[Q] How to root galaxy mini 2 ? S6500

Search This thread

cag_tc

May 2, 2012
Arad
Hi, I want to root my S6500 too. I'm stuck at entering the recovery menu. I just can't do it. I've tried all the methods I could find on the internet and still nothing.

The specs for the phone are:
Model GT-S6500D
Android 2.3.6
Baseband S6500DXXLC3
Kernel version 2.6.38.6 dpi@DELL166#1
Build number GINGERBREAD.XXLC4

I should mention before this I had a galaxy mini S5570 which I rooted successfully using the recovery menu method.

kitrax59

Dec 11, 2011
Hi, I want to root my S6500 too. I'm stuck at entering the recovery menu. I just can't do it. I've tried all the methods I could find on the internet and still nothing.

The specs for the phone are:
Model GT-S6500D
Android 2.3.6
Baseband S6500DXXLC3
Kernel version 2.6.38.6 dpi@DELL166#1
Build number GINGERBREAD.XXLC4

I should mention before this I had a galaxy mini S5570 which I rooted successfully using the recovery menu method.
how about volume up + menu button + power button?

cag_tc

May 2, 2012
Arad
Thanks for the advises

how about volume up + menu button + power button?
I've tried it but it just booted normally.

Coolsandie I think the unlockroot application is my best bet for now. But it apears that it doesn't suport the S6500 yet. Maybe in some time it will. So I just have to put rooting my phone on hold for now.

grigoreee

May 18, 2008
while playing with the keys:

1 shut down from menu (press power button)
2:

volume up + volume down +home and press power. -ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY UTILITY
volume down + home and press power - DOWNLOAD MODE

and rom (ram?) dump mode sometimes appears on screen in don't know the key combination v

volume up + home and power nothing....

Last edited:

cag_tc

May 2, 2012
Arad
while playing with the keys:

1 shut down from menu (press power button)
2:

volume up + volume down +home and press power. -ANDROID SYSTEM RECOVERY UTILITY
volume down + home and press power - DOWNLOAD MODE

and rom (ram?) dump mode sometimes appears on screen in don't know the key combination v

volume up + home and power nothing....

Thanks grigoreee it worked. Pressing all the keys until the samsung logo appears will enter in the recovery menu.
From then on is just like all the other phones.

The question is do you need a specific update zip file for this phone model and kernel version or you can use any rooting update for android 2.3.6?

grigoreee

May 18, 2008
Thanks grigoreee it worked. Pressing all the keys until the samsung logo appears will enter in the recovery menu.
From then on is just like all the other phones.

The question is do you need a specific update zip file for this phone model and kernel version or you can use any rooting update for android 2.3.6?

Before you try anything backup your firmware.. and write software,hardware version in a safe place...

Last edited:

devilex94

Sep 24, 2011
hey people can somebody extract touchwiz 4 launcher of mini 2 from system\app
use oi file manager to copy system files to SD without root.please

fabi_92

May 9, 2012
Milan
root

I tried z4root, superoneclick, unlock root ... but nothing worked.
How can I root for this phone? : (

thanks for help

kenjilucas19

Feb 12, 2012
No but i looked up google and saw gingerbreak will work
Sorry forgot the website :D

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are 2 ways to root it that worked fine for me .

First one is by using squadzone's CWM , you can find it here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1768622 . First download the CWM from the link there (first link in the first post) , then boot your phone into download mode (Vol down + home + power , after make sure to select "Continue" - vol up) , make sure you don't have Kies open , download Odin 3 and open it , insert the cwm.tar.md5 in the PDA column , make sure you have repartition unchecked , the other 2 checked , also make sure that it says "COM" on a yellow background on a port status box in Odin , also make sure you have the PIT file in , hit start and there yo go ! CWM flashed . After that just make sure you have the SuperUser zip (2nd link in the first post) somewhere in your phone's internal memory . Now boot into CWM and flash it by selecting "install zip from sdcard" , then reboot and you are done !

The 2nd method is the SECOND one in this post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27596546&postcount=1

The procedure for flashing CWM is the same , it's for S7500 but I tested it on my S6500D and it works fine . After you flashed this CWM , run the .bat file you downloaded from the link there and it will auto-flash it . The reboot and done!

One small problem I noticed in the 2nd method is that if you factory-reset the phone , the phone will bootloop into CWM and Android won't boot up . To fix that , just reflash the CWM . I didn't try factory resetting with squadzone's CWM so I don't know if the same bug is in it as well .

Also , to boot into recovery , you have to keep Vol Up + Vol Down + Home + Power pressed until the Samsung logo pops up . Not more , not less .
    Gingerbreak

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium
    D
    Deleted member 4704765
    I have rooted sgm2!

I just tried this tutorial for the galaxy ace plus; http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618324
    D
    Deleted member 4704765
    you flashed these files for ace to you mini 2 and it worked?
    you have s6500 or s6500D?

yes, I flashed them to my gt-s6500D and it worked.
    The ace plus and mini 2 were released in the same period so that's why I have tried this guide.
    wich 1?? what guide ?? pls help me how to root?? :banghead::confused:

Sent from my GT-S6500 using xda premium

look my last post