone memory, otherwise, it'd crash if stored in external sd card

Although, this bug is not here in Android 9 pie & earlier versions of Android.

mailqub

Dec 20, 2008
North Linconshire
Still not working properly on some devices, app closes itself after playing 20sec mus

Stable version??
Bug fixes and performance enhancements ???
Still not working properly on some devices, app closes itself after playing 20sec music ??

How can u call this stable version?
Why do u tell us bug fixes ... If this app si closing in 20 second with no particular reasons on some services.
Are u doing something about it.?
Are u investigate this?
Or is anyone here who can do that?

Top Liked Posts