Jelly Bean OTA - Post All JB related annoucements Here- All others will be Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

JGuinan007

Jun 1, 2010
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Looks like jumping ship to the GT-N7000 was a fantastic decision! Keeping my hopes up you guys actually get JB sometime down the line, I learned alot around the the i717 parts of this forum. In case you have the option, the International Note has a pretty awesome development backing and the numerous amounts of official stock JB leaks means there are many great roms running multiwindow and all that jazz. I am loving it :laugh:

Francesco Gregory Guerra do you miss NFC, or LTE? I have thought about switching also but LTE is just so much faster than 3g. NFC is not as big a deal as I thought it would be. The LTE was the only thing holding me back.

DesignGrits

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
hmm, I wish the trade section was open. I have been wanting to go to the N7000 since it came out. I am on T-Mobile so either way I am running 3g or 4g and 90% of my days are in a wifi area so it doesn't bother me. Also I love the home buttom, rather have no buttons at all like the GN but thats not an option.

fguerra024

Aug 2, 2012
Toronto
Francesco Gregory Guerra do you miss NFC, or LTE? I have thought about switching also but LTE is just so much faster than 3G. NFC is not as big a deal as I thought it would be. The LTE was the only thing holding me back.

For me, I don't miss NFC or LTE at all. The main thing I use data for on my phone is Google Play Music and Netflix. Both of those apps function just fine using 3G/HSPA+. The only thing I liked about LTE was the ability to download a new rom release in a matter of seconds, even while out and about. But even on a 6GB data plan on Rogers, I still would cut it really close using the mentioned apps and downloading roms on LTE.

I was using Padwan v7 and other 7005 base roms before I sold my i717, so NFC wasn't even enabled. I found 7005 base roms to be much snappier than AT&T or Rogers base ICS roms. The only thing I had looked forward to using NFC for was if Google Wallet became available in Canada. It still hasn't, so NFC really had no purpose on my phone anyways. If i want to send a picture to somebody I can just send it to them over Facebook messenger.

With the GT-N7000
-Better roms (many based off of Stock JB leaks)
-Dedicated Home button
-Processor achieves better benchmark results
-On board sound is supposed to be better than i717 (I believe it is a Yamaha chip)
-You get a radio, which is actually quite a nice little add-on. Better than NFC, dare I say it :silly:

With the i717
-LTE, if you have unlimited data or just like downloads to complete very quickly, this can be a real draw
-No dedicated Home button can be a plus to some
-Official JB release is really being dragged out like crazy

I haven't noticed any real difference in battery life between the two. Like I said, I am very happy with my decision to jump ship. The positives of N7000 greatly outweighed the positives of staying with the i717. Just my opinion.

edit: How do you know my full name? Kind of creepy. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: freeyayo50

Shirokishi

Jul 13, 2011
need my i717 for the UMTS bandwidths. Makes me feel like i should have stuck with my old S2X or gone with a nexus.

B

btswein

Even if they knew, AT&T nor Samsung would tell you. You will get the general "we cannot speculate at this time."

Last edited:

chiikko561

May 27, 2010
WEST PALM BEACH
This is crazy I need it lol jellybean is so smooth official on my Xoom and nexus 7 I know I will like way more on note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk HD

vanemburghj

Dec 17, 2010
Just checked the Samsung USA web page and.......

Absolutely zero reference to our Note getting the Jelly Bean update with any service provider. However, the good news is, the Galaxy SIII, Nexus and Nexus S 4G all have their Jelly Bean update. Lucky them..........

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00050212&fm_seq=55187

Like I said before hard to keep hope alive, when you know that it will never come.......Still would like to see if Rodgers receives it as many folks have posted the Rogers web page showing end of month Feb.

Would be nice, but in my opinion they won't receive it either, it will just drop off the web page like it did on the Samsung USA site. Leaving us with what we have being as good as it gets.

willmaister

Oct 17, 2012
please people lets not give up hope..

If u have lost hope in getting the update why dont you just keep ur opinions to yourself instead of making those that have hope loose hope..if we wait and dont get an update by end of feb, we can start an online petition because it doesnt make sense for the other version of the note 1 to get a jelly bean update while d American and Canadian version wont, its not just right..So if u av lost hope pls just keep shot n probably go buy another device because the few of us left are ready to stand up for what is right!!!

Last edited:

vanemburghj

Dec 17, 2010
If u have lost hope in getting the update why dont you just keep ur opinions to yourself instead of making those that have hope loose hope..if we wait and dont get an update by end of feb, we can start an online petition because it doesnt make sense for the other version of the note 1 to get a jelly bean update while d American and Canadian version wont, its not just right..So if u av lost hope pls just keep shot n probably go buy another device because the few of us left are ready to stand up for what is right!!!

Well I if dashed your hopes guess that means you saw a glimmer of truth in what I posted. Like I said before our Note at one point was on the JB update list. However if you think a petition would have an affect, if it comes too it, I will sign it. Would, if needed, like to see if it really does make a difference. Now to support you and re-inflate your hopes, am hoping that it does not come to that, and all goes well at of Feb with JB update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the moderator/OP

To all in this thread...... stay on topic........ post respectfully
    .......do not post personal attacks or others off topic commentary

FOLLOW THE REQUEST OF THE MODERATORS.........

~~~ Thank you ......... ~~~ oka1

Hello All , Jelly Bean Has Landed.

So, in order to prevent mass competing threads about the same thing, Please Post ALL JELLY BEAN Announcements, OTA related items and download links in here.

It will keep the Forum better organized.

Thank you, Moderators
    It doesn't matter. It will still be using a Frankenstein kernel subject to random reboots and no project butter if/until kernel source is released.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

the kernel is a 3.0.60 kernel and its running better then any 4.1.2 kernel fyi :p
    ive been running the build a solid 2 hours now *screen on whole time* i havent had any flicker, stutter, reboot, what i have had is absolute butter response and zero lag, and absolutely fluid animations.

so your theory is invalid :p
    From the moderator

This Thread has outlasted it usefulness..... and since I am the OP.........
    I think
    it is time to Close it......... Thank you all for contributing

........THREAD CLOSED...........
    2nd Warning....I will ask, that Members NOT test me, you will lose.

Thread Cleaned, Thank You.