[Q] 4.4.2 WiFi won't turn on

Search This thread

DownExtreme

Jun 14, 2014
Please help, when I try to turn on the wifi, it just automatically turns itself off instantly. I currently don't have it connected to service as I just bought it off ebay. I want to see if there is a way to fix it before contacting the seller and asking for a refund. My phone details:

Model Number: SGH-M919
Android Version: 4.4.2
Baseband Version: M919UVUFNB4
Kernel Version: 3.4.0-540242
Build Number: KOT49H.M919UVUFNB4
SE for Android Status: Enforcing
Security Software version: MDF v1.0 Release 2

The baseband version when I got it was M919UVUAMDB and I managed to update it using a guide on this site.
I have tried restoring to factory settings but it still won't turn on. Thanks in advanced.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Dial *#1234# and attach one screenshot of what appears.

Last edited:

DownExtreme

Jun 14, 2014
would rooting and installing a custom rom fix this? If so, which is compatible with my firmware and baseband? I am kind of new at this flashing phones thing, but I am pretty tech savvy and would understand what to do.

nivekx9

Feb 21, 2013
Portland
would rooting and installing a custom rom fix this? If so, which is compatible with my firmware and baseband? I am kind of new at this flashing phones thing, but I am pretty tech savvy and would understand what to do.

Go into recovery and factory reset...if it doesn't work, ask for a refund. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sytema

Sep 6, 2012
im also having the same problem.. my wifi only works when i factory reset phone. if i turn the phone off and on and try using the wifi it wont turn on anymore..also on 4.4.2 any ideas

joeyakaspce1130

Aug 1, 2013
Allentown
For me, it was an app causing the problem. It was called wifi talkie. I uninstalled it and then tried to turn on the wifi and while it was attempting to turn on, I pulled the battery and when it turned back on it was working. So if you installed any apps, try removing them. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk