{guide}[how to] porting guide for aosp [how to]{guide}

Search This thread

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
Hi I am getting this phone. INO Mobile a camera less Android ICS phone.

http://www.inomobile.com.sg/ino-one-non-camera-phone/

GENERAL 2G Network GSM 900/1800
3.5G Network WCDMA 2100
- HSDPA up to 7.2Mbps
- HSUPA up to 5.76Mbps
Active Dual Sim SIM1: 3G/GSM
SIM2: GSM Only
BODY Dimensions 124 x 64 x 10.95
Weight 150g
DISPLAY Type Capacity touchscreen, multi-touch,16M colors
Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~ 233 ppi pixel density)
MEMORY Card slot MicroSD (TransFlash) up to 32GB
Internal 750MB (internal storage)+
2GB (internal USB storage), 512MB RAM
FEATURES OS Android OS, v4.0.3
Chipset MT6575
CPU 1 GHz Cortex A9
GPU PowerVR SGX531
OTHERS Dedicated GPS (-165dBm),
Bluetooth 3.0,
WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n,
FM Radio & Recording
SAR – 0.387 W/kg
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-ion 1450mAh
Standby Time up to 200 hours
Talk Time up to 8 hours

Is it possible to port a new version say Android 4.1.2 on it? Since I am a newbie, I plan to aim for the shortest simplest route!!

Thank you in advance.

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
Hi I am getting this phone. INO Mobile a camera less Android ICS phone.

http://www.inomobile.com.sg/ino-one-non-camera-phone/

GENERAL 2G Network GSM 900/1800
3.5G Network WCDMA 2100
- HSDPA up to 7.2Mbps
- HSUPA up to 5.76Mbps
Active Dual Sim SIM1: 3G/GSM
SIM2: GSM Only
BODY Dimensions 124 x 64 x 10.95
Weight 150g
DISPLAY Type Capacity touchscreen, multi-touch,16M colors
Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches (~ 233 ppi pixel density)
MEMORY Card slot MicroSD (TransFlash) up to 32GB
Internal 750MB (internal storage)+
2GB (internal USB storage), 512MB RAM
FEATURES OS Android OS, v4.0.3
Chipset MT6575
CPU 1 GHz Cortex A9
GPU PowerVR SGX531
OTHERS Dedicated GPS (-165dBm),
Bluetooth 3.0,
WIFI 802.11 a/b/g/n,
FM Radio & Recording
SAR – 0.387 W/kg
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-ion 1450mAh
Standby Time up to 200 hours
Talk Time up to 8 hours

Is it possible to port a new version say Android 4.1.2 on it? Since I am a newbie, I plan to aim for the shortest simplest route!!

Thank you in advance.

Anything is possible. Easy is another story, not to mention relative to your skill set/level.

Most ROMs are ported to the Glacier from devices with similar hardware. We replace a few files/folders, add or remove a tweak here and there, edit some files, change the boot.img and voila. If you can find a device with the same SoC or at least a similar one, porting MIGHT be easy. Good luck

Ordered my Nexus 4 on the 13th. Still waiting.

saranhai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2011
Nowhere

wealthy23

Oct 5, 2011
Wow thanks a lot not sure where to find the camera apk but I will search if I can't find anything I will ask but thanks again

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

estallings15

Apr 22, 2011
You used the files and boot.img from the Galcier CM7.2?

Ordered my Nexus 4 on the 13th. Still waiting.

Synthetic.Nightmare

Mar 29, 2011
Try switching out the camerahal (system/lib/hw/camera.msm7x30.so)

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

Synthetic.Nightmare

Mar 29, 2011
The file I see in that directory is gralloc.msm7x30.so

In my cm7 base

I don't see it say camera in front

Oh right duh. Forget what I said; camera in GB works differently. Heh haven't messed with gingerbread in a long time.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would say I’m pretty good at porting AOSP roms, can do them before my cig is half way done.
    Well this guide will help out with a good amount of it, ill try to cover much as I possibly can. Ill post links to the needed programs.

android kitchen: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633246

notepad++ http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v5.9.8.html

Step 1. Well find the rom you want to port over,duh.

Step 2. Make sure you have the android kitchen and notepad++, on your computer an setup correctly.

Step 3. Put the rom your porting in the original update folder(ya know the one for the kitchen….)

Step 4. Setup a working folder, itll ask you the change the updater-script DON’T DO ANYTHING DO IT, leave it how it is!

Step 5. Find another base rom for your phone, preferably cm7, do the same thing your did to your port. Fyi: hope you labeled each working folder. an dont delete the working folder you just created,select yes to move it

Step 6. Copy the boot.img from the cm7 rom over to your port.

Step 7. Find the build.prop in your port. Right click on it, select “edit with notepad++”

Here’s where you need to read everything as I put it, if you mess up, well that’s not my problem .

Step 8. Find the “ro.product.device” “ro.product.board” “ro.product.product”. change those to your device.
    If you cant remember the exact name of your device,look at the cm7 build.prop for reference. When you done that save it.

Step 9. Navigate to “META-INF\com\google\android” find the updater-script. Right click on it, edit with notepad++. (btw always use that program when editing stuff with android,soo much easier)

Step 10. Edit the device, board an product to match your device. If one of them is missing, don’t worry bout it. Then save it when your done.

Step 11. Navigate to system/lib/hw. Do that on both your port an cm7 rom. Copy the sensor, lights an gps from cm7 over to your port. Optional: delete the ones from the original device. edit: another part i forgot to add take the modules file an switch them over also

Step 12. Open the android kitchen back up again. now you can delete the cm7 working folder
    Type 1,find your port,hit enter,2.
    Type 99
    Then hit 1.
    Hit enter again
    Sign the rom
    You can either name the rom or not. Id suggest you so you don’t get confused by any other files.

If you followed this correctly, your rom should boot with no problem. If you get error 7 or 6, look below.

If you get error 7 in recovery, you didn’t edit your build.prop correctly. Go back an check it, find your mistake then, re-run it in the kitchen

If you get error 6 in recovery,you need to check your updater-script, you probably didn’t edit that correctly. Go find your mistake in it an fix it, then re-run it in the kitchen.

if the touchscreen gets issue
    copy all files in /system/usr/idc from base to port.

Hopefully this guide will help you out with your porting need, if you have any other questions just pm me an Ill try to help you out. Or you could google your problem first too.

if you think i missed anything,let me an ill add it.

an if a mod thinks this should be moved or as a sticky,well who am i to stop him.

If you use this guide to port, give some credit, so other people will know also. :) thanks

People who provided useful info:
    Hdorius

If you are going to use this guide and release a port, please give us some credit! thanks!

6775769240_9aeb945c41_z.jpg

-Team Inferno-
    Ported roms with my guide

[PORT/ROM/MOD] [ICS] The Collective's Melchizedek http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1578803
    I'm going to give another try now that we have these easier directions thanks always wanted to learn how to port.

That's what I've been doing for the longest time, how you think black ice came to be, lol. Used my own guide.

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
    ........Death before dishonor........
    Team inferno
    Leader
    Pretty straightforward, although you should mention you need Linux or cygwin for the kitchen :)

Well I would hope when they go to the thread, they'd read that also. You can't give them everything, how would people learn?

If I helped, give thanks, if you please.
    ........Death before dishonor........
    Team inferno
    Leader