How to Flash MOTOROLA DROID to Cricket: 2.2 Froyo FULL apps,web,mms

Search This thread

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
Flash Moto Droid to Cricket / Metro full apps, web,mms.

This is my attempt to recreate the solution from Howard Forums

i may have missed a few steps along the way but here it goes. as of 08/02/2010 - make directory now for 2.2 roms

FILES FOR FLASHING TO CRICKET (U2nl,PRL's,Autostart,SPRecovery,NV items)

Special thanks and credit should go to
SyZtyM (i recreated his thred for XDA)
gijoey1980
Tracphonejunkie
whiterabittorg
To0
Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due**AS read from SyZtyM)
Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)

You will need:
1. CDMA WS 2.7 (google)
2.Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days
3. Motorola A855 USB drivers (These are the 32bit Drivers)
4. Cyanogen Mod Rom from Rom Manager in market
5. SPRecovery
6&7.Autostart.sh & U2nl from whitrabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.
8.download Autostart (Root) from Market
9. NV items from http://www.whiterabbit.org/android (u must generate this uniquely with you mdn@mycricket.com i have included a generated xxx@mycricket.com.text for sample or to replace x's with you MDN

Step 1. First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.

You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Step 2. if you need to ROOT: follow the guide
than download Rom manager over wifi from MARKET, proceed to flash clockwork and download and install cyanogen 5.xx rom, and google apps..wipe data etc.

Step 2.1 if first fails. get RSD Lite 4.6 (google), Power on phone holding down the up arrow and pressing power, this will put you into bootloader mode.
Open RSD Lite 4.6
Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite.
this should just flash the recovery if not download a rom like SMOKEDGLASS unzip and put in folder on SD named Nandroid

Once the phone is completely rebooted into rooted android, power it off.
alternately u can install BuglessBeast froyo v 02.1 from alldroid.org then skip to these steps below

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port (your drivers should install and connect etc)

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port 10 click connect. (For this tutorial we will use COM10)

Open CDMA WS 2.7 and (go to settings tab and deselect NV Enabled) then connect to COM10. if you dont deselect you will get PHONE FAILED ERRORS

On security tab send SPC 000000. (msg says phone accepts blah blah blah

Go to tab labeled “Other” and write prl. For Cricket EVDO, 6499(new service plan) and 38515 is recommended.

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN(6155555551@mycricket.com). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

Also select mobile ip+simple ip under MiP tab
select write to phone

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Username yourphonenumber@mycricket.com
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
cd c:\android\tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, mms, app, gps, and all. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

thanks everyone for reading.

i would also like to thank everyone who helped give back to the droid community by solving this, (I gave up and switched back to my eris for full support like a Beeach! which i bricked twice) im back on DROID baby

currently running BuglessBeast Froyo v 02.1 and the p3 1000 kernel.
quadrant score: 972

Last edited:

Geniusdog254

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2009
St. Louis
Open CDMA WS 2.7 and (go to settings tab and deselect NV Enabled) then connect to COM10. if you dont deselect you will get PHONE FAILED ERRORS

I get the phone failed error, but I don't see the NV Enabled option. Nor do I see the settings tab, where is that option?

Wolfdragon

Jul 4, 2007
charlotte, NC
ummm...flashed new rom...now no web,mms

ok, so im trying like hell to give this moto a shot. normally an htc fan. but the display, camera, and physical keyboard for the price was enticing. i did everything and got internet for a while. then i decided to load bugless' latest rom, now i have no web or mms. is there someting i have to redo??? knowing the norm with reflashes, i did the "open APNs" and redid everything there....but still no go. do i have to redo the Command prompts and the autostart download fr market?:confused:

*edit* did all the changes over...ALL. Still no web. if it helps any i did notice that i was unable to reprogam the phone using *228. it still works rite now (i guess based on the previous OTA), but it wont reprogram...i get "programming unsuccessful". I'M running PRLs 38003 & 6499 in Charlotte N.C. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

luvjones305

May 6, 2010
MIAMI,FL
i have a motorola droid on metropcs help me please awwwwwww!!!!

