[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question! [N7100 and other variants]

Search This thread

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
I was just letting you know bro... I root and start flashing right out of the box myself

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Hello,

So I'm not really new to flashing roms and rooting, flashed both my Galaxy Ace and Galaxy Player lots of times already. I'm wondering whether should I buy the Galaxy Note 2 or not since it's on the Exynos chipset. Does it hinders development? Any problems or such? And yes, I used the search button before posting this and all the result doesn't really give me a straight answer.

MT00T

Apr 19, 2013
GTN7105 Lte, T-mobile uk

Android newbie here, hi I have a galaxy note GT-N7105 Lte T-Mobile uk, I followed the instructions from ibtimes, and using odin3.07 flashed my Galaxy Note 2 N7105 LTE to Official Android 4.1.2 XXDMC3 Jelly Bean Firmware, it seems all went well but when booting the device bootloops to the sumsung logo only and does not load the Os, I am new to Android Os, I appreciate your help, I tried reflashing but get the same result. Help please..

Yesterday I managed to make it work and left the device loading os configuration. I have a new problem and seek your help , my galaxy note 2 Lte is not detecting sim card. please help

Last edited:

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
There's no limitations add to what you can do with the note 2 as far as I can see, other than a lack of devs and roms as compared to other phones, but that's due to a lack of devs... The exynos chip set is a great family and the note 2 is pretty stellar in my opinion

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

You didn't, by chance, alter your efs folder on the phone at all did you?

MT00T

Apr 19, 2013
GT-N7105 Lte T-mobile uk

There's no limitations add to what you can do with the note 2 as far as I can see, other than a lack of devs and roms as compared to other phones, but that's due to a lack of devs... The exynos chip set is a great family and the note 2 is pretty stellar in my opinion

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

It is possible but is there a way to find out?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

It is possible but is there a way to find out?

Well I just used odin 3.07 to flash the phone also before i used a pit file downloaded from xda, but it was when the GT-N7105 was stuck on bootloop, after that did 5 reflashes using odin, then you advised to remove the battery and it worked

Aah, so rooting/flashing it won't be so different as other devices using other chipsets? Most of my search results all came up with how the 'closed' nature of the exynos chip will hinder development etc but it's good to see that it'll be no different

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
I'm glad to hear it worked... You can use Root Explorer and navigate to the efs folder and open it to make sure, you may have to look up what should be in there... The efs folder holds all your phone's important info like imei#, serial#, carrier info, etc... There is no way, that I know of, to recover this folder if deleted, but if the folder is still there, you should be able to edit what's in there through text editor and full it back in, don't quote me on that cuz I've never messed with that folder and I won't lol

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Oh no, I have flashed somewhere around 20 roms and kernels, injected build prop tweaks, overclocked and undervolted my note 2 so many times is not even funny lol... I've even bricked it 3 times, there's plenty of room for modding the note 2, there's just not a whole lot of developers willing to pay the price for the phone just to mod it lol... But devs are staying to pop out of the woodwork... I'm in the process of deving a custom rom myself, learning as I go lol... That's for the t-mobile t889 version though

billrandle

Nov 28, 2012
Barbacena
Android only connects to Google.

I have a Samsung Duos in Brazil. My wireless was working fine at my home, til suddenly it would only connect to Google on wireless. Some websites would appear using data connection, but wireless, only Google searches. Clicking on a link would bring up a "could not locate remote server" page. I've reset the router and modem, even reset my phone to original settings, same problem. My phone shows that I'm connected to the Internet too. I've tried other hot spots and they work fine, so it doesn't seem to be a phone setting. I haven't changed any settings in the router or modem.

MT00T

Apr 19, 2013
GT-N7105 Lte T-mobile uk

I'm glad to hear it worked... You can use Root Explorer and navigate to the efs folder and open it to make sure, you may have to look up what should be in there... The efs folder holds all your phone's important info like imei#, serial#, carrier info, etc... There is no way, that I know of, to recover this folder if deleted, but if the folder is still there, you should be able to edit what's in there through text editor and full it back in, don't quote me on that cuz I've never messed with that folder and I won't lol

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Oh no, I have flashed somewhere around 20 roms and kernels, injected build prop tweaks, overclocked and undervolted my note 2 so many times is not even funny lol... I've even bricked it 3 times, there's plenty of room for modding the note 2, there's just not a whole lot of developers willing to pay the price for the phone just to mod it lol... But devs are staying to pop out of the woodwork... I'm in the process of deving a custom rom myself, learning as I go lol... That's for the t-mobile t889 version though

I have installed the App (Root Explorer) but the folder is empty, any suggestion?

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
If efs is empty, no Carrier can recognize your phone... see ifyou can edit or copy/paste in that folder, then Google what is supposed to be in there for your carrier, I'll look too... who do you go through for service and what model is your phone?

MT00T

Apr 19, 2013
GT-N7105 Lte T-mobile uk

If efs is empty, no Carrier can recognize your phone... see ifyou can edit or copy/paste in that folder, then Google what is supposed to be in there for your carrier, I'll look too... who do you go through for service and what model is your phone?

