[Q] Kindle fire bricked. twrp and firefirefire NOT installed

Search This thread

weberj

Apr 23, 2012
So i bricked my kindle fire 6.3 by restoring it using the kindle fires restore to factory reset tool thinking it would remove my root (but i was wrong) when it booted back up it was stuck on the yellow triangle with the flames in it saying press power button for recovery. also when i plug the kindle into my computer it connects for literally 4 seconds an disconnects again. like i mentioned in the title i did NOT install twrp or firefirefire. plz help ive only had it for a month and its already effed up:mad:

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6

mughalgxt

Sep 15, 2008
Ajman
So i bricked my kindle fire 6.3 by restoring it using the kindle fires restore to factory reset tool thinking it would remove my root (but i was wrong) when it booted back up it was stuck on the yellow triangle with the flames in it saying press power button for recovery. also when i plug the kindle into my computer it connects for literally 4 seconds an disconnects again. like i mentioned in the title i did NOT install twrp or firefirefire. plz help ive only had it for a month and its already effed up:mad:

the 4sec interval signals to fastboot mode! You got to enter necessary commands during to stay in fastboot mode and flash the custom recovery TWRP and than re-install update.zip(kindle update bin renamed). consider the link below for twrp and root manual install plus relevant commanline,those commands will help to flash and boot into twrp mode after installing it:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24129239

P.s.remember to point to the directory containing the fastboot and adb command files in my case c:/program files (x86)/android/android-sdk/platform-tools/ ALSo, in future to factory reset the device, install the kindle update.zip (renamed kindle update bin file downloaded from amazon kindle site)

Last edited:

corronade

Mar 27, 2012
kindle fire utility 9.5

Remove and install your drivers for your kindle fire. Than install kindle fire utility found here in xda forums. Install and run the utility select option 1 and select normal 4000 boot mode. Plug in your kindle fire and turn it on. This worked for me. Booted right up just be patient it may take a few minutes.

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
what are the drivers and where do i find them and how do i reinstall them?

<shakes head in disappointment>

With all due respect, what on earth made you think it was a good idea to root the Kindle with such an obvious lack of computer literacy? Were you aware of the risks?

Your problem is simple to fix but it requires at least some basic working knowledge of a computer. Do yourself a huge favor and Google search "Kindle Fire USB drivers" to find out. And not to be hateful but I think it's highly unlikely that many people here would be willing to go through the arduous process of explaining how to install device drivers.

I would suggest doing some research on the matter and come back with a better foundation to work from.

Otherwise I think your best bet would be to revert back to stock and forget about rooting all together (requires research).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

weberj

Apr 23, 2012
No never mind the previous post solved it I got the drivers right after I posted 2 days ago it is fixed and up and running now thank you for the trouble I forgot to post back :/