:confused: yes my phone was flashed on metropcs its a motorola droid 2.1 android (rooted) an i was deleting some files on my sd card today cuz it was too full an my phone rebooted all the way to the begining i had to look for a wifi connection to sign in my google ACCOUNT to use my phone again an i lost my internet connection an mms messaging but my phone still can text an make calls but my internet an mms i gone please help me to get it back on thanks

luvjones305

May 6, 2010
MIAMI,FL
somebody hit me up with the info

i need help with my phone i ned to put my mms on an internet back on i lost it when the phone reebooted but its still can text an call on metropcs android motorola droid 2.1 rooted

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
ok, so im trying like hell to give this moto a shot. normally an htc fan. but the display, camera, and physical keyboard for the price was enticing. i did everything and got internet for a while. then i decided to load bugless' latest rom, now i have no web or mms. is there someting i have to redo??? knowing the norm with reflashes, i did the "open APNs" and redid everything there....but still no go. do i have to redo the Command prompts and the autostart download fr market?:confused:

*edit* did all the changes over...ALL. Still no web. if it helps any i did notice that i was unable to reprogam the phone using *228. it still works rite now (i guess based on the previous OTA), but it wont reprogram...i get "programming unsuccessful". I'M running PRLs 38003 & 6499 in Charlotte N.C. any help would be greatly appreciated.
If your on 2.1 bugless you need to redo allthe steps for fully working rom, maybe for 2.2 also i havent had to for a while, only bcuz i have cricket and roam off metro.

:confused: yes my phone was flashed on metropcs its a motorola droid 2.1 android (rooted) an i was deleting some files on my sd card today cuz it was too full an my phone rebooted all the way to the begining i had to look for a wifi connection to sign in my google ACCOUNT to use my phone again an i lost my internet connection an mms messaging but my phone still can text an make calls but my internet an mms i gone please help me to get it back on thanks
you need to be more specific with wat u deleted?? which rom u ran? etc where did u get it flashed? most likey u went to a metro dealer, to get it flashed, METRO sent out a update a 3 weeks ago (7/06/2010) that DISABLED ALL Dealer added ESN's from Hoodini. so u may just be out of luck. i will search to see if thats been fixed or worked around.

i need help with my phone i ned to put my mms on an internet back on i lost it when the phone reebooted but its still can text an call on metropcs android motorola droid 2.1 rooted

what market are you in? who flashed your phone? quoted from above "METRO sent out a update a 3 weeks ago (7/06/2010) that DISABLED ALL Dealer added ESN's from Hoodini. so u may just be out of luck. i will search to see if thats been fixed or worked around. "

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
Metro Fix Web/mms

"[/QUOTE] "METRO sent out a update a 3 weeks ago (7/06/2010) that DISABLED ALL Dealer added ESN's from Hoodini. so u may just be out of luck. i will search to see if thats been fixed or worked around. "[/QUOTE]
For anyone having trouble with MMs/web on METRO please check out this thread. read from pg one if you dont know whats going on. or pick up here if you can perform the web/mms work around.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1656326-Phones-and-more-info/page11

iNFiNiTY125

Mar 12, 2010
Scottsdale
Grr

This is a great! Thank you for the instructions!

I am having one problum tho, and its very annyoing!!

When i first turn on my fone everything works internet+MMS+GPS+TXT+CALLS everything!

then when i recive or send a text or call (Anything that has to use 1X i think) I loose Internet+MMS and GPS

the only way it comes back is if i restart my fone!

dose anyone have any ideas? did i do somthing wrong? Please help.

I have a idea i know its possible on some phones to switch it so texts use 3G insted of 1x. Could i switch that on my droid?

Oh and im running bugless beast 2.2

tko1

Jun 9, 2008
good tutorial im just stuck at the step its written a little unclear im a moto newb unfortunately

""if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

select write to phone""

i have downloaded cdma 2.7, nothing was stated about qpst in the necessary tools but i downloaded that too afterwards, and its not clear where i should go at this point after the initial reboot. are these directions for cdma2.7 or qpst? help???

dortega2388

Aug 7, 2010
Hello sorry in advanced for the newbie question. My Moto Droid is already flashed to cricket. If I wanted to manually install 2.2 would I have to start with all steps or just from the 2.2 install?

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
This is a great! Thank you for the instructions!

I am having one problum tho, and its very annyoing!!

