Black/Silver? Whats your pick?

Which color do you prefer for the One?

• Total voters
Search This thread

radiotrib

Jan 19, 2007
Den Haag
I don't really care what colour it is. HTC are giving one to me at no charge so I'll let them choose the colour and the specs. My service contract comes up for renewal in 12 months so maybe I'll end up with one of each colour by then :)

and it'll probably end up inside one of those super svelte black and red flip cases as soon as it gets unboxed anyway ...

Last edited:

code01

Feb 20, 2013
I don't really care what colour it is. HTC are giving one to me at no charge so I'll let them choose the colour and the specs. My service contract comes up for renewal in 12 months so maybe I'll end up with one of each colour by then :)

and it'll probably end up inside one of those super svelte black and red flip cases as soon as it gets unboxed anyway ...

Agree

Sent from my Coconut using xda app-developers app

kenny17430

May 23, 2010
Paris
I will go for the black. The "mate" finish of the black color seems more modern to me as aluminium is already "everywhere".

Shasarak

Aug 7, 2009
London
I've ordered silver, on the grounds that when (and sadly it is when and not if) I scratch it, it'll be a little less visible.

I'd have liked it in red, though....

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
I've ordered silver, on the grounds that when (and sadly it is when and not if) I scratch it, it'll be a little less visible.

I'd have liked it in red, though....

I liked the red too, and speaking of silver, I think black one has a pretty solid coating too

Sent from my DHD

mwatson

Oct 16, 2007
Basingstoke
After the terrible customer service I experienced with HTC two years ago with my DHD rebooting and such like I swore I'd never spend another penny with HTC and that has lasted. Until now.

Bugger. I'm going to have to go back on my word. I can't wait to get this!

As for the colour, my friend has an HTC One S in black which is also metal and started to Look like ****e in less than a week. The edges started to wear and the silver now shows through. The phone looks about six years old already.

So.. you bet at some point the paint will wear and show through. You'll need to carry a black marker pen and wish you'd have bought a silver "one"

My Mac and ipad look good in silver with a black screen. I'm sure the One will look great in the same colours too.

Last edited:

NiCk.JaY

Nov 23, 2012
After the terrible customer service I experienced with HTC two years ago with my DHD rebooting and such like I swore I'd never spend another penny with HTC and that has lasted. Until now.

Bugger. I'm going to have to go back on my word. I can't wait to get this!

As for the colour, my friend has an HTC One S in black which is also metal and started to Look like ****e in less than a week. The edges started to wear and the silver now shows through. The phone looks about six years old already.

So.. you bet at some point the paint will wear and show through. You'll need to carry a black marker pen and wish you'd have bought a silver "one"

My Mac and ipad look good in silver with a black screen. I'm sure the One will look great in the same colours too.

Lol, and with me, I'm bored of black, so I'm getting a silver, but still I'll see both of them in person before buying ;)

Sent from my DHD

itsmemuffins

Jun 13, 2010
It's gotta be Blake for me.

If the silver one was all silver and not like it is with whie plastic, I'd consider it.

The white plastic bits will be dirty by the end of the week.

My launch black iPhone is still pristine, don't see why the htc won't be te same. ;)

vegetaleb

It's gotta be Blake for me.

If the silver one was all silver and not like it is with whie plastic, I'd consider it.

The white plastic bits will be dirty by the end of the week.

My launch black iPhone is still pristine, don't see why the htc won't be te same. ;)

The problem is that I saw the ''silver'' One back in some photos in pure silver so no white paint or plastic,and in other pics it looks plain white!!!
So is there 3 colors instead of 2? (black-silver-white)

htc-one-silver-back-630.jpg

htc_one_live_sg_181.jpg

Last edited:

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
I want black. The silver doesn't quite do it for me and I still think the black power button is going to look funny.

M.

vegetaleb

It's not plastic white,perhaps at a certain angle it looks plain white but look at this silver(aluminum) :

dsc_0579.jpg

Though the black sides are better looking:

htc-one-black-photos-preview-6.jpg

So if you ask me the silver and black have gorgeous faces, the black win the sides and the silver the back,so it's a draw!

Look at this video with black and aluminum versions side by side,the aluminum version change from pure white to dark grey just by turning angles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO4CTaQsBiI

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which one would you prefer? Black or Silver?

HTC One in black:

htc-one-black-photos-preview-10.jpg

htc-one-black-photos-preview-6.jpg

htc-one-black-photos-preview-0.jpg

HTC One in silver:

440x330-htc-one-silver-back.jpg

htc-one-silver.jpg

htc-one-silver-side-angle-htc-one.jpg

dsc05219-1363076292.jpg

Black vs. Silver:

htc-one-black-white-640x492.jpg

Comparison for HTC One Silver and iPhone 5 White (Thanks to hamdir):

htc-one-iphone5-5.jpg

htc-one-iphone5-1.jpg

I was talking about the buildup of urea stains which would stain it yellow

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Not2BSure2Bif2Bserious-1.jpg

if serious......

tumblr_m3qi05XNdY1ruoy68o1_500.gif
    How are these for you, Pictures of mine Black....

Hot mama

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
    I thought about buying this case but then was worried it might damage phone. Scuff the phone due to tight fit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    well if you are going to be taking it off and putting it back on all the time then no, i probably wouldn't recommend it as yes it fits fairly tight - if you plan on removing a lot get a softer jelly type one

ive had it on and off a couple of times this evening and there are no marks but it is an excellent tight fit which is perfect as i dont plan to take it off anymore.
    while im pretty sure the black will be a sexy beast (judging by HTC's previous black metal phones)

but i'm going for silver

htc-one-iphone5-5.jpg

htc-one-iphone5-1.jpg

these photos helped me decide, first it looks miles away from the iPhone, so we can shut up those iPhone fiends

thank you HTC for making silver male again! :laugh:

also big advantage for using black glass on the front, makes the device look a lot more bold and masks the screen itself unlike the white iPhone, just like the iPad, when the screen is on you can see a black recessed border between the screen and the glass on the iPhone, which kills the screen floating on surface feel