Working WM 6.1 - UPDATE! 13/04/2008

Search This thread

Lurchy24

Dec 14, 2007

Thanks to everyone for all the hard work. I'm not technical with my phone but want to keep up to date with the new ROM. Are there step by step instructions detailing how to update my phone? Once again, thank you to everyone for putting this together.

Surfboomerang

Jan 24, 2008
Could be a placebo effect, but the device seems to respond faster.

Only problem here... Wifi.
I turned it on, configured my network. The device connects and... BAM Wlan turned off.
Can't get it on now, because it auto connects when i turn it on and then switches to off immediately.

mpattonm

Jan 24, 2008
Pardubice
My observations (most of them obvious):
- Startup HTC logo and green circle MobileWindows logo bitmap replaced with default ones on first boot, HTC logo is back after setup.
- Pictures and videos do not open fom main home screen. Thumbnails do display thought
- Pictures and videos do open from main menu, but no pics in grid view. Seems like it points to incorrect folder (MS default possibly)?
- WiFi works perfectly for me
- Welcome center shortcut in recent program list menu points to nowhere (probably leftover only)
- Phone no longer vibrates on power-on
- Default home adress is not set in Internet explorer
- Free memory is now 16,936 KB (used to be 11,311 KB)
- Phone IS more responsive indeed
- I did not miss HTC home single second :) (Its there but not selected as default)
- Windows update do not seem to be working (take hours to finish)
Update 21:30
- Entire "Edit" menu in File Explorer is disabled - grayed out (?!?) - files I was able to delete with factory ROM (i.e. Startup folder contents) are now protected
- I do not seem to find any refference to Office One Note
- Phone boots significantly faster

Otherwise - GREAT JOB MAN!!!

Last edited:

Surfboomerang

Jan 24, 2008
what the....!?! I pulled out my USB cable and suddenly my Wifi turned on and is working.

I turned off my wifi and reconnected the USB cable, but my activesync does nothing

nielswillems

May 19, 2007
Stein
Thankyou Thankyou!!

Alcaline, Arpy, other guys,

Naaaaaaaais work!!! :D
Thank you thank you.

Works fine to me, also wifi
10Mb more free rom space,
ram is the same.

I have also the placebo effect with the speed :p
seems me a little faster.

One little thing, the keybord driver (phone en qwerty) have a little bit longer to load.
- with startup (few seconds to wait before I can typ my simcode)
- when switching from keybord to other keybord (by typing sms).

Nothing to annoy me on.

Great Great work.

Thank you..

phailo

Mar 11, 2007
Hey guys,

what a wonderful news. My questions/wishes:

1) What about stability?
2) What about Bluetooth? Any problems noticed?
3) What about few screenshots?

Again THANKS!!!

Alcaline

Dec 26, 2007
My observations (most of them obvious):
- Startup HTC logo and green circle MobileWindows logo bitmap replaced with default ones on first boot, HTC logo is back after setup.
- Pictures and videos do not open fom main home screen. Thumbnails do display thought -Your right, will look into this
- Pictures and videos do open from main menu, but no pics in grid view. Seems like it points to incorrect folder (MS default possibly)? -It seems like it finds the pictures but does not display them..strange..
- WiFi works perfectly for me - Good
- Welcome center shortcut in recent program list menu points to nowhere (probably leftover only) - Yes, forgot to delete the .lnk file.
- Phone no longer vibrates on power-on
- Default home adress is not set in Internet explorer
- Free memory is now 16,936 KB (used to be 11,311 KB) - I also find more free ram, and it frees up memory after programs are closed more effectivly
- Phone IS more responsive indeed
- I did not miss HTC home single second :) (Its there but not selected as default) - Good, thats why I set the slidingpanels as default. HTC home is booring after this :)
- Windows update do not seem to be working (take hours to finish)
Update 21:30 - I noticed this to.. dont know why, it does not give any error message..
- Entire "Edit" menu in File Explorer is disabled - grayed out (?!?) - files I was able to delete with factory ROM (i.e. Startup folder contents) are now protected - Strange, my Edit menu works fine.
- I do not seem to find any refference to Office One Note
- Phone boots significantly faster

Otherwise - GREAT JOB MAN!!!

Thanks for good feedback! :)

chrilleberg

Mar 13, 2007
Tried this and it is working good. Question, how do you do a hard reset after applying this ROM? I did some chages to the keyboard layout and now I can't unlock, types the wrong keys :mad:

/Chrille

phailo

Mar 11, 2007
Tried this and it is working good. Question, how do you do a hard reset after applying this ROM? I did some chages to the keyboard layout and now I can't unlock, types the wrong keys :mad:

/Chrille

If you hardreset, you are just "re-applying" current ROM. So if you uploaded this one, you just re-apply this one (I mean this Beta). If you want to change back to previous, you have to upload it (=flash it) into your wings.

SJ@XDA-IIs

Jan 31, 2005
Great Job!

I like it a lot. Not much problems except for the minor problems already mentioned.

I managed to solve the Picture Viewer problem. Just install the attached CAB file to the Wings. I also include the 'scroll menu' fix with the CAB.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• SJ_Image_ScrollMenu_Fix.zip
    159.3 KB · Views: 264

Top Liked Posts