AOKP--JB-4.1.2 for gtab (with Rom Control) 12/13/2012

Search This thread

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Here is something weird. I flashed this ROM on my wife's tablet and everything works with it. So I decided to flash it on my tablet and some apps, like Dictionary.com, aren't compatible. Any ideas why this would be?

no clue buddy.... maybe you forgot to wipe dalvik or something?? go back, wipe twice the cache/dalvik cache, the go to mounts and storage > and format /boot and format /system, then try to flash again. Also, go ahead and give Nobes modded version a go!!

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
So I guess you went over and saw what I did huh. Its freakin sweet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
havent flashed it yet, still working on 4.2, but I am just assuming. after all, it should be safe for me to "assume" it rocks, because Im already an a$&, but you're not so its ok.

Been doing research on 4.2 and it has issues and I feel your pain. Hell everyone is having issues with it unless they dev for a Nexus or something similar. Going to give my other project another try. I have found a stock manifest for it, but adding the local manifest is giving me issues. Any thoughts.

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Been doing research on 4.2 and it has issues and I feel your pain. Hell everyone is having issues with it unless they dev for a Nexus or something similar. Going to give my other project another try. I have found a stock manifest for it, but adding the local manifest is giving me issues. Any thoughts.

Well, if you are having parsing errors or github remote errors, then go take a look at the teamdrh manifest and you will see there are a few lines at the beginning that define github as a remote server. AOKP didnt have these lines and i would get like 20 errors for various parsing things whenever I added the device trees. but, when i added those three or four lines to define github in my AOKP manifest then all my errors went away and it synced all repos just fune, took me forever to notice it was missing. Otherwise, upload your current manifest somewhere so i can look at it, and I should be able to fix it and show you/explain what I did.

Nash Enders

Nov 16, 2012
no clue buddy.... maybe you forgot to wipe dalvik or something?? go back, wipe twice the cache/dalvik cache, the go to mounts and storage > and format /boot and format /system, then try to flash again. Also, go ahead and give Nobes modded version a go!!

I found out it was because I flashed two different version of GApps. It's weird that GApps would affect apps that are side-loaded.

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Well, if you are having parsing errors or github remote errors, then go take a look at the teamdrh manifest and you will see there are a few lines at the beginning that define github as a remote server. AOKP didnt have these lines and i would get like 20 errors for various parsing things whenever I added the device trees. but, when i added those three or four lines to define github in my AOKP manifest then all my errors went away and it synced all repos just fune, took me forever to notice it was missing. Otherwise, upload your current manifest somewhere so i can look at it, and I should be able to fix it and show you/explain what I did.

Quick PC setup question. Are duel booting or running full beast mode with Ubuntu?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
Pulled out my gtablet looking for a Jellybean ROM and found this one :)

Flashed following the instructions. I am having issues with the home button. Both the one at the bottom of the screen and on the right do not take me to the home screen. It appears to do nothing. I've installed Nova Launcher, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Browser doesn't work, Calculator force closes. I followed the directions to the letter. Reflashed multiple times. Appears broken.

Last edited:

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Pulled out my gtablet looking for a Jellybean ROM and found this one :)

Flashed following the instructions. I am having issues with the home button. Both the one at the bottom of the screen and on the right do not take me to the home screen. It appears to do nothing. I've installed Nova Launcher, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Browser doesn't work, Calculator force closes. I followed the directions to the letter. Reflashed multiple times. Appears broken.

I can honestly say I have never tried a calculator app from any rom i built or flashed. The browser should work, works for me. Dolphin or Opera are way better though. This rom is still a WIP as stated in OP, but it performs quite well, Im sorry you had so much troubles.

If you want a daily driver then try Smootherbean, G-harmony jellybean, or Paranoid Android. AOKP roms are more suited for people who like to set up a User Interface how they want it, not a one size fits all kind of thing. I didnt really post super clear install instructions because this rom was meant for crackflashers and I think based on your post that you want a ROM to flash where you wont have to change it for a while, so I recommend one of the three I just mentioned.

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
I can honestly say I have never tried a calculator app from any rom i built or flashed.

I can honestly say I deleted that app right away. The PlayStore has better apps and they don't take up valuable system space. I like a nice scientific calculator rather then the stock one that normally comes with any ROM.
Sent from My Faster then yers Gtablet.

Jedis

Nov 13, 2006
I can honestly say I have never tried a calculator app from any rom i built or flashed. The browser should work, works for me. Dolphin or Opera are way better though. This rom is still a WIP as stated in OP, but it performs quite well, Im sorry you had so much troubles.

If you want a daily driver then try Smootherbean, G-harmony jellybean, or Paranoid Android. AOKP roms are more suited for people who like to set up a User Interface how they want it, not a one size fits all kind of thing. I didnt really post super clear install instructions because this rom was meant for crackflashers and I think based on your post that you want a ROM to flash where you wont have to change it for a while, so I recommend one of the three I just mentioned.
Sorry, I was just posting my experience to see if others had the same issues. When I noticed the issue with the home buttons not working and the Browser not opening, I tried the Calculator just to see if it would work, and it did not.

I used NVflash to wipe all of the partitions clean and setup the recovery. Then I flashed the ROM and the Gapps. Not sure what else could have been causing the issues. The only thing I wasn't sure of was the 350mb system partition -- I just followed the instructions in the NVflash zip - maybe it didn't do that part for me?

Thanks, I will try the other ROMs listed. I would like something stable, as I already have a SIII and am a flashaholic with it :) I never use my gTablet and was trying to breathe some life back into it, as it's been sitting in my closet for over a year.

