g-sensor

Search This thread

kscully

Jan 7, 2009
Does anyone's G-sensor work? i ran the htc function test and it's not working. Any solutions? I've try a factory reset but no joy.

Bixx

Nov 17, 2007
Somerset
Mine stopped working last night.

When I tried the calibrator it failed saying "calibration aborted" the sensor checker also failed.

I went to the task manager and ended all tasks, I rebooted but no change so I switched off the phone then back on again and all was working:confused:

I will have to keep an eye on this

Reactions: Squirrels

casca

When I tried the calibrator it failed saying "calibration aborted" the sensor checker also failed.

I went to the task manager and ended all tasks, I rebooted but no change so I switched off the phone then back on again and all was working:confused:

this is indeed a very weird thing mate, it's happening to a lot of people...

I'm sure it's a tegra3 related issue. Probably fixed on the next update.

Now that i think about it...i don't remember to have turnned off my phone when i had that issue...LOL

Last edited:

alazarus

Jul 11, 2005
G-sensor not working

Tried everything I can think off aside from draining the battery flat. Does the 1.28 rom version fix this issue? Seems like my g-sensor has been dead for a while...

Anyone on 1.28 have this g-sensor issue?

Master-T2006

Sep 27, 2010
I have the same problem. I wrote a mail to HTC in yesterday about the problem and hopes they got an answer for this iritating issue.

Sendt fra min HTC One X med Tapatalk2

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
Have you drained it completly? To the point that the phone doesn't turn on?
Have you tried also killing all tasks in task manager?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Tried everything I can think off aside from draining the battery flat. Does the 1.28 rom version fix this issue? Seems like my g-sensor has been dead for a while...

Anyone on 1.28 have this g-sensor issue?

Yup. Tried it all and the problem persists. Complete drain, factory reset, secure boot calibration, kill all tasks, ota update to 1.28 (from & to stock), superwiping and flashing a new rom (twice) , running htc's function test and getting "stuck" on the g-sensor test. And more.

Been there, done that. :p

The sensor doesn't react at all, so rotation won't work and in games like teeter, the ball just sits there no matter how I twist and turn.

And now HTC, via their chat, say that this might not be covered by the warranty since I have unlocked the bootloader. If I turn it in, they'll send it to a service centre, which may decide that the problem was caused by me (which is impossible since it was already there on stock), which would mean that 1) I'd have to pay for any repair or 2) I'd have to pay for "wasting their time" and cough up money for securely shipping it to/from the repair centre. Yay.

On the up side, the normal calibration aborts if I move the phone during the process, which to me would indicate that the sensor is working at SOME level, right?

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

casca

Yup. Tried it all and the problem persists. Complete drain, factory reset, secure boot calibration, kill all tasks, ota update to 1.28 (from & to stock), superwiping and flashing a new rom (twice) , running htc's function test and getting "stuck" on the g-sensor test. And more.

Been there, done that. :p

The sensor doesn't react at all, so rotation won't work and in games like teeter, the ball just sits there no matter how I twist and turn.

And now HTC, via their chat, say that this might not be covered by the warranty since I have unlocked the bootloader. If I turn it in, they'll send it to a service centre, which may decide that the problem was caused by me (which is impossible since it was already there on stock), which would mean that 1) I'd have to pay for any repair or 2) I'd have to pay for "wasting their time" and cough up money for securely shipping it to/from the repair centre. Yay.

On the up side, the normal calibration aborts if I move the phone during the process, which to me would indicate that the sensor is working at SOME level, right?

Skickat från min HTC One X via Tapatalk 2

:(

My question is, was it working when you got it in the first place?
Mine unlocked itself after about 48hours...

The only thing I can remember doing, that I've never said before was that I dropped my phone several times in all possible directions on a very slim carpet as a desperate act...
My thought was, maybe if I drop it and shake it really hard, it might get loose eventually. (Yes I'm a bit crazy... )

It got back to work after 48 painfull hours and lots of failed attempts...

OysterCatcheRR

Mar 30, 2012
I had this problem, but it was fixed by a reboot. Dont know if that gives you any clues as to whether it is software/hardware related?

alazarus

Jul 11, 2005
Yeah, it looks like some kind of hardware issue. I need to send this phone for repair. HTC has disappointed me - this will be the last HTC phone I purchase. Nothing but problems since day one. Stay people - you have been warned!!!

Fruktsallad

May 15, 2011
:(

My question is, was it working when you got it in the first place?
Mine unlocked itself after about 48hours...

