[APP][2.2+] Scientific 7 Minute Workout

Search This thread

dole_95

May 1, 2006
Hi!

I just bought the Pro-version :) Really nice app, I haven't found any bugs with my Galaxy Note 2, I can try it with my S3 if you like?

I have a feature-request though. It would be nice if you could add an extra exercise that you can switch with one of the standard exercises. The reason for why I want this feature is that I use the app before I go to work and I don't think my neighbours appreciate that I'm jumping 7am in the morning ;)

And as kriko said, it would be nice if you could lower all other sounds (example music-playback) when the app is speaking.

Best regards,
dole

Reactions: kriko

5nak3

Sep 18, 2012
Hi!
I have a feature-request though. It would be nice if you could add an extra exercise that you can switch with one of the standard exercises. The reason for why I want this feature is that I use the app before I go to work and I don't think my neighbours appreciate that I'm jumping 7am in the morning ;)

While I would also like to swap some exercises out for the same reasons as you, I had a look at the science behind the 7 minute workout and if I'm not mistaken the exercises given here are the ones which the research teams used.

What I've decided to do instead is to modify the exercises myself, so instead of jumping jacks I'm doing a set of spiderman pressups. I simply use the timer and voice commands to swap to the next exercise and for the most part ignore the pictures.

LMR1200

Dec 14, 2010
Downloaded and tried. Works great! I felt good afterwards, even after 7 minutes. Great UI also. Will be using it daily as of now...

LMR1200

Dec 14, 2010
After using it a while, I have some suggestions for future release;
- show a picture of the next exercise, so less experienced can prepare faster
- add more workouts (with online sync for future updates)
- automatically change workout schedule after x workouts to intensify workouts

Will keep using your workouts! :)

Reactions: dlt0rre

Bronto9

Jul 9, 2012
Milano
OnePlus 9 Pro
It would be great to have screen rotation. I use this app on a tablet, and i prefer not to use the audio instructions.
I keep my tablet on a stand, so that i can watch it easily, but the stand is made to use the tablet in landscape mode

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LMR1200

Dec 14, 2010
@AggieDev any progress on future releases (see my previous post for some ideas)? It has been quiet for some time now and I would be sad if this great app will loose interest of the crowd.....

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
It would be great to have screen rotation. I use this app on a tablet, and i prefer not to use the audio instructions.
I keep my tablet on a stand, so that i can watch it easily, but the stand is made to use the tablet in landscape mode

Exactly
Don't know why applications can't let you rotate if you want. This is the third workout program I've downloaded and none of them allow to go into landscape mode. I don't get it.

kriko

Apr 9, 2008
Would it be possible in a future update to keep the app running, while the screen is locked?

I pretty much know the routine by now so I lock my phone in my pocket and listen to voice to know where am I at exercise.
This way with screen locked, I can additionally control music playback with touch of a button, instead of pulling down the drawer and selecting appropriate action.

AggieDev

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2013
I had to thought about that but I'll see what I can do!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kriko

Gu$houn*

Dec 10, 2010
Prague
Hello,
weird issue showed up today, I finished my workout /2 series/ and let the app on the pop up if I want to continue and was chilling, then a call came and after I ended it, the app asked a couple of times to that same question and when I went to the log screen, there is 12 times for today instead of 2, what could it be caused by?
I'm running pro version and upgraded few days ago as you see on the screen, on the free version this never happened. Could app cache wipe solve it?
I'm running purity rom /android 4.4.2/ at nexus 4.

Thanks.

P.
[sntfrmnxs4]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399277555572.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399277555572.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 162

DroidErang

Jul 4, 2013
Hello,
weird issue showed up today, I finished my workout /2 series/ and let the app on the pop up if I want to continue and was chilling, then a call came and after I ended it, the app asked a couple of times to that same question and when I went to the log screen, there is 12 times for today instead of 2, what could it be caused by?
I'm running pro version and upgraded few days ago as you see on the screen, on the free version this never happened. Could app cache wipe solve it?
I'm running purity rom /android 4.4.2/ at nexus 4.

Thanks.