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well......after a whole bunch of errors and headache, I was finally able to boot the android 4.2.1 version of AOKP, which is both good and bad, i dunno if I like it or not. Either way, ive got wifi, touchscreen, multi user support, but no bluetooth yet, and no app sideloading, havent even tested market app install yet. once i get it to where it will at least install apps, i will try to post it here, FOR TESTERS ONLY, so we can get a grasp on what all needs to be fixed, or changed. right now, it wakes itself back up fter a min of sleep, and does other strange things, so ive got a lot of work to do... stay tuned.

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Well......after a whole bunch of errors and headache, I was finally able to boot the android 4.2.1 version of AOKP, which is both good and bad, i dunno if I like it or not. Either way, ive got wifi, touchscreen, multi user support, but no bluetooth yet, and no app sideloading, havent even tested market app install yet. once i get it to where it will at least install apps, i will try to post it here, FOR TESTERS ONLY, so we can get a grasp on what all needs to be fixed, or changed. right now, it wakes itself back up fter a min of sleep, and does other strange things, so ive got a lot of work to do... stay tuned.

Which kernel are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Which kernel are you using?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

2.6.39, with a bunch of stuff forked from borkata. Im sure i can PM a link of what I got, then you can use the kitchen to pull it apart and take a look at the following:

init.rc
init.harmony.rc
fstab.harmony
vold.fstab

Just let me know......
I dont have internal or external sdcard, cannot install apps, no bluetooth, its terrible, I almost wished it hadnt booted right now :)

I SHOULD be a more studious github user, but alas.....

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
2.6.39, with a bunch of stuff forked from borkata. Im sure i can PM a link of what I got, then you can use the kitchen to pull it apart and take a look at the following:

init.rc
init.harmony.rc
fstab.harmony
vold.fstab

Just let me know......
I dont have internal or external sdcard, cannot install apps, no bluetooth, its terrible, I almost wished it hadnt booted right now :)

I SHOULD be a more studious github user, but alas.....

Just need to start cherry picking away....:D

redeyedjedi

May 1, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just need to start cherry picking away....:D

well, you can start pickin away real soon. Im uploading something rightnow, 50/k a second but its goin. I was able set good permissions for apk installs, i got sleep to work, full sdcard access, HW accel, many things already working, but no bluetooth, no mic, couple of other issues, all fixable. This is BADA$$ with the new kernel, but ill wait at fosser's request on that. Also, AOKP is adding back in tablet mode, so we wont be stuck in phablet for long.

Good news is, all the things needed for boot are in the kernel and device tree files, so hopefully Tjohnson can just swap the boot.img into his 4.2 build of AOSP, and go from there. He should also be able to take the Zimage of his overclock, add it to my ramdisk, and get a boot with overclocking, which I can confirm works to atleast 1.2ghz. ill prolly start a new thread on this so, once its done uploading Ill post a link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok peeps, here is another great rom for you to play with.
    For those who dont know what the Android Open Kang Project is:

http://aokp.co/

This rom strives to utilize the best hacks and mods of all roms and put them into one great build.
    It was built by me, but it is coded by a wonderful crew of smart people and it performs quite well.
    It features many nice addons:

* customized lockscreen with color changing for the text and a nice weather widget plus more
    * customize navigation bar, Navbar hiding for NBA JAm and other phone Ui games and apps
    * color theming for the navbar, along with the ability to add navbar buttons which you can set to do what you want

Basically, tons of stuff. I recommend flashing and going to settings>Rom Control and just spending about thirty minutes seeing all the things you can do.

On my end, I have tried to remove what we dont need for some extra RAM. I changed up the teamdrh device overlays to suit this ROM. modified build.prop for gameloft compatibility, applied Nobe's fixes for hdmi audio and gaming audio. Various other things to get it working well.......
    This is still a work in progress!!!!

Many thanks to teamdrh for the "OEM device support"
    Many thanks to Fosser for his kernel
    Many thanks to the AOKP crew for such a great ROM

****INSTALL INFO*******

1. Use teamdrh nvflash for Jellybean - the 350meg prep
    2. Wipe data/ factory reset
    3. connect to PC, copy rom, and Flash away

ENJOY!

Known Issues:

Stock launcher has shortcut issues, YOU WILL NEED A DIFFERENT ONE. I left it alone so you guys could just use what you want. I recommend Nova Launcher, this is the one AOKP uses on official builds, but again, I left it alone so you could decide, but you will not be disappointed with Nova.

AOKP has their own wallpapaers, the app would not retrieve them though, still looking into this

Internal Camera, of course, NOT YET!

Others? please....you tell me. I dont have a dock, and I dont do many of the things that others do, so there may be issues that I have not yet uncovered. I dont care about logcats or whatever, just post what dont work if you find something. THANKS!

YOU MUST GO THANK ANY MEMBER OF THE AOKP CREW, AS WELL AS TEAMDRH. THEY MAKE THIS POSSIBLE.

http://d-h.st/1Mz

Recommended GAPPS:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918484&highlight=gapps+market+only
    ______________________________________________________________________________

As always, flash at your own risk. Merry Christmas!
    Congratulations

Super to have your great support. Despite I'am not AOKP fan,but for sure I will test it during the weekend.
    Any screen shots?
    Guys I am currently testing this Bad A$$ build and will let you know how it goes. Had to change somethings so that I can run it on my current 250m system, no hardware stuff just bloated phone crap. I will post some Screenies for you later. TY
    check the RAM...... should be from 180-205 mb free most of the time!

Swagpaper.apk doesn't work because there isn't any paper in it and also it might not match the SystemUI or Framework-res to open up. Going to pull some apktool skills on this and see what I can come up with.:cool: