Touch screen Re-calibration

Search This thread

Atrixx

Jul 25, 2009
Melbourne
To the people of Turl's and Jokersax' CM9.

I have a touchscreen re-calibration app, I just tested it out and it seems to be working perfect. Don't hold me to it, but i think this is a pretty good temporary fix.

I'd love feedback, i didn't code this but after a few searches i was able to realize this is a universal fix for touchscreens that have been acting up.

Special thanks to gojimi. At least i hope.

Attachments

• TouchRecalibrate.apk
    29.4 KB · Views: 88,814

syngamer96

Feb 4, 2011
Singapore
Just a question, do we actually need touch calibration after flashing cm9? Cause AFAIK, when I tried the jokersax rom, the only problem I had was app incompatibility and APN errors...

syngamer96

Feb 4, 2011
Singapore
Ouh. Ok, didn't think it would happen... hope u don't think n
that I a newb thru this question, I'm well informed, just not very active due to sch...

matthew5025

Dec 23, 2010
that I a newb thru this question, I'm well informed, just not very active due to sch...

I know what you mean, sometimes homework takes away most of my time too. But just use CM9 as your daily driver, and you'll be well informed on any issues that will occur.

Reactions: krauzerII

David Guillot

Mar 31, 2012
Hi,

I have a software issue with my touchscreen :
1/ Got stock ROM, then CM7, then CM7-Neutrino-2.2 => screen was OK
2/ Installed CM9-Turl-v8 => an unresponsive horizontal line appeared, around 100px high
3/ Tried to come back to CM7, CM7-Neutrino, CM9-Joker-0.4 => bug still there
4/ Tried this calibration app, but couldn't click the button because it was under the unresponsive line, so turned the phone into landscape or upside-down to execute => bug still there
5/ Flashed PDS fix => bug still there, fear of a hardware issue
6/ Installed CM9-Joker-0.5 with awesome Installer => touch screen goes totally crazy (phantom-touches), BUT the line is finally responsive !! So, le wild idea appears
7/ Retried this calibration app, this time in the right way => SCREEN FINALLY OK !!!...
8/ ... For about 2 hours... Now my phone combines 2 issues : a new horizontal line is unresponsive (thinner than the old one), and crazy phantom-touches happen really often...

I was desperate, but now I know my problem is software, I see hope ! Am I the only one to have this problem ?

Thank you in advance

MrSaba

Jan 11, 2011
Tbilisi
Hi,

I have a software issue with my touchscreen :
1/ Got stock ROM, then CM7, then CM7-Neutrino-2.2 => screen was OK
2/ Installed CM9-Turl-v8 => an unresponsive horizontal line appeared, around 100px high
3/ Tried to come back to CM7, CM7-Neutrino, CM9-Joker-0.4 => bug still there
4/ Tried this calibration app, but couldn't click the button because it was under the unresponsive line, so turned the phone into landscape or upside-down to execute => bug still there
5/ Flashed PDS fix => bug still there, fear of a hardware issue
6/ Installed CM9-Joker-0.5 with awesome Installer => touch screen goes totally crazy (phantom-touches), BUT the line is finally responsive !! So, le wild idea appears
7/ Retried this calibration app, this time in the right way => SCREEN FINALLY OK !!!...
8/ ... For about 2 hours... Now my phone combines 2 issues : a new horizontal line is unresponsive (thinner than the old one), and crazy phantom-touches happen really often...

I was desperate, but now I know my problem is software, I see hope ! Am I the only one to have this problem ?

Thank you in advance

You are not the one who have this problem I had nottachtrix at first and touchscreen was working well when I instal MIUI 2.4.27 from there started my problem now my buttons sometime stop working when I bloc and then unblock phone buttons start working sometime it need restart phone I didn't try this ap yet but I think it's software because when buttons stop working my touchscreen is working full only buttons are not responsive is there some fix pleas PM me

kholdfuzion

Aug 7, 2007
After using nottachtrix arora installer to calibrate my touch would have random deadzones and w,e,s,z didnt work. Tried recalibrating with installer to only make it randomly worse or slightly better. This did the trick thoough. Thanks very much!!

Reactions: ferryyrref

astars2000

Dec 16, 2011
help me

i was used gingermod rom and change to aokp milestone 6 suddenly yesterday seen that there are area in screen didnt work i have tryied to back to gingermod still not work try this software but also didnt work what i have to do please help me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To the people of Turl's and Jokersax' CM9.

I have a touchscreen re-calibration app, I just tested it out and it seems to be working perfect. Don't hold me to it, but i think this is a pretty good temporary fix.

I'd love feedback, i didn't code this but after a few searches i was able to realize this is a universal fix for touchscreens that have been acting up.

Special thanks to gojimi. At least i hope.

I know what you mean, sometimes homework takes away most of my time too. But just use CM9 as your daily driver, and you'll be well informed on any issues that will occur.
    After using nottachtrix arora installer to calibrate my touch would have random deadzones and w,e,s,z didnt work. Tried recalibrating with installer to only make it randomly worse or slightly better. This did the trick thoough. Thanks very much!!