How many more updates do you think we will get on this phone?

Search This thread

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
Gauging on the fact the note 2 has been announced to get kitkat. I would assume it's safe to say we'll get 4.5 or whatever the next tier will be. Anything beyond that could be speculation.

posted while using my note 3

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
like up to 3 major updates at least. This phone has the specs that will make it a top phone for well over a year. I mean the newest phones are still coming out with just 2gb of ram (maybe the S5 will have 3gb) and the CPU at 2.3mhz will be a beast for a long time. Then look at the S3 now confirmed getting 4.4 KK so it's easy to see 3 major updates for this phone and maybe more.

Last edited:

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
like up to 3 major updates at least. This phone has the specs that will make it a top phone for well over a year. I mean the newest phones are still coming out with just 2gb of ram (maybe the S5 will have 3gb) and the CPU at 2.3mhz will be a beast for a long time. Then look at the S3 now confirmed getting 4.4 KK so it's easy to see 3 major updates for this phone and maybe more.

2.3mhz woooo that's fast man.
How about 2.3GHz lol.

I never look at it as official updates, because our devs will continue to bring support for the newest OS to our device. For instance the Samsung epic 4G keyboard started on Eclair(2.1) and still has JB on it from the dev support.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
2.3mhz woooo that's fast man.
How about 2.3GHz lol.

I never look at it as official updates, because our deva will continue to bring support for the newest OS to our device. For instance the Samsung epic 4G keyboard started on Eclair(2.1) and still has JB on it from the dev support.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

lol yeah it's called a typo. Anyway I'm talking about official updates not ported ROMs

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
lol yeah it's called a typo. Anyway I'm talking about official updates not ported ROMs

I'm not talking about ported roms and yes if you read my post you'd notice i said that. As far as Official your're looking at 3 Max they only support the phone for 2 years and then ditch support. But most XDA users don't care for Official support as our dev's have more time to just our device specific and are able to support the phone much better and give us a better overall user experience.

Ever heard of AOSP? AOKP? Source Code? Building From The Ground Up? Lol.

We all know that regardless if its Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Etc... They take forever because they're not maintaining one phone and that's all. they are bigger companies with several products and several things to be pre-occupied and more geared and focused on.

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly
I'm not talking about ported roms and yes if you read my post you'd notice i said that. As far as Official your're looking at 3 Max they only support the phone for 2 years and then ditch support. But most XDA users don't care for Official support as our dev's have more time to just our device specific and are able to support the phone much better and give us a better overall user experience.

Ever heard of AOSP? AOKP? Source Code? Building From The Ground Up? Lol.

We all know that regardless if its Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Etc... They take forever because they're not maintaining one phone and that's all. they are bigger companies with several products and several things to be pre-occupied and more geared and focused on.

Of course I have, but the guy asked about updates, so i was talking about from Tmo which like I said most likely 3 updates. I used to run CM/Aosp on my Bionic but I got tired of minimalist ROMs with vanilla/bland UI personally. Especially CM. When they went commercial and became Cyanogen Inc. and basically stole from a lot of developers I don't care to use there ROMs anymore. Plus I kinda like a stripped down TW at this point.

xile6

Dec 2, 2008
Dallas
I believe google said something about a 18month upgrade.
Basically if a new update comes out, they have to make an update for it.
But im willing to bet we will only get 2 updates. Kitkat and probably a patch or what ever is after that.

Top Liked Posts