P.
[sntfrmnxs4]
No problems for me here!

Klausi

Aug 30, 2004
Black Forrest, Germany
Hi, I'm not sure if this app is still under development.
After I upgraded my Nexus 7 with CM12 the app refuses to work anymore. There is just a blank a white screen than the usual welcome screen.
Could you please have a look at it or tell us if you're no longer developing? Thanks a lot,

Cheers
Klaus

Khizar Ali

Sep 3, 2014
Lahore
Great application

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Hey man when material design is coming :p :)

AggieDev

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 2, 2013
Hi, I'm not sure if this app is still under development.
After I upgraded my Nexus 7 with CM12 the app refuses to work anymore. There is just a blank a white screen than the usual welcome screen.
Could you please have a look at it or tell us if you're no longer developing? Thanks a lot,

Cheers
Klaus
It is still under development, although admittedly updates haven't been coming for a while now because of newer projects.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my new 7 minute workout app this I just released today, Scientific 7 Minute Workout. I would love to get some feedback if I could!

Google Play link

Link to actual APK

FOkwbRI.png

What is the 7 Minute Workout?
    If you don't know what the 7 minute workout is, its a workout based on a recent fitness science journal that says instead of having to work out a minimum of 20-30 minutes a day at medium intensity, you can do it in 7 minutes a day as long as the workout is high-intensity.

Why make this app?
    Now why make this app if there are several others that are based on this workout? I myself use this workout and have used both 7-min.com and several android apps, but none included all of the features that I wanted if I am actually going to take the workout seriously when using it. I made sure to include:

• Scrolling up and down during an exercise to be able to select other exercises in the workout and switch to them. I am tired of every single 7-minute workout being based on one workout per screen, it simply doesn't make sense for a workout exercise and is too restrictive.
    • Workout logging. This, I feel, is essential to ANY workout app, yet only 1 implementation of the exercise that I've seen includes it, and even that one doesn't show how many times that day you have done the workout, which is odd seeing as the exercise is to be completed 2-3 times each time once you get good at it. This app tracks each day you do the workout, how many times you have done it to completion, and in the options you can set whether you want it to log your workout if you skip forward at all or not.
    • Voice to guide you through the workout. Due to the nature of this app being a workout app, you most likely don't want to be looking at the screen the whole entire time, just when you want to see an update of what you're doing. The voice tells you when to start workouts and how long to rest for.
    • Customize how long you want the breaks to be.
    • Progress bar for not only the current workout, but for the entire exercise as well. This is surprisingly not included in most if not all apps that I used.

I just released the app today, so any suggestions would be great to hear!!

YN2wPbJ.png
    DnPAcOW.png
    iCdRsia.png

DpF4fOT.png
    axLliAp.png
    pTWkEIU.png
    Like this idea. However, can you suggest another exercise to replace the chair steps? I have low ceilings and cannot perform these inside.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

The main focus of the chair steps is to workout the legs, so if low ceilings are a problem you can replace it with more squats
    This looks great! Nice work with the UI.

Google Play link (free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.workoutfree

Google Play link (paid): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scientific7

Sent from ThePureHeart's I9300 Boss Edition
    I'd like in spanish... will help you with the translation, just confirm where to send it.

regards
    Hi there,

Just wanted to stop by and say that I downloaded the app as I'm always looking for different exercises to add to my routine and shake things up a bit. Overall really impressed by it, so well done on that front!

I did notice a couple of small issues on my end though I thought to feedback for future fixes:

• Some of the elements do not seem to align properly on my end (HTC Desire running Gingerbread), this is the case across the entire app, but I only took a screenshot of the start screen to give you an idea of what I'm seeing.
    • The other issue is to do with the loading bar which is shown during the exercises. On my end this is coming up as an elliptical loading animation, I'm sure this is the fault of my rom rather than the app itself, but I wasn't sure if there was anything you could do on your end to force a particular loading bar style within the app to avoid the graphical anomalies.

As far as the loading bar, this is not an issue with your rom, it is an issue of me using a loading bar that is exclusive to 4.0+, and for some reason instead of getting an error and crashing, it uses an ellipse that rotates. This is currently being worked on for my next bug fix release :)

Also, this UI elements not lining up properly are due to me primarily testing on my Galaxy S3 and a Tablet, not on smaller screens, so I am planning on releasing an option in the Settings to check for smaller screens that will hopefully correct this.

KEEP THE BUGS COMING PEOPLE! :) I can use all the help I can get and you guys are making it that easier for me to identify what to fix for my next update.