When i first turn on my fone everything works internet+MMS+GPS+TXT+CALLS everything!

then when i recive or send a text or call (Anything that has to use 1X i think) I loose Internet+MMS and GPS

the only way it comes back is if i restart my fone!

dose anyone have any ideas? did i do somthing wrong? Please help.

I have a idea i know its possible on some phones to switch it so texts use 3G insted of 1x. Could i switch that on my droid?

Oh and im running bugless beast 2.2

from my understanding, cdma networks calls and text dont go through data connections, so when u place a call it will switch only to bars and no 1x/3g.
MMS and web will only work when not connected to a call ( i think thats what your stating??) ive never had a problem with data connection not coming back to phone after a call.... hopefully i answered your questions? and gps shouldnt be bothered at all that may be a rom issue. try a few roms other that bugless beast thats basically a stock ROM look into lithium mod or Chevyno1

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
good tutorial im just stuck at the step its written a little unclear im a moto newb unfortunately

""if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

select write to phone""

i have downloaded cdma 2.7, nothing was stated about qpst in the necessary tools but i downloaded that too afterwards, and its not clear where i should go at this point after the initial reboot. are these directions for cdma2.7 or qpst? help???

hello, lets see i believe this was originally the instructions to get the data working. so you needed QPST to enter in the passcode "cricket"....it just depends what rom you have. if you flash a rom and your data doesnt work then u will have to enter those settings in qpst. after entering those your data should work.

bigslanki

Jul 18, 2009
Hello sorry in advanced for the newbie question. My Moto Droid is already flashed to cricket. If I wanted to manually install 2.2 would I have to start with all steps or just from the 2.2 install?

you should be fine with the NV items. after you flash 2.2 dial 611 (you may need to reflash PRL, and then from there i would give your phone about a 2minutes to see if any 1x/3g show up. if not commence with the instructions lol.

tko1

Jun 9, 2008
hello, lets see i believe this was originally the instructions to get the data working. so you needed QPST to enter in the passcode "cricket"....it just depends what rom you have. if you flash a rom and your data doesnt work then u will have to enter those settings in qpst. after entering those your data should work.

thanks for the reply, well i had all but given up on my droid dreams and i figured out on my own that they were QPST directions but were missing this important piece. QPST 2.7 WITH A OLDER BUILD LIKE 264 WILL NOT CONFIGURE THE DROID,IT GIVES AND ONLINE ERROR. YOU SHOULD USE AN UPDATED VERSION. I ENDED UP FINDING 2.7 BUILD 323.

Also. its unclear as to why in the adb commands we have

Now:
adb shell
it may be obvious to some but if Now: is an actual command it wouldnt work. so im assuming it isnt, and pretty much adb after that point is irreconcilable.

no matter what the droid never left the verizon network needless to say, and i havent recieved any input as to where i could have gone wrong, everything else was flawless up until the Now: part basically then i had to piece together adb. even tried without the now part and didnt succeed. :mad:
:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash Moto Droid to Cricket / Metro full apps, web,mms.

This is my attempt to recreate the solution from Howard Forums

i may have missed a few steps along the way but here it goes. as of 08/02/2010 - make directory now for 2.2 roms

FILES FOR FLASHING TO CRICKET (U2nl,PRL's,Autostart,SPRecovery,NV items)

Special thanks and credit should go to
    SyZtyM (i recreated his thred for XDA)
    gijoey1980
    Tracphonejunkie
    whiterabittorg
    To0
    Insaincain (For the nv items. You are a legend, and credit is due where credit is due**AS read from SyZtyM)
    Admin (For all sites. PERIOD)

You will need:
    1. CDMA WS 2.7 (google)
    2.Harware Virtural Serial Port this is the demo good for 14days
    3. Motorola A855 USB drivers (These are the 32bit Drivers)
    4. Cyanogen Mod Rom from Rom Manager in market
    5. SPRecovery
    6&7.Autostart.sh & U2nl from whitrabbit.org (thanks to whiterabbit). Save autostart.sh and U2nl in C:\android\tools\.
    8.download Autostart (Root) from Market
    9. NV items from http://www.whiterabbit.org/android (u must generate this uniquely with you mdn@mycricket.com i have included a generated xxx@mycricket.com.text for sample or to replace x's with you MDN

Step 1. First step is to make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer, and you also need to have Android SDK installed on your computer.

