Warranty

Search This thread

Heavy Metal

Nov 22, 2011
What is the warranty on the S5 after 14 days if it is getting hot and shutting off from time to time and speaker is raspy/crackling? And am it gets hot 105°.

Is their a restocking fee on it?

What should I do?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
What is the warranty on the S5 after 14 days if it is getting hot and shutting off from time to time and speaker is raspy/crackling? And am it gets hot 105°.

Is their a restocking fee on it?

What should I do?

I had the same thing happen to me. I called on day 12 and I wanted to replace it with the Active. They didn't have it in stock at the store so At&t noted the account that I was having issues with my s5. On day 17 (Past 14 days) I called one night to customer service. I told them about my issue and said the account should be notated. He had to ask his manager for a approval of "Buyer remorse swap" I said whatever it takes, I have a defective device. Long story short I was on the phone for over an hour but 2 days later I got a brand new Camo Active by Fed-Ex at my door. It was worth it. The Active is 10 x better all around.

Call customer service and see what you can get done.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Thats not real helpful. Everybody experiences different calls with At&t. I have been with them 19 years so they over-rid their policy.
Same could happen for this man.

So HERE

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
It wasn't meant as an attack, sorry if I came off that way. I have never had any problems with AT&T customer service. Knowing some of the users here, I just kind of assumed this was his first place to try.

Heavy Metal

Nov 22, 2011
I thought it was 14 days to return it no matter what 30 days if defective?

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
You are correct in return policy through AT&T. After 14 days it should be returned to Samsung. You might be able to take it to AT&T and they might ship it out for you... Big maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app