Wifi Tether Router works on Sprint Note 2 with 4.3

Search This thread

Friffy1

Nov 18, 2010
Anyone NOT have this work yet? I've tried all the options stated above and I don't get an IP no matter what. The SSID does broadcast but no IP is ever obtained. Have an email into the dev but I'm hoping maybe one of you has run into this.

Thanks
Dave

I haven't gotten it to work with ANY settings listed in this thread or on the official site. As far as I can tell it's not broadcasting at all. SSID not visible to any devices that I've tried.

I'm stock, rooted, Sprint Note II.
I suppose I should specify that I'm odexed.

ANY help would be great!

Thanks!

Reactions: kenshin304

chinonj908

Feb 26, 2014
i have a sprint galaxy note 2 and i got my phone rooted on rootandroid.com in less than 5 minutes
then went to google play store and purchased wifi tether router by (fabio)its green and everything works 110%
im running 4.3 jelly bean and removed all the knox files with titanium backup

zack4290

Oct 5, 2010
wow just what i needed
im on stock 4.3 sprint
changed these settings works great
Use method 3, in tweaks- HostApd Patch Should Be Checked, drivers should be nl802011, the interface should be wlan0, everything else should be left alone

dfly1972

Mar 10, 2014
Thanks. worked right out of the box. configured my ssid and password and that's it.

I have an unlocked AT&T note 2 on T-Mobile with cf root

humpman1

Feb 5, 2012
San Francisco
WiFi Tether Router (Fabio Grasso)

I can confirm that the WiFi Tether Router (Fabio Grasso) also works with rooted 4.4 KitKat. I have been running it on JLMancuso's S5_FEAT ported rom (2.3) on my GN2 for over a week now. Yes!

humpman1

Feb 5, 2012
San Francisco
WiFi Tether Router (Fabio Grasso)

I haven't gotten it to work with ANY settings listed in this thread or on the official site. As far as I can tell it's not broadcasting at all. SSID not visible to any devices that I've tried.

I'm stock, rooted, Sprint Note II.
I suppose I should specify that I'm odexed.

ANY help would be great!

Thanks!

You want to make sure you have "Always allow scanning" unchecked in Advance WiFi settings.

supertwin33

Mar 31, 2013
My wife's phone would not run Hotspot that was built in with any Rom or build. This wifi tether router worked. Definitely with $2.50 from playstore...no hacks or torrent versions worked correctly. Paid playstore has a 15 minute refund policy if it doesn't work for you so there is nothing to lose

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

slenderman

May 24, 2012
What? How?

I can confirm that the WiFi Tether Router (Fabio Grasso) also works with rooted 4.4 KitKat. I have been running it on JLMancuso's S5_FEAT ported rom (2.3) on my GN2 for over a week now. Yes!

Which config you got running on 4.4.2, im still waiting for a solution on stock odexed rom, since 4.3 update, I cant tether my mobile data... I really need this configuration, im rooted on 4.4.2, also I've bought Wifi Tether Router with no luck of couse!

Tungsten c

Mar 3, 2011
Which config you got running on 4.4.2, im still waiting for a solution on stock odexed rom, since 4.3 update, I cant tether my mobile data... I really need this configuration, im rooted on 4.4.2, also I've bought Wifi Tether Router with no luck of couse!

I f you bought it contact the developer he will help you and provide the right configuration for your phone. He did for me.

the only I had to was setup an SSID and password. For whatever, leaving them as default wouldn't connect to clients. Everything else was the default from the install.

The only thing, slightly disappointing that didn't work, was the don't broadcast SSID. But it looks like the MAC filtering works, so there is some control who can connect to your device.

Unknown Zone

Oct 16, 2007
South Texas
I thought i was going to be bummed out this weekend since my phone crashed and I decided to upgraded fresh from 4.1 to 4.4.2 and my "wifi tether" apk did not work anymore. Saw this thread decided to buy and give this "Wifi Tether Router" a try, well worth the $$$ and it also helps the dev for the hard work..... followed the cofing setting from OP and now my rooted 4.4.2 has wifi tethering functions again. :good:

Now I am a Happy Camper!!!!!!!

Reactions: jpisini

m5james

Aug 27, 2010
Note 2 still running on Android 4.1.2. using Wi-Fi Tether- TrevE Mod Version 3.2-beta2-modv5 ***Synergized***. I've been using this for over two years on a Sprint unlimited plan, never upgraded the app to any other versions simple because...it works fine as is.

I'm a HEAVY data user (stream music for 10-12hrs a day, 7 days a week at work, the same when I'm driving around, then tethered to my laptop/TV combo at night, more often.than not I shut off tethering when I'm not using it do my phone will charge faster overnight) and have never heard a peep from Sprint...until last week. Merry Christmas, here's a nasty gram from Sprint saying that they've noticed me tethering, which is against their rules and threatening to terminate service. I can get onto my soapbox all day long about the bull**** behind having an unlimited plan and then telling me how I can use it (BMW didn't call me and threaten to repo my car when I took my M5 onto a dirt road!), so how do I stop Sprint from seeing this? As I said, I'm a HEAVY user no matter what, it's not like my laptop is going to pull data any faster than my phone (all those bandwagoners saying it's hogging resources) because ultimately my Sprint connection is the bottle neck (read - constant buffering no matter what I use to watch movies, ie my Note or my laptop both require buffering to play smoothly), but nevertheless they're seeing something that's raised an eyebrow and caused them to waste .29 stamp on me.

What are my options to hide this from them?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got an update for Wifi Tether Router, and now my tether works for the first time since I updated to 4.3.
    I am on a rooted Sprint Note 2 with a stock 4.3 ROM.

Ron
    Are you using the wifi tether with TrevE mod or the generic android wifi tether without TrevE mod? Thanks for the heads up.

Its an app in the play store called wifi tether router, its the only app that works on 4.3 but u must be rooted! Its only $2.00
    Do you have the setting for the 4.3. I could not get it to work.

TIA

Use method 3, in tweaks- HostApd Patch Should Be Checked, drivers should be nl802011, the interface should be wlan0, everything else should be left alone, you can also change the network name and password to your choice!
    No matter what I do, I still cant get it to work. Any help here?

Thanks
    Follow my directions above an change wifi channel to 1, ap type to master, and click advanced wifi settings and only network notification should be checked. These are my exact setting and it works perfectly. Im running the official 4.3 update I rooted it and removed knox thats it.
    I thought i was going to be bummed out this weekend since my phone crashed and I decided to upgraded fresh from 4.1 to 4.4.2 and my "wifi tether" apk did not work anymore. Saw this thread decided to buy and give this "Wifi Tether Router" a try, well worth the $$$ and it also helps the dev for the hard work..... followed the cofing setting from OP and now my rooted 4.4.2 has wifi tethering functions again. :good:

Now I am a Happy Camper!!!!!!!