You will need to root the phone, key here is to make sure the kernel you load supports iptables.

Step 2. if you need to ROOT: follow the guide
    than download Rom manager over wifi from MARKET, proceed to flash clockwork and download and install cyanogen 5.xx rom, and google apps..wipe data etc.

Step 2.1 if first fails. get RSD Lite 4.6 (google), Power on phone holding down the up arrow and pressing power, this will put you into bootloader mode.
    Open RSD Lite 4.6
    Flash the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file with RSD Lite.
    this should just flash the recovery if not download a rom like SMOKEDGLASS unzip and put in folder on SD named Nandroid

Once the phone is completely rebooted into rooted android, power it off.
    alternately u can install BuglessBeast froyo v 02.1 from alldroid.org then skip to these steps below

Hold down “T” on the keypad and power on phone.

Plug into computer and open HW Virtual Serial Port (your drivers should install and connect etc)

In HWVS set the IP address to 192.168.16.2 and the port to 11008, choose the com port 10 click connect. (For this tutorial we will use COM10)

On security tab send SPC 000000. (msg says phone accepts blah blah blah

Go to tab labeled “Other” and write prl. For Cricket EVDO, 6499(new service plan) and 38515 is recommended.

Go to NAM and enter MIN ex. 615-555-5593 (usually different from your actual phone# and MDN(your mobile number ex. 615-555-5551 and click write.

Goto “Memory” tab and click write under NV items, find the downloaded NV items you got from here
    for example you must generate the NV items by inputing your MDN(6155555551@mycricket.com). box opens telling you to save them as .txt and select them with cdma 2.7. (Thanks again to insanecain)

It should then say, 12 NV items were successfully written to phone.

Go to Main tab and click mode reset.

You can now close HWVS and CDMA WS and open cmd.exe on your computer.

if you have QPST open it on the com port 10 read your settings. under MIP mip2,,PPP(Um,AN...etc it should say 6155555551@mycricket.com etc in the right columns....in the bottom box password may need to be written to phone, just type in cricket for both Um and An, cricket is the password.

select write to phone

Once phone reboots go to the market using WI-FI and download and install Autostart root required

Open the Voice Dialer on the phone and say “Open APNs” and click open.

Click on the Verizon and edit everything to match below:
    Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
    Port 8080
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310
    MNC 004
    Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
    APN type <Not set>

Now click the menu button and click Save.

Before starting the next step make sure you have the u2nl file in your this folder c:/android/tools and also that you have you autostart.sh file in this folder c:/

Now go to command prompt and type the following commands,
    cd c:\android\tools
    adb shell
    mkdir /data/opt/
    exit
    adb remount
    adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
    Now:
    adb shell
    chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
    chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
    adb reboot

Now, once your phone has rebooted, you should have working web, mms, app, gps, and all. If you don’t go back and check all the steps to insure you did everything exactly right.

thanks everyone for reading.

i would also like to thank everyone who helped give back to the droid community by solving this, (I gave up and switched back to my eris for full support like a Beeach! which i bricked twice) im back on DROID baby

currently running BuglessBeast Froyo v 02.1 and the p3 1000 kernel.
    quadrant score: 972
    LOL I'm good to everyone. The Droid X is my current phone.

I'm running the stock rom even though I do want to try out Apex. I've been on Rubix before and it crashed every once and a while.

Had to do some downgrading and upgrading to get on 2.3.340, but that's all good now.

For some reason I'm having to use Handcent in order to send picture mails. That's about it...

PM me if you need anything.
    You do have root access right? I'm pretty sure to push to this area you need it.

Anyways you can install from sd card the Cricket version 10 file located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=730289

That works well to get autostart and u2nl up and going.
    I have a question regarding the apn, I was using ultimate droid did the autostart thing changed the apn and data would work whenever it wanted I flashed bugless beast from rom manager and before I input the apn web was working fine, so are the apn settings for the 45 dollar plan or the android plan? Only thing I had to put was the mms settings, any input will be appreciated

When doing the APNs on a 55 dollar plan phone I don't put the proxy or port in the top section.

55 dollar plan config

Name - Cricket
    APN internet
    Proxy <blank>
    Port <blank>
    Password cricket
    Server wap.mycricket.com
    MMS Port 8080
    MCC 310