[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 06/02/13)

Search This thread

LfnsR

Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 03/18/13)

After flashing the modem and changing the APN, and rebooting, I am seeing a 3G icon and occasionally it switches to 4G but goes back to 3G. Is this normal? I'm running Jedi-X12. It seems to be doing this even with other modems.

EDIT: Or could it be just an outdated MicroSIM card? I'm using a MicroSIM card I got for free off T-Mobile.com a while ago. Would maybe using the SIM that came with the phone be better?

Fyi... JediX-X12 gives you the true signal vs stock will pretty much give you 4G most of the time. From my experience, the speeds haven't been affected - get the same regardless of what it shows.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk!

Reactions: brian117

KLPFL

Jul 25, 2009
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 03/18/13)

Question. I am on jedi x12. I flashed the mb4 modem but it doesn't show me the option for LTE under the network. What am I doing wrong. Thanks

May the Force be with you!!!

KLPFL

Jul 25, 2009

I don't think flashing just the modem will give you the LTE menu choice nor the LTE notification icon. That stuff is usually baked into the ROM.

Ptmr3 mentioned that th international base is built in with LTE. With the new modem would that trigger it.

CLopez92868

Jul 11, 2009
OC, CA
Ptmr3 mentioned that th international base is built in with LTE. With the new modem would that trigger it.

No. T-Mobile needs to turn the switch ON. Some towers are on, but most are testing still.

I'm running MB4 ROM with the latest kernel & modem and I can't get LTE yet. It's not on in my area yet.

MERK77

Mar 19, 2009
NYC
firmware link being seeded

hey guys to help with the download speed i am seeding the new firmware please seed it so the download speed can get better just download the attachment you need a torrent downloader

sorry about that guys was told to take out the file

Last edited:

KLPFL

Jul 25, 2009

No. T-Mobile needs to turn the switch ON. Some towers are on, but most are testing still.

I'm running MB4 ROM with the latest kernel & modem and I can't get LTE yet. It's not on in my area yet.

I understand that part that tmobile has to turn it on. So does that mean once it's turned on in my area then I will see the LTE option under network?

CLopez92868

Jul 11, 2009
OC, CA
I understand that part that tmobile has to turn it on. So does that mean once it's turned on in my area then I will see the LTE option under network?

If you have a ROM with LTE cooked into it. Like MB4 or any other will take advantage of it. I'm running Teshxx MB4 Deoxeded rom, running great so far. Once LTE is on in my area I should start seeing the LTE words under 4G in the phone screen. Until then, 4G signal only.

Hope it helps.

KLPFL

Jul 25, 2009

If you have a ROM with LTE cooked into it. Like MB4 or any other will take advantage of it. I'm running Teshxx MB4 Deoxeded rom, running great so far. Once LTE is on in my area I should start seeing the LTE words under 4G in the phone screen. Until then, 4G signal only.

Hope it helps.

Big time. Thanks

Reactions: CLopez92868

christian666

Apr 26, 2011
Regarding the following:

T889UVBMB4:_(4.1.2) (03/18/13) <--- Newest

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem

-----------------------------------------------------------

If I flash either factory image, odexed , deodexed.

will I lose my rooted?
-------- if not-----
which version odexed or deodeoxed, would be best to get rip off float ware?

-----------------------------------
also if I upgrade via OTA will loose my root correct?

Screenshot_2013-03-22-13-05-00-1.png

Last edited:

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010

Regarding the following:

T889UVBMB4:_(4.1.2) (03/18/13) <--- Newest

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem

-----------------------------------------------------------

If I flash either factory image, odexed , deodexed.

will I lose my rooted?
-------- if not-----
which version odexed or deodeoxed, would be best to get rip off float ware?

The odexed and deodexed are both rooted (you have to flash all three parts)

The full stock image is not rooted

Reactions: christian666

Top Liked Posts