My phone service provider is T-mobile uk.

Last edited:

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
Ok, I'll search... try looking up full efs backup tmobile uk note 2 t889

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
Check the top of the folder in root Explorer and make sure it days rw, not ro before trying

Eyad Tahayne

Feb 3, 2013
note 2 is suffering me

I Have problems always with battery , I tried all the stock roms and the custom roms ! I tried omega rom & android revolution rom & now im using the emotion rom 4.4 ! I tried all the kernels too !! Perseus , redpill, adam kernek , NEAK kernel ... and every time im waiting for good battery im getting bad ! Note 2 must have 8.3 hours using internet screen on bust im getting just 6 or 7 little times ... and in every rom I use the Android system in the battery stats looks the most draining in the list ... can any one give me a solution plz ?? Or can you tell me how to test the battery if its not good or there is a problem in it ?
And thanks :)

clearday

Apr 1, 2013
Need help with Kali Linux to boot on Note 2

I asked this question in the Galaxy Note II Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting section but not sure if this such a noobie question, so I figured I'd try here.

Basically I have Kali Linux working in my Note 2 via Linux Deploy, SSH and VNC. However, I would like boot able Kali natively as well. Below is the original thread and the instructions from kali.org.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40017296

http://docs.kali.org/armel-armhf/kali-linux-on-galaxy-note

In a nutshell, the SGN recovery.img needs to be modified so the Kali Linux os can boot from the recovery, sort of dual boot with Android.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• recovery(1).zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Cnmservad

Oct 29, 2012
Root explorer is the best, when you're in the folder where you can see the efs folder, look at the top of the screen, it should say mounted as ro... mount as rw, make sure it days mounted as rw... Did you open the factory efs folder? Anything in it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ASK THE QUESTION [NOOB FRIENDLY]

I am not a full time developer! So do not request any roms or apps from me. I only make roms for my self and friends. :)

This thread is created to help members [noobs] to understand more about android and the device itself.

I decided to create this thread because the developers already have enough work to do, they wont be able to answer all questions from members [noobs]. :)
    I only owns the N7100 (galaxy note international model), but i will try by best to answer all of your questions using my experiences :) .

*** My time zone is GMT +7 (remember this)***
    Check out my guides here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2055827

Thanks to these following members who helped me answer questions in this thread:
    ObenDevin - Thanks to him for helping me answer lots of questions :)
    Hi have posted this but not gwtting any joy...please can you have a look...attached
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Just try restarting your phone...

I had faced the same problem once and rebooting it solved that...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
    I'm having a great amount of trouble with my GN2 since i upgraded to my official 4.4.2 ROM via odin, most of the time when the device locks the screen it won't open again, no matter how much u wait or press the home button or the lock button again the display never wakes up again and then i have to keep pressing the lock button to reboot the phone, There seems nothing to b triggering this problem. It occurs randomly, Not associated with heavy usage or anything, I just don't know what's triggering it. ITS SO ANNOYING, when it occurs the alarms won't ring either, Even if i got a call the screen won't show it, Only black lighted screen... Kitkat is really bad upgrade

The device is: GT-n7100 running this flashed ROM N7100XXUFND4, Its my official one.
    Thanks in advance

Iam suffering from the same thing... Let me know if u could solve it.

Thanks for not helping...

What you're experiencing seems to be a sleep of death, where the phone, after entering deep sleep, fails to wakes up even when there's user input (i.e. pressing buttons). This usually occurs if one underclocks one's phone too much. Try installing Trickstermod, under Specific there's a Touch Wake option.

Personally I haven't encountered this problem, but I read about it in the AGNi kernel 4.4.2 purestock thread, which I have installed.

Thank me pls :cool:
    Hey. I'm have been having some problems ever since I rooted my phone (Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100). And I've been told that I might find the solution here. I've explained everything in this thread. http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-assist/cwm-recovery-problems-supersu-t2892020 I really need to get done with this . Your help will me much appreciated. Thanks.

If you are on 4.4, the method you tried might not work.

Method given below works for 4.4 and 4.3. Not sure about 4.1.2

Anyways, flash Philz recovery latest via ODIN.

Here is the Link: https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100/philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5/

Wait for green pass.

Now download SuperSu flashable zip

http://download.chainfire.eu/452/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.02.zip

Store the file on phone int.sd / ext.sd

Enter recovery using key combination.

Once inside Philz, choose "install as zip" , select the supersu zip and flash.

Reboot the device.

Open play store and update supersu if required.

Don't forget to press thumbs up if u found my suggestions helpful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly there actually is some method to reset Knox counter on the devices with Exynos.
    Don't ask me, use google.

tetakpatalked from N7100

Unfortunately that method and flashing the knox reset zip is JUST for the note 3. Not any any other device.

Well here you go...

How to Reset knox on Note 3 Exynos.

I dont need google for this,fortunately XDA gave me a search option :)

"If someone helps, never forget to hit thanks ?"