[TOOL] HTC One 2014 (M8) All-In-One Toolkit V2.0 [4-19-2014] [PERM ROOT]

3,576 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,805

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd April 2014, 01:08 PM |#21  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 2,591

More
If you have adb.exe running already, try killing that process in task manager and starting again.
2nd April 2014, 02:27 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Right, so I used the toolkit for perm root, it worked, (kind of) system is still write protected in recovery and doesn't have busybox installed. I've tried reflashing the recovery manually and uninstalling SU... however that doesn't seem to unroot my device. Even tried using the unroot option within SU app. Could you assist with un-doing whatever your perm-root solution does?

Right now the device is playing up so much I can't even flash another ROM (ARHD) on it! It detects system tampering in recovery and reboots.

Edit: Fastboot also shows a "tampered" flag..
2nd April 2014, 05:56 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic Punk

If you have adb.exe running already, try killing that process in task manager and starting again.

thanks for the reply, i already ended the task for ADB and even rebooted the computer a few times to restart the whole process. still device not detected. any ideas?
2nd April 2014, 09:27 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r5ingh

Right, so I used the toolkit for perm root, it worked, (kind of) system is still write protected in recovery and doesn't have busybox installed. I've tried reflashing the recovery manually and uninstalling SU... however that doesn't seem to unroot my device. Even tried using the unroot option within SU app. Could you assist with un-doing whatever your perm-root solution does?

Right now the device is playing up so much I can't even flash another ROM (ARHD) on it! It detects system tampering in recovery and reboots.

fastboot shows a tampered fag after you unlock the bootloader via HTCDev. there's a thread in general (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702575) that has a walkthrough on getting the system partition writable for busybox installs.

i don't have mine yet, so i can't confirm the methods, but it may be worth a shot.
2nd April 2014, 09:38 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssith

fastboot shows a tampered fag after you unlock the bootloader via HTCDev. there's a thread in general (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2702575) that has a walkthrough on getting the system partition writable for busybox installs.

i don't have mine yet, so i can't confirm the methods, but it may be worth a shot.

I've tried that method multiple times, System write can be enabled when the module is loaded via insmod but is somehow lost after a reboot as a all changes to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh or init.d

My plan was to try un-root and try re-rooting the device via another method/flashable zip but so far no luck to remove the changes made..

:s
2nd April 2014, 10:19 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
that seems odd, since it should be calling the r/w mod every time the device boots, giving you r/w priv's. sorry, don't know what to tell ya then. like i said, everything i know has come from reading, since i don't own it. just remember that the M7's system being write protected and it was annoying to get around it.
3rd April 2014, 03:16 AM |#27  
Flag Hurricane, WV
Thanks Meter: 716

More
Return to Stock
Considering purchasing this device :

After using this tool kit to root and install a custom recovery is there an option within the tool kit to "return to stock" to allowing for returning the device to the AT&T or other ?

Thanks
3rd April 2014, 03:28 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orland Park, Illinois
Thanks Meter: 9,805

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r5ingh

You can unroot it from the SuperSU app. You get the Tampered flag when you flash a custom recovery and/or kernel. That's normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursiveQ

thanks for the reply, i already ended the task for ADB and even rebooted the computer a few times to restart the whole process. still device not detected. any ideas?

What version of Windows are you on? 7? 8? 8.1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssith

R/W must be added to the ROM. Stock doesn't include it, but custom ROMs like ARHD usually have it enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrompton

Considering purchasing this device :

After using this tool kit to root and install a custom recovery is there an option within the tool kit to "return to stock" to allowing for returning the device to the AT&T or other ?

Thanks

The closes to returning to stock is by restoring the backup that was made from recovery. There is no official RUU that you can flash (That I know of at least).
The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hasoon2000 Ad-Free
3rd April 2014, 06:02 AM |#29  

More
hi. i'm on windows 7. cant seem to get it to detect!
3rd April 2014, 06:08 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CursiveQ

hi. i'm on windows 7. cant seem to get it to detect!

Did you install the HTC USB-Driver?
3rd April 2014, 06:09 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaked

Did you install the HTC USB-Driver?

i installed the HTC drivers.exe, and turned on usb debugging. is there a separate driver i need to install?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)