The only thing I can remember doing, that I've never said before was that I dropped my phone several times in all possible directions on a very slim carpet as a desperate act...
My thought was, maybe if I drop it and shake it really hard, it might get loose eventually. (Yes I'm a bit crazy... )

It got back to work after 48 painfull hours and lots of failed attempts...

Actually I'm not quite sure if it worked in the first place, because I bought it used (from a guy who realized he hated Sense after three days). Nothing seems to get it to work, though I'm glad yours did. :)

casca

Actually I'm not quite sure if it worked in the first place, because I bought it used (from a guy who realized he hated Sense after three days). Nothing seems to get it to work, though I'm glad yours did. :)

Hum... maybe that's why he sold it :( sorry to hear it mate...

Well, if you are brave enough to do it, do what I did... shake it a lot, and drop it (from low altitude obviously) into a soft carpet... it might sound crazy, but the shaking could be enough to unlock the sensor... corner drop it all around and good luck! going to google it to see if there is any sort of recent found fix...

in the meantime get the app "sensor list" from the market and tell me the brand of your sensors if you can read it.

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
I had this issue, 3 days after I got the phone. Tried everything I could think of
(fact resets, etc). Still no joy, so I sent it back to the shop.

When they tested it , it was all workign fine again....

However I have a couple of thoughts on this (not tried it out yet so give it a go).

First of all disable that HTC Gestures/3 Finger rubbish. Secondly ensure Fast Boot is off.

Then re-start phone.

Now , Although I did end up like that, I'm sure it didnt fix the problem immediatley following me disabling those options.

All in all there is definatley something screwing up the G-Sensor, which is seemingly fixable/can be disabled. Its just finding out what it is/how you do it!

Slim

casca

I completely agree on you mate. The question is what.

My subconscious is telling me that it has something to do with the live wallpapers but I have no proof. It's just a stupid hunch, but it wouldn't be my first stupid hunch and I was correct so...

anyway, I've just red this...you guys might want to try and do it.

source: www.androidforums.com
"I just called my vendor, to complain about the auto rotation issue, and here's the step to fix, which worked for me.
Restart the phone, and go to safe mode (restart, and once you see the HTC logo, long press the volume down button), it'll restart again and go into safe mode.
Go to Settings, Display & gestures, G-Sensor Calibration, then calibrate, make sure to put the back of the phone on a level surface, this time, it shows calibration complete not aborted when I did it before in the normal mode.

Restarted the phone and it works fine now.

Thanks,
Mohamed El-Ghazaly"

when in safe mode, I would attempt everything from a "kill all tasks" in device manager to enabling and disabling auto-rotate in display settings.

Good luck guys.

Master-T2006

Sep 27, 2010
in conclusion to this subject, my latest "possible" fix is, fully drain your phone out of juice untill it doesn't power up and charge it again.
it should work afterwards.

I did that and i'm so happy now, because the method works for me... Thank you :)

sent from my HTC One X straight from Denmark

D

Doombadger

For what its worth I've no issues and have tried to recreate this as I consider whether to return the phone due to screen flicker. Panasonic Gsensor calibrates fine and Elixir gives steady accurate sensor feedback.

Running latest update 1.28.401.9
I have HTC 3 finger gestures off (except one middle one and a v-sign for launching a flagship product with so many issues.)

Sent from this place to that place using the power of shattered dreams and childrens tears.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-installed active sync
    -downloaded the 1.28 at
    hoxroms.serveftp.com/RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.9_Radio_1.1204.103.14_release_256469_signed.exe
    -flashed stock recovery
    -relocked bootloader (fastboot oem lock)
    -charged battery above 30%
    -ran the ruu
    -booted up
    -voila!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

So it is a software error or what?

I don't understand but I think in my case it could be software, but I cannot be sure of anything at the moment.

It's my second save and I don't know if I'll keep having this luck.
    return your phone if you can, that is my only advice...
    If your G-sensor got screwed, my only advise is to exchange it immediately.
    Don't do like I did... after two days of not working, it started working after a lot of trouble and after 15days it happened the same thing, and this time without being able to sort things out.
    Believe me, I've tested it exhaustively and it was a hardware problem for sure.
    The replacement HOX should arrive today at home.

Replace your HOX while you can, and if possible without having unlocked your bootlader to avoid any more trouble.
    yep...
    my 2nd one X arrive on monday...defective again. this time with yellow spots. it was also HT23 serial