[Questions/Troubleshooting][ROM][OFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 11 Nightlies

Search This thread

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
Just another Q,

Had an issue with the tablet not falling into deep sleep and WIFI remaining active despite set to never. Not sure as to why.

Could this be down to me enabling the setting of any button on the keyboard wakes the device?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Well last night over 8 hours I lost 2% so it seems okay in regards to usual.

Another q, will the list of unsupported but working kernels and roms be updated?

Yes,I will update it ,but there's no compatible kernel or Data2SD for the current nightly.But I have another surprise for you,which I think will make some users very happy. ;)

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
Yes,I will update it ,but there's no compatible kernel or Data2SD for the current nightly.But I have another surprise for you,which I think will make some users very happy. ;)

Excitement ensues.!

Haha thanks for answering the Q's it must get tedious but still appreciate it!

Is the IPS+ built into the brightness scale as I presume it is?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Excitement ensues.!

Haha thanks for answering the Q's it must get tedious but still appreciate it!

Is the IPS+ built into the brightness scale as I presume it is?

I will quote dasunrule32 on this : "IPS+ is just a fancy name for brightness " :D
So yes ,when your brightness is set on the higher values is like the stock ROM with IPS+ enabled.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
Those of you who aren't having issues with your tab, which launchers are you using? Do you have Lookout installed?

I did a factory reset because I was having the same performance issues before the new kernel, and I'm still getting them. My benchmark scores were pretty close to what some of you were getting so I don't think it's a defective tab, and I'm hoping its just an app. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing which app it is, so I'm hoping that if any of you are having sluggish performance we could post screenshots/lists of the apps we have installed, in the hopes of finding a common enemy.

On a side note: OMG what did google do with the play store theme!! What were they thinking:confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-39-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-39-49.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-40-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-40-11.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-40-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-04-27-10-40-19.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 115

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Those of you who aren't having issues with your tab, which launchers are you using? Do you have Lookout installed?

I did a factory reset because I was having the same performance issues before the new kernel, and I'm still getting them. My benchmark scores were pretty close to what some of you were getting so I don't think it's a defective tab, and I'm hoping its just an app. Unfortunately I have no way of knowing which app it is, so I'm hoping that if any of you are having sluggish performance we could post screenshots/lists of the apps we have installed, in the hopes of finding a common enemy.

On a side note: OMG what did google do with the play store theme!! What were they thinking:confused:

IMHO the only way to find wich app/s is to blame you must do a clean install and restore your apps one by one (i know,hard work ).

EDIT: Updated the OP with the TabletUI MOD

Last edited:
Reactions: KinetiClutch

deathgod1

Feb 1, 2011
IMHO the only way to find wich app/s is to blame you must do a clean install and restore your apps one by one (i know,hard work ).

EDIT: Updated the OP with the TabletUI MOD

I've done clean installs before to try and find out which app it is causing the problem but never could. The reason being is that sometimes the tab appears to be working as it should, as it shows no symptoms of sluggishness or performance hiccups, then seemingly randomly it acts up.:(

I've think I've narrowed it down to something causing mmcqd/0 to be high every time I get a performance issue, but I don't have the tech knowledge to actually find out which app/s are accesing the internal storage at those times.

Do you know of any programs/apps that show what is accessing the internal storage (that's easy to understand)?

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
What is a safe temperature range? Only saying this as playing a game just was getting around 55 dergrees CPU temperatures.

Also does anyone know if mod's like cross breeder & bravia engine will work on 10.1?

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
What is a safe temperature range? Only saying this as playing a game just was getting around 55 dergrees CPU temperatures.

Also does anyone know if mod's like cross breeder & bravia engine will work on 10.1?

IIRC both tweaks should work on CM and on stock deodexed roms.Do some research here on XDA and you will find their original threads with all the info you need and download links.
But remember,if you decide to use those tweaks,or other tweaks&mods bug reports will almost certain get ignored.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: KinetiClutch

Rand Brittain

Aug 3, 2012
I've formatted my MicroSD card to exFAT and am having trouble unmounting and remounting it. (Even with root access on, CM File Manager is telling me that it can't do it.) Can someone give me a quick rundown of the correct procedure?

Top